Page 102 of 310 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 4641

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Toronto Blue Jays

Why wouldn't teams call on Hutchinson. They kid is only 26 years old and has shown he can win big league baseball games. It's not that he's not a good pitcher, it's more than he's inconsistent and that is something that should be fixable.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Plus he’s had his customary, almost mandatory now, Tommy John Surgery out of the way. He’d be a really cheap trade target for a team, I really get why a team would call for him.

The way things are going this offseason, I just hope the Jays aren’t left looking at teams wiz by.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's not surprising the Jays aren't acquiring a reliever yet - the market for them has been insane.

Dobber Sports Titan

They were apparently in the running for Petit who signed in SF again.

After the success of KCR, I get why teams are scooping up all these RP. Teams are followers of the trend setters.

What I am surprised with is the lack of Arbitration signings the Jays have done. There’s like 10 guys that need to be given a contract and not one has been signed.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://mobile.twitter.com/bnicholso...7159895040?p=v

#BlueJays now at ~$132.15 M in 2016 commitments (pending arb cases, not counting league-min players) pic.twitter.com/Suyh5JESRL
    jays.png

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

AA has landed a job elsewhere. Happy for him.

Dobber Sports Titan

They are looking at Gallardo now. With roughly 18mill left, this could be a great add depending on term.

Rotation of Stroman, Dickey, Estrada, Happ, and Gallardo would be awesome. Keeping our RP deep (Chavez, Hutch, and Sanchez stay in the BP) while adding some SP depth. Gallardo hasn’t pitch under 180ip in 7 straight yrs. That’s what the Jays need. A 3.50ERA pitcher that will pitch the whole season.

Also allows a Dickey trade for some prospects too if that rumour comes to fruition. Then if you sign Gallardo to ~15mill, it’s only a 3mill upgrade (Dickey is 12mill).

Dobber Sports Titan

They are looking at Gallardo now. With roughly 18mill left, this could be a great add depending on term.

Rotation of Stroman, Dickey, Estrada, Happ, and Gallardo would be awesome. Keeping our RP deep (Chavez, Hutch, and Sanchez stay in the BP) while adding some SP depth. Gallardo hasn’t pitch under 180ip in 7 straight yrs. That’s what the Jays need. A 3.50ERA pitcher that will pitch the whole season.

Also allows a Dickey trade for some prospects too if that rumour comes to fruition. Then if you sign Gallardo to ~15mill, it’s only a 3mill upgrade (Dickey is 12mill).

But Gallardo has a draft pick tied to him.

29mill/3yrs is a 7th round draft pick going to Texas I think. But no way he signs for less than 10mill/yr.

Somebody tell me why Aaron Loup was resigned?? He couldn't be trusted last year unless the Jays were up 10, I just don't get it..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports All-Star

I couldn't believe my ears this morning when I heard that Josh Donaldson is taking the Blue Jays to arbitration over $450,000???? Are you effing kidding me? This guy is the best thing to happen to this organization in 20 years, not to mention he is the reigning MVP, and they are actually allowing this to happen? WOW. Give the guy the $450,000 and then add another friggin $2 million. I understand its business but, you don't do that to this guy. Its not like they are $5 million apart. Am I missing something here? Totally embarrassing IMO.

I was going to say something about this today aswell.. This new President is going to wreck this team.. Buckle up for another 20 year rebuild!,
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I couldn't believe my ears this morning when I heard that Josh Donaldson is taking the Blue Jays to arbitration over $450,000???? Are you effing kidding me? This guy is the best thing to happen to this organization in 20 years, not to mention he is the reigning MVP, and they are actually allowing this to happen? WOW. Give the guy the $450,000 and then add another friggin $2 million. I understand its business but, you don't do that to this guy. Its not like they are $5 million apart. Am I missing something here? Totally embarrassing IMO.
    At least they AREN'T $5M apart. Yes its chump change, the $450K for both sides at this point, but at least that's all they are apart. That tells you that a deal is on the brink of happening, which is nothing but good news.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    At least they AREN'T $5M apart. Yes its chump change, the $450K for both sides at this point, but at least that's all they are apart. That tells you that a deal is on the brink of happening, which is nothing but good news.
    No doubt, but it looks really bad from a PR's perspective.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd be down for Gallardo for sure.

And Loup at $1mill honestly is a steal IMO. I was never comfortable with him coming on the mound last season but I'm down to give him another shot. The "advanced stats" suggest that he was better than he looked. Which I'm hoping is right because the seeing eye test was brutal with him.

Dobber Sports Padawan

-The Jays (AA) lowballed JD last year as well. It went to arbitration and that's why JD made $4.3 mil in his MVP season when he wanted $5.7mil. This isn't a Shapiro thing. The Jays have done it for years. Maybe under Shapiro this is something that will change. I do agree that it is not a good look for the Jays though.