Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2 for 2 swap

Banned

Default 2 for 2 swap

League in my signature. I have a guy in my league who really likes Toews (I do too) and we were talking trades and I got him to agree to the following (he might need a little more coaxing but he's close)

Toews/Bishop

for

Spezza/Price

I feel like Spezza will have a bug bounce back in Dallas and can get close to ppg again, and while I like Bishop OK, I feel it's a fantastic time to sell him and if I can get a franchise goalie this is a great chance to lock one up

good deal? average deal? bad deal?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: 2 for 2 swap

I dont think I can ever advocate trading away Toews to get Spezza. The idea of it offends me on a visceral level. The small upgrade from Bishop to Price is not even close to justifying the other side of the deal.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i think the trade is about meh, not good not bad, just about right

given your team i like the idea of shifting the risk from goal to center as center in general tends to be the easiest and quickest position you can replace over the long haul

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Stud

In my opinion, Price is the best goaltender in the world. I would give up Toews + Bishop for Spezza + Price in a heartbeat.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Toews > Spezza
    Bishop = Price

Toews & Bishop side trumps Spezza & Price.

Price and Bishop are basically very close in value and production to each other. Where as, Toews will beat out Spezza and is more durable, reliable IMO.

Tampa Bay is on the rise and conversely I can see Montreal regress.

Last year before Bishop went down these two goalies were neck and neck in overall stats.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Varly Bishop and Bob are all on Prices level. Tuukka Luukka is above it.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I dont think I can ever advocate trading away Toews to get Spezza. The idea of it offends me on a visceral level. The small upgrade from Bishop to Price is not even close to justifying the other side of the deal.
    Yeah I hear ya, I don't like it for the same reason but i think their value in my format will be at worst equal.

Bishop could go on to post 5 more seasons just like last but he's not proven. Price has been consistently getting stronger and posting solid numbers every year, that's why I see him as much more valuable in a keeper

Dobber Sports Sage

With 7 skater cats that Toews is a BEAST in several of, and only 4 G cats, I just dont see how you end up with a net win if you do it. For the love of God get someone better than Spezza if you can.

Dobber Sports Stud

Maybe I'm giving Spezza the benefit of the doubt here, but it's like people forget this guy is two years removed from scoring 84 points playing with Milan Michalek and a 39 y/o Alfredsson.

Also, Spezza is in a contract year so he's playing for a 45+ million extension if he can light it up. He's going to be playing hard all year.

Hmm... trying to remember the last center with "character issues" to go to Dallas and tear the league apart....

Also, Bishop = Price?!?! Gimme a break.

Well yea true, not = Price > Bishop but imo not by very much. Price is the sexier pick I get that, and has a history better than Bishop at this point, but Bishop is no slouch and Tampa is a rising team. I really like Bishop's game and team. I think the difference in Bishop to Price is made up with Toews > Spezza.

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Maybe I'm giving Spezza the benefit of the doubt here, but it's like people forget this guy is two years removed from scoring 84 points playing with Milan Michalek and a 39 y/o Alfredsson.

Also, Spezza is in a contract year so he's playing for a 45+ million extension if he can light it up. He's going to be playing hard all year.

Hmm... trying to remember the last center with "character issues" to go to Dallas and tear the league apart....

Also, Bishop = Price?!?! Gimme a break.

Banned

well I'm glad to see it's a spirited argument on both sides, that means I was right to ask myself "is this better for me or not?"

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Ryker View Post
    Well yea true, not = Price > Bishop but imo not by very much. Price is the sexier pick I get that, and has a history better than Bishop at this point, but Bishop is no slouch and Tampa is a rising team. I really like Bishop's game and team. I think the difference in Bishop to Price is made up with Toews > Spezza.
    Just like Price may be the sexier pick, I think Toews is the sexier pick. Don't get me wrong, I love Toews just as much as the next guy, but when you trade for Toews, you aren't trading for a guy who can put up 85+ points, you're trading for an all around player who is a fan favourite in a major hockey market.

You look at their stats from this year, points are basically identical, +/- will change with Spezza going to Dallas, Toews won 110 more faceoffs (1.5 per game or 4.5 - 6 per week), Spezza wins PIMs, Spezza wins PPP, Toews wins SHP, Spezza wings SOG (but similar to FOW it's too small to matter on a week to week basis). In the mean time, everyone keeps shitting on Spezza while Toews is still a golden boy, but other than the glaring +/- difference from this year, their stat lines are basically identical.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i don't view Price as a sexier pick, i view him as a much safer pick

Price not only has a track record to point to compared to Bishop, he is actually younger than Bishop by nearly a year

Bishop has a single season

if anyone is the sexy pick it is the one hit wonder, at this point of his career, in Bishop

Price was a sexy pick after the 07-08 season, now he is settling into being a steady top 5 netminder who is about to enter his prime

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Fair argument on both ends. Agree to disagree. As for Bishop and Price...speaking of basically identical.

Bishop -37 wins
    Price -34 wins

Bishop -2.23 GAA
    Price -2.32 GAA

Bishop -.924 SV%
    Price -.927 SV%

Bishop -5 SO
    Price - 6 SO

I see TB improving and MTL regressing this 2014-15 season.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Price has 7 NHL seasons with 39+ starts while Bishop has 1

i am sorry but you cannot just compare 1 season between the two of them and somehow make them equal

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max