Page 117 of 310 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 127 167 217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Here's the article on ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15...-jose-bautista

The only suspensions noted are Odor-8 games and Gibbons- 3 games.

I will be happily surprised if Bautista, Pillar and Donaldson escape suspension. Not that I think they deserve any but there was a lot of speculation each was looking at a few games.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    3 games for Gibbons. Last year I think he only got 1 game suspension for coming back out and not 3 like i had previously said. I wonder what the rationale is behind that.
    Probably the repeat offender thing in addition to the fact he ran out for a brawl.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Probably the repeat offender thing in addition to the fact he ran out for a brawl.
    He didn't actually DO anything though.

I'm pretty sure if you take a survey of all 30 managers what they would do if they had been tossed from a game and there was a brawl on the field, all 30 answers would come back the same.

I mean I would get it if he came out and grabbed Bannister and started clobbering him but all Gibbons was a part of was the regular baseball brawl type of activity. Yelling angry thoughts.

Automatic one game suspension sure. 3 seems excessive. Though i am biased.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think this was more based around coming back onto the field after already getting ejected earlier in the game.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    He didn't actually DO anything though.

I'm pretty sure if you take a survey of all 30 managers what they would do if they had been tossed from a game and there was a brawl on the field, all 30 answers would come back the same.

I mean I would get it if he came out and grabbed Bannister and started clobbering him but all Gibbons was a part of was the regular baseball brawl type of activity. Yelling angry thoughts.

Automatic one game suspension sure. 3 seems excessive. Though i am biased.
    I completely agree with you. I am not trying to say that he should have been suspended three, I am just trying to come up with reasons why it could have increased from 1 to 3. Prior offences and situation are the only things that make sense.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think this was more based around coming back onto the field after already getting ejected earlier in the game.
    What Bondon was trying to get at, was that he had that same suspension already, and it was only 1 game last time. So what warranted the additional two games?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Additional suspensions handed out:

Bautista - 1 game- said to be appealing
    Chavez - 3 games for hitting Fielder
    Andrus - 1 game for "aggressive actions during the incident."- not appealing
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Deity

Bautista gets one game for comments made after the game. He is appealing and will play tonight.

Dobber Sports All-Star

A lot of bubbles bursting this week and its only Tuesday. First Happ and now Stroman. He is getting knocked around pretty good. Guess that brawl has had the opposite effect it was supposed to have.

This sucks though. Blue Jays getting beat up again. Bob Cole is doing the Blues/Sharks game and i'm not a basketball fan. Anything good on tonight?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    A lot of bubbles bursting this week and its only Tuesday. First Happ and now Stroman. He is getting knocked around pretty good. Guess that brawl has had the opposite effect it was supposed to have.

This sucks though. Blue Jays getting beat up again. Bob Cole is doing the Blues/Sharks game and i'm not a basketball fan. Anything good on tonight?
    Turn the tv off and spend the evening with your favorite dobberites!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Titan

Omg, what a bad time to be a Toronto sports fan. TFC I guess is doing well. When’s the NHL draft? That’s my new look forward to date.

In hindsight, raps are a good story, but tough week ahead there. Now the bluejays aren’t doing well. Time to catch up on movies until the Jays hopefully turn it around.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Love watching the Jays get smashed twice in a row after their "rallying cry". Womp womp lol.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post

Let's not forget that Gibby was AA's choice. There's a short leash on him.
    Considering the start they've had this season, I'm surprised he's still there.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

He may not be an elite level coach but you're kidding yourself if you think other managers would have a better record for the Jays at this point. I do, however, think the end is near for Gibbons. As mentioned above, he's not Shapiro's guy and it was only a matter of time before he was shown the door.

Regardless of who is managing this team, they will turn it around. They are way too good not to. Last year, they had a similar start. And as I saw in a tweet, in 1992 the Jays had a 40 game stretch of sub .500 ball as well.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    He may not be an elite level coach but you're kidding yourself if you think other managers would have a better record for the Jays at this point. I do, however, think the end is near for Gibbons. As mentioned above, he's not Shapiro's guy and it was only a matter of time before he was shown the door.

Regardless of who is managing this team, they will turn it around. They are way too good not to. Last year, they had a similar start. And as I saw in a tweet, in 1992 the Jays had a 40 game stretch of sub .500 ball as well.
    If it wasn't for the starting pitchers carrying this team as far as they have so far this year, they wouldn't even be as close to 0.500 as they even are. Their expected strength (bullpen and offense) have been stagnant to say the least. I also have no doubt they will turn it around, but I doubt Gibbons will be there to enjoy it.