Thread: Keeper Help

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Keeper Help

I am in a 12 team H2H (QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, DEF K) that uses 1 pt for 30 yds passing, with the rest being standard Yahoo! scoring.

I am taking over the team which finished 2nd last year and has some decent Keepers, of which I can take 3.

I have it narrowed down to P. Manning, Stafford, Lacy, Marshall, Hilton and Montee Ball.

I feel a bit funny saying I am on the fence with Manning because of his age, but this is a limited keeper so I might be able to get another decent QB in this or the next draft. Marshall and Lacy are shoe-ins for me and I am thinking Manning but like Stafford basically because of age.

Just looking for peoples thoughts on what they would do.
    12 Team H2H (4C,LW,RW; 6D; 2G)

C - Crosby, Eichel, Duchene, Bennett, Henrique, Namestnikov
    LW - Landeskog, Kreider, Schwartz, Martin, Boedker, Hagelin
    RW - Simmonds, Gaborik, R. Strome, Draisaitl, Oshie, Duclair
    D - Karlsson, Klingberg, Trouba, Ristolainen, Gudas, Alzner, Borowiecki
    G - Price, Talbot, Gibson, Lehner, Pavelec

Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HITS, BLK, GS, W, GAA, SV, SV% & SHO

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Keeper Help

Based on if you wanna go for a championship now or later. If you want it now, get Manning, later go with Stafford.

Staffords numbers are based on Calvin Johnson, so I know his contract is up soon so if you know Johnson will stay that will help out Staffords numbers moving forward

Dobber Sports Padawan

My keepers are Manning, Marshall and Lacy in standard leagues. With your limited keepers, take the best guy for the upcoming season.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Lacy, Ball and Stafford would be my keepers. It's not a bad thing having 2 Broncos for this upcoming year, but this is a dynasty. At looking at Stafford's age vs. manning's I'm taking Stafford. He arguably has as many toys in a controlled environment for half of his games: Pettigrew, Ebron, CJ, Tate, Bush, etc.

Besides the future, Stafford's production will be close enough to Manning for the shorterm that there won't be enough of a gap to justify keeping the older player. Also, the playoff factor weighs. Manning isn't the best playoff performer. For his lack of success to date, you may as well roll Stafford. You have nothing to lose.

At the end of the day, you get a young QB in an explosive offense, throwing to THE best WR in the game. You get a young back in arguably the best offense in Ball. And Lacy, well. He's a friggin beast. He will get a ton of touches.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    Also, the playoff factor weighs. Manning isn't the best playoff performer. For his lack of success to date, you may as well roll Stafford. You have nothing to lose.
    Playoffs don’t normally matter in Fantasy football. However, it might factor in to the fact the Broncos have a better chance at locking a playoff position sooner than the Lions. This would mean players will rest the final games to get ready for the playoffs. Come week 15-17, that’s fantasy playoffs, so you don’t want to have your backbone of your team on the bench. I’ve gotten screwed over by this in fantasy hockey (Rask, Stamkos, and Voracek easing off in the finals) and in Football, which always sucks.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    Lacy, Ball and Stafford would be my keepers. It's not a bad thing having 2 Broncos for this upcoming year, but this is a dynasty. At looking at Stafford's age vs. manning's I'm taking Stafford. He arguably has as many toys in a controlled environment for half of his games: Pettigrew, Ebron, CJ, Tate, Bush, etc.

Besides the future, Stafford's production will be close enough to Manning for the shorterm that there won't be enough of a gap to justify keeping the older player. Also, the playoff factor weighs. Manning isn't the best playoff performer. For his lack of success to date, you may as well roll Stafford. You have nothing to lose.

At the end of the day, you get a young QB in an explosive offense, throwing to THE best WR in the game. You get a young back in arguably the best offense in Ball. And Lacy, well. He's a friggin beast. He will get a ton of touches.
    I agree with this. Stafford's immediate ceiling and floor aren't a heck of a lot different than Manning's. The primary difference is the length of time that he'll be able to anchor your team. With 3 starting WRs though, and opting to keep both Ball and Lacy, you'll obviously need to hit WRs early and often in your draft while others are scrambling for serviceable RBs.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would try and package Manning and Ball to get a stud RB. Would then keep Stafford Lacy and said stud RB. I know this team finished second last year, but given it isn't a 2QB league, terrible job drafting. No reason to have both those QBs.