Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Financial Independence

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Financial Independence

Dutch - sorry I haven't had time to get back to you PM.

I took a quick look at WFG's website cause I've never heard of them... I'm not going to say "Pyramid Scheme", but it's not far from it. This is just like Primerica all over again... that's not to say you can't make money doing it, but from my experience these schemes come and go, and most eventually crumble, so you may want to give some thought about whether you want to go "all-in" on WFG in terms of investing in a long-term career.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Not sure what you mean by that... my company owns College Pro Painters (among many other businesses that we own in the real estate sector), and it is a very legitimate business and one of the largest and most successful franchising systems in North America.

I don't know what your level of business education is, but the benefit of the franchising system enables many individuals (including younger kids) to become entrepreneurs who otherwise wouldn't have the capital, infrastructure or experience to build a business from scratch themselves. It is a proven business model that has been around forever and enables many to become entrepreneurs who otherwise wouldn't be able to overcome the barriers to entry that I mention above.

There's no reason why a 22 year old can't run their own business... you get leads through the website or you generate your own by going door to door your neighbourhood, you order paint and supplies from your designated supplier, and then you drive over to someone's house and paint it. Not rocket science here... you shouldn't underestimate the ambition and capability of youth.
    it's not a pyramid scheme or anything like the other companies, I'm just not a fan of this company and like I said above, 85-90+ % of people will fail. It's just not worth it for most people. I know people who worked for College Pro and it's just the same BS that you hear from all these sorts of companies. You're not actually running your own business, you're not an entrepreneur, you're just painting for College Pro.

I don't underestimate the ambition and capability of youth, I am in that bracket. It's just that a lot of the time, ambition leads to making stupid decisions like joining some of these companies and thinking you have made it. I know a guy who "had his own business" with College Pro then "had his own business" with Body By VI or whatever it is called. It just never ends. Once you're in, and brainwashed, it's over for you.

Dobber Sports Star

In light of my most recent dobber argument I was re-reading some old financial threads. There is some solid insight from a variety of people on the first few pages of this thread, so upon reading it again I thought I would give it a bump for anyone interested. Rep on its way asap for those who contributed - an interesting read even the 3rd time around.