Thread: trade thoughts

goldfish47

Default trade thoughts

budaj vyborny gerber and get sykora glen murray and telquist...i play 2 each fwd position and already have kipper and legace...my draft is coming up and towes price backstrom and mueller are available i have 3rd 4th and 5th overall picks my only rw is knuble if this goes thru 1pt goal 1pt assist +/- pim and ppp

Post edited by: goldfish47, at: 2007/07/20 00:25

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re:trade thoughts

I like that deal. Tellquist could have a good number of starts this year and who knows. Plus you get Sykora and Murray which the former will be great this year.

on the flip side...

You are giving up a backup goalie and a starter that will likely be replaced in a few years. Vyborny will not be better than Sykora but will be better than Murray.

All in all you got yourself a deal.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

With Pheonix signing Aebisher who I am not sold can take the reigns of the team all to himself you can squeeze a pick out of the other guy using this tid bit.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I have to agree. This deal accomplishes a number of things. First, and foremost it solidifies you at rw by adding murray and sykora, it\'s not a great set of rw\'s but at the very least it frees you up to draft the best player available as opposed to having to draft for position. Second, this trade allows to get rid of what seems to be an abundance of goaltending talent, and the goalies you\'re giving up are nothing special, whereas I would posit that Telquist has a decent upside, and a legitimate shot at being the starter in phoenix by year\'s end. By getting Telquist you allow yourself to draft a prospect goalie as opposed to having to stay away from price for fear of overloading at one position. The ability to draft the best player available is key for you given who is available and the number of high picks that you possess, if you got nothing else out of this deal the ability to draft the BPA as opposed to by position makes this deal worth it for you. The fact that you got quality in return makes it all the better.