Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PLEASE READ!

Banned

Default PLEASE READ!

Noriculous wrote:
    To mister_mcgoo:
    Like I was saying to Praba, it can take a while for people to read your posts. This should make all of us realize that if we post some outlandish message, it might be a good idea to delete it before too many read it.
    yeah I hear you man, the only thing that doesn\'t add up is that I\'ve ALWAYS been a bit of a dick, its just my personality to push people\'s buttons a bit. But most of the people on this board have a sense of humor and we all have a good laugh about it...in fact usually I GET karma for being a smartass and ripping on people a bit -lol.

Dobber Sports Master

Default PLEASE READ!

Noriculous wrote:
    praba wrote:
    yea comon i was at -7 seven just cuz i was pissed off that 30 people sent me emails with their names lol
    Praba, in a 30 GM draft if you piss off 23 GMs, you go from 16 to -7. Very simple.

And it won\'t all come at once because not everyone is on at the same time.

Btw, I think it was a repetition weird posts that got you those smites from everyone. Once your weird posts stopped (and every one had time to read them), you stopped losing karma, see the link?

Anyway, its over and everything is fine now.

To mister_mcgoo:
    Like I was saying to Praba, it can take a while for people to read your posts. This should make all of us realize that if we post some outlandish message, it might be a good idea to delete it before too many read it.
    Noriculous glad to see that someone else remembers those posts. I searched for them forever last night and then relaized they were deleted. It was a weird few days.... lets forget about them and talk about hockey
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Icon

Default PLEASE READ!

Splended post Jeff. I have quite an issue with getting heated in forum \"conversations,\" but most often i get mad because others aren\'t acting courteously...

I\'ve come a long way from my pre-moderator days of mud-slinging, and I very rarely resort to name calling... and if it is, it\'s usually in jest (i mean really, yokel is a pretty funny thing to call someone wouldn\'t you say? :lol: but hardly offensive in my opinion). But what I\'m getting at is that if I can tame my game a bit, pretty much anyone can.

But I digress...

In regards to karma:
    I have noticed though that my karma goes up when I don\'t post and goes down when I do... I was gone for months during the hockey season and I come back and my karma was 30 points higher than when I left it... Now that I\'m posting again it\'s dropped by 15. I guess people only appreaciate me when I\'m gone or something lol...

I\'ve just come to terms with the fact that when you have strong opinions and you get to the point, you\'re likely to step on some toes on the way. This is my way... so I\'ll never be \"crowd favorite.\"

Oh well. Good words to live by Angus.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default PLEASE READ!

not sure what stuff happened but I agree with all your points big guy...just gave you some karma...enjoy..lol
    12GM keeper
    lineup 3L 3C 3R 5D Gmin add up to 82gms
    P,+/-,PPG,PIM,GWG,GAA
    GA= 1pt
    P,+/-,GAA worth more.
    3 picks every year
    NO FA signings

LW.Ovechkin,Kovolchuk,Lucic,Burrows,Carcillo
    C.Kopitar,Jokinen,Mueller,Berglund,Duchane,Krecji
    RW.Heatley,Giroux,Voracek,Backes,Franzen,Fehr
    D.Whitney,Carle,Letang,Green,Keith,Goligoski,Carls on
    G. Lundquist,Theodore,Rask

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default PLEASE READ!

good stuff guys. Keep the petty arguments off the board.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default PLEASE READ!

who is now attacking my karma?

I\'ve lost four or five since this thread was started.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Pro

Default PLEASE READ!

Who knows Angus, very good original post but this Karma thing is a strange one....I tried to define it once for another thread:

DOBBER KARMA
    The total effect of a person\'s actions and conduct on DobberHockey.com, through insight and opinion, regarded as determining the person\'s overall influence in your fantasy hockey destiny and enjoyment of the site.

Meanwhile my Karma has been pretty consistent until I mistakenly somehow insulted the appearance of women from Montreal in a rant about Sundin signing on in Habland. I think most people agreed with the Sundin/hockey/Leafs-Hab rivalry part, but the responses were \"back off the french girls\"! In this case I responded, apologized to our offended readers and was educated on an area I should probably avoid if I had any desire to maintain any Karma at all.

I would assume that most of the Dobberites are male, but considering differences in culture, language, geography, team-affiliation, preconceived biases, hate/love for players etc... I think it is most important for people to read the responses, listen to their critics and not to assume that a personal insult is intended. Sometimes meaningful posts include a small tidbit, that the poster casts off as irrelevant that draws the ire of the community. Most insults seem to be in the \"eye of the beholder\" so to speak. So take everything with a grain of salt, concentrate on the hockey issues and for god\'s sake lay off the french girls.

Super Moderator

Default PLEASE READ!

I gave you +1 Angus.

I gotta this say this past week or 2, these wars have just been ridiculous. I hope the people who are dropping people\'s karma\'s feel they have changed the world in a dramatic way and that they showed us who\'s boss. Maybe they think they affect our lives in a profound way in decreasing our karma.
    I doubt you\'ll change anything you\'ve done as I HOPE nobody changes as this is the best site for a reason. I\'m not sure how many people are registered but I\'m assuming hundreds to maybe a thousand or 2. With those numbers, you\'re bound to get a couple of losers. I just hope people take advice in this thread.

p.s. Congrats to SPAIN (I risk getting my karma decreased by all the Germans, I\'m ready for it).
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default PLEASE READ!

WHO DOCKED MY KARMA AGAIN? THATS IT, IM LOWERING EVERYONE ELSES:laugh:

Dobber Sports Ace

Default PLEASE READ!

angus wrote:
    who is now attacking my karma?

I\'ve lost four or five since this thread was started.
    Ay, Scoundrels they are!

I\'ve given you a karma Master Angus -- an\' iffin ay could, I\'d give ya a case, lad! With some haggus to go with it. Now, that\'s good for what ails ya!
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe