Page 112 of 310 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 122 162 212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    4 pitch walk to the number 9 hitter smh.

Also does Matt Albers always get that fired up or was he trying to make fun of Stroman and his tendency to get fired up
    He’s a big dude and he ran down a bunt. I think he was just fired up.

Also wouldn’t be surprised if he was mocking Stroman.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I get why STC don’t want him, but why do the Jays? He wasn’t playing well prior to his injuries last yr, doesn’t hit for average, and doesn’t have a lot of power left. The assets used for Adams should be used on a BP arm.

I know it would be a depth move, but EE, Smoak, and Bautista can play 1B, why a 3rd? And in 78-odd games Colly is back for the last half of the season (Not eligible for playoffs)
    I don't think they trust EE there anymore (or I think he'd already be there), Smoak cant hit for shit (teams have figured that he cant hit the breaking ball but is solid defensively) and Bautista probably doesn't want to (and I think we all know by now that Bautista gets what he wants with Gibby).

They are probably just looking for an upgrade to what they have. Adams has never been a big power hitter (career high 17 HRs) but is a career .275 hitter. The injuries last year hurt his average but the year before, when he was a everyday player, he hit over .280 in back to back seasons. I don't think he'd cost the Jays much as far as a return.

I don't think it's a bad idea but I do agree that they should be looking for a change in the 'pen too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I'm not a huge John Gibbons hater but honestly does anybody else think this team would/could be at another level with someone else running the show??

How does Saunders keep making these huge costly mistakes on the base paths??
    Is he not teaching his players how to lay down a bunt??
    Why isn't Goins advancing the runner with a bunt in the 7th with a hot K.Pillar coming up?? Goins however did lay down a bunt in the 9th and the pitcher threw the runner out at 2nd base..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I'm not a huge John Gibbons hater but honestly does anybody else think this team would/could be at another level with someone else running the show??

How does Saunders keep making these huge costly mistakes on the base paths??
    Is he not teaching his players how to lay down a bunt??
    Why isn't Goins advancing the runner with a bunt in the 7th with a hot K.Pillar coming up?? Goins however did lay down a bunt in the 9th and the pitcher threw the runner out at 2nd base..
    The only thing Gibbons is good for is the interview after the games. I have never been a fan of his game management, especially when it comes to the bullpen. I'd love to see them make a change here and to be honest, if they keep twiddling around .500 for another month, I don't think we will have to worry about him too much longer. Shapiro will more than likely make a move.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I think the call for taking home there was right. Who knew Mazara, a 20yr old, had a rocket arm like that? That was the perfect throw, and Saunders made a really good swim move slide to try and avoid the tag and the (again, young) catcher made a great play to block the plate. 7/10, Saunders scores.

Tulo and EE are literally missing homers by |--| that much. Come time when the dome is open, some of those are out of here. It’s still early, and wait till game 60 until moves get made. Honestly, that Griffin pitcher was playing with fire ALL game with his 68mph curve. Tulo had it squared up on a throw, was sitting on it speed wise, and the thing dipped JUST in front of his bat. Countless pitches Griffin was missing his spot, he’s not going to be that lucky and the Jays won’t be that unlucky.

The BP, ugh. 2015 all over again. So that at least helps me out thinking the team can flip the switch randomly. It’s not like there’s a team running away with the division either really. 15-10 BSox in first, Toronto is 12-15. That’s 1 series difference really.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Good to see the bandwagoners are all done though.....probably because it was a Monday and Dickey pitching....but it looked dead last night.

Admittedly...I haven't been yet this year....but I've also been upwards of 15 times each of the last 5 seasons. I had been to the last 7 home openers before this year but just refused to pay the same price as I paid for a playoff ticket last year.

Basically just fed up with them trying to scrap together a "bullpen" and having it be the main reason for their mediocrity once again this year.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Frustrating loss again yesterday. Definitely the right call to try and take home there, after a brutal base running gaffe by Saunders the batter before he made the right call there, it took a perfect throw and great play by the catcher to just get him.

