Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Listen to this guy try to disconnect his Comcast service haha

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Listen to this guy try to disconnect his Comcast service haha

You guys know that as human beings we have the ability to change our circumstances, right? We don't just have to put up with awful leaders. We're the ones who put them "in charge" with our choices, habits, voting, etc.

It's a rigged game, but it's not impossible to win. I love all you guys here, but sometimes I wish people would get a little angrier about this stuff.

MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    You guys know that as human beings we have the ability to change our circumstances, right? We don't just have to put up with awful leaders. We're the ones who put them "in charge" with our choices, habits, voting, etc.
    It's a rigged game, but it's not impossible to win. I love all you guys here, but sometimes I wish people would get a little angrier about this stuff.
    Ah... to be young.
    Your efforts to discuss your opinions on how you see the world will change as you age. (not your "views"... your "efforts to discuss them".)
    Especially being in law.

Discussing politics & "changing the world"... here... on this website... is pure evidence that you aren't really going to make a difference.
    People that blog on fantasy hockey websites are not really difference makers in the world.

Sorry, true.
    So chill out - and discuss purely for the sake of discussion.

Don't lecture us on "making a difference"... because you are trying to educate the wrong crowd if you are preaching it here.

Dobber Sports Giant

P7, I really like you, but you have no idea what you're talking about. There is no such thing as a "wrong crowd." Look at Shoeless, et al. and the difference he is making. You don't have to work in a public interest organization and have aspirations to be a public defender (like myself) to care about the world you live in. Just have to care a little bit.

Clearly some people here don't give a crap. And that's fine, but if you don't care please leave your opinions at the door. There are some of us here who aren't crippled by fear and want to make a difference. Discussing politics here is my attempt to convince even one person that we don't have to be slaves anymore. If you guys don't mind the chains, don't let me stop you. But I'm sure someone here gives a damn. It's not my fault that some people need a good lecture every now and again.

If you'll excuse me, I have to go fight for the public interest now. Some of us care enough about other people to actually work for it.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Demi-God

P7, I really like you, but you have no idea what you're talking about. There is no such thing as a "wrong crowd." Look at Shoeless, et al. and the difference he is making. You don't have to work in a public interest organization and have aspirations to be a public defender (like myself) to care about the world you live in. Just have to care a little bit.

Clearly some people here don't give a crap. And that's fine, but if you don't care please leave your opinions at the door. There are some of us here who aren't crippled by fear and want to make a difference.

A ha!
    Finally a thread for me to increase my post count.

You are getting a bit mean now.
    "You have no idea what you're talking about."

Oh, c'mon man... you hurt my feelings a bit.

Shoeless makes a difference because if he can rake in some money from us... he can actually do something with it. Something really positive and valuable.
    You are just spouting opinion.
    What value are you adding to society in general with your comments?
    Tell me.

I'd love to see your list about how you are making the world a better place by really getting "a little angrier about this stuff".
    I've seen my wife's Facebook.
    The world is full of pretenders that think they are making a difference by sharing a link about something they want to advocate.

If you truly want to be a difference maker, you need to spend your free time on a worthwhile cause.
    But not here.

By the way, have you sent Shoeless any money for his cause?
    If you haven't - you are just a pretender in my books.
    Do you really want to make a difference?
    Send him some money.
    He's a difference maker.

Me & you... discussing politics and where to eat chicken... are not difference makers in this world.
    The difference is this: I know I'm wasting time and I'm acutely aware of that.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It is possible to change the world, but I would argue that playing the game in any way is exactly the wrong way to try and change it. Take your kids to Community Cleanup. Volunteer at the Sr Centre. Foster some children. That's how you change the world. The political system is utterly broken.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    If people actually bailed on their community because they didn't like the leader...
    )
    Ontario would be empty
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Comcast, Rogers, Bell, etc are responsible for driving up wireless prices to the point where it is the highest in Canada by a mile, and the US a close second. You can make a difference online - by teaming up. Follow openmedia.ca if you're interested in adding your name to petitions, seeing what the lobbyists are trying to get from the government, etc.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Comcast, Rogers, Bell, etc are responsible for driving up wireless prices to the point where it is the highest in Canada by a mile, and the US a close second. You can make a difference online - by teaming up. Follow openmedia.ca if you're interested in adding your name to petitions, seeing what the lobbyists are trying to get from the government, etc.
    So you're saying we should spend our online time over there?
    I've already committed 20min a day to blogging with the nerds over at asoiaf.westeros.org.
    You are going to lose me.

I...am your father.

I've already committed 20min a day to blogging with the nerds over at asoiaf.westeros.org.
    This is too bad - we would (or I would) love more of your asoiaf stuff here. Your theories blew my mind, made me think in ways that I hadn't

Dobber Sports Demi-God

This is too bad - we would (or I would) love more of your asoiaf stuff here. Your theories blew my mind, made me think in ways that I hadn't
    I actually just started reading the Dunk & Egg trilogy of novellas (first one, Hedge Night, done) and last night I got two chapters into Book4 (Feast for Crows).
    And I'm in round 2 of re-watching the TV Shows.

My mom has become a die-hard of the story, she's on her 2nd re-read and we discuss "theories" weekly.

Last night, re-watching the show Season 3, Episode 2... somebody was talking about Jon Snow and mentioned his "brown eyes".
    Brown?
    GRRM be like

Dobber Sports Wizard

So you're saying we should spend our online time over there?
    You are going to lose me.
    What the hell there's a FORUM over there?!? My life has been a lie!
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Ontario would be empty
    I actually like Rob Ford, but that's because I'm in Alberta and he provides a good laugh. Although I would say, he's not entirely unlike Ralph, who is a god over here.