Frustrating that Dickey finally has a great performance and the team can't score any runs behind him. After Pillar made the great throw to 2nd to end the 7th (8th?) and prevent the run from scoring I thought that gift was going to be the difference. I would like to see Gibby make a few more calls for bunts in the lower part of the order with guys who aren't hitting well. If you have Goins but in the 7th then you give red-hot Pillar a runner in scoring position with 1 out.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Good to see the bandwagoners are all done though.....probably because it was a Monday and Dickey pitching....but it looked dead last night.

Admittedly...I haven't been yet this year....but I've also been upwards of 15 times each of the last 5 seasons. I had been to the last 7 home openers before this year but just refused to pay the same price as I paid for a playoff ticket last year.

Basically just fed up with them trying to scrap together a "bullpen" and having it be the main reason for their mediocrity once again this year.
    Monday’s in general don’t seem to be busy for the Jays. Being right after Sunday’s game (which is always a good turn out), I can see why people wouldn’t go, especially with Dickey pitching. But yeah, the bandwagon fair season watchers are not there anymore. After this week (facing the Dodgers this weekend with Kershaw pitching Sunday), could be a big turning point for ticket prices. They lose the next 2 series, you’ll be able to get the freebee stuff I bet.

Still a lot of tickets on TicketMaster for Thursday’s TBT T-Shirt giveaway game, a lot in the lower bowl outfield too.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's been tough watching the games this season... thank god I have the NHL and NBA playoffs to distract me.

The bullpen continues to make me shit bricks every time I see them, but what's really surprising is the batting, which has been atrocious other than Donaldson, Saunders and Pillar.

WTF is up with Tulo? That dude's hitting has struggled ever since he came here, and I had high hopes he was going to rebound in a big way this season with the transition under his belt, but he's even worse than last year! Goins and Martin have also been worthless at the plate... it's almost like an automatic out every time I see those guys up there.

Not even going to get started on Saunders pathetic excuse for base running last night which cost us the game...

Dobber Sports Titan

I was at the game tonight. Wonderful character win for the Jays. Holding the Rangers to nothing after the first batter, and then Smoak coming up clutch in the 9th… and then again in the 10th!!

We still need to get Joey Bats and Tulo going (plus Cecil on the pen side). Martin at least looked a little more comfortable.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I was at the game tonight. Wonderful character win for the Jays. Holding the Rangers to nothing after the first batter, and then Smoak coming up clutch in the 9th… and then again in the 10th!!

We still need to get Joey Bats and Tulo going (plus Cecil on the pen side). Martin at least looked a little more comfortable.
    Funny enough after what I said yesterday....I went yesterday as well.

Thought it was going to be a season turning moment with that Barney AB but of course.....

They pulled out a win and Estrada was GREAT

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post

Certainly an exciting game and great game to get Smoak back on track. Estrada looked great again, was surprised Gibby pulled him at 88 pitches.

Same offensive errors plagued the Jays yesterday, inability to hit with runners in scoring position, grounding into double plays and small errors (Barney not getting the bunt down). Glad we pulled out the win but the offense needs to start pulling this together soon.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Certainly an exciting game and great game to get Smoak back on track. Estrada looked great again, was surprised Gibby pulled him at 88 pitches.

Same offensive errors plagued the Jays yesterday, inability to hit with runners in scoring position, grounding into double plays and small errors (Barney not getting the bunt down). Glad we pulled out the win but the offense needs to start pulling this together soon.
    Estrada’s last start he had tightness in his shoulder. Prolly just didn’t want to push it.

Dobber Sports Titan

Remember when people were saying the Happ signing was terrible?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Remember when people were saying the Happ signing was terrible?
    He's been solid so far, but I am still not high on him. Hopefully he can continue to prove me wrong.