Thread: Mason for Okposo +

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Mason for Okposo +

Hey guys. Looking for some input on one of my recent trades.

The deal was Mason + 5th overall + 2015 2nd for Okposo + Teravainen + Hellberg + 10th. So you know, its a 14 team dynasty where goalies hold very high value.

Trying to get some input on this trade, I feel I did well considering the only starter I had was Niemi. Only had to give up one roster player in Okposo to do it. Also feel I went from a team with goalie troubles to an instant contender.

Also would like input on trading my 4th and 5th overall for Barkov + 15th?? Have been offered this and feel Barkov would benefit my "win now" team very well. Fyi Bennett, Ehlers, Reinhart went 1,.2, & 3.

Thanks in advance for any input received.

Should be noted that if I accept I still have the 15th, 17th, and 18th picks left to use this year. Updated team in sig.
    Last edited by SteelCity14; June 26, 2014 at 7:58 PM. Reason: Left out deal terms

GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Barkov, Malkin, Nielsen, Zibanejad
    LW: Lucic, Benn, Tatar, Fleischmann
    RW: Johansen, Tarasenko, Downie, Perron
    D: Doughty, Chara, Yandle, Edler, Seidenberg, Brodin, Wideman, Kulikov, Robidas
    G: Niemi, Nabokov, Mason, Emery, Reimer

Farm: Lazar, Nieto, Pulkkinen, Compher, Fiala, Vrana, Barber, Pastrnak, Larkin, McCann, Rattie, Rakell, Salomaki, Connelly, Keranen, Clendening, Borowiecki, Matheson, de Haan, Carrick, Gillies, Nilsson-KHL, Dansk, Stalock

Picks Owned:
    2015: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Mason for Okposo +

4th and 5th overall for Barkov I like and would jump on it.

But Mason + 5th overall for Okposo, Teravainen, Hellberg and the 10th overall I don't like as much. I'm not sold on Mason as a starter yet and worry he might fall off. Okposo I'm not sold on either, so that evens it out a bit, but I think he has a better chance at maintaining his numbers then Mason does as he's playing with Tavares. I like Teravainen better then the 5th overall, but not by much, but you also added Hellberg and the 10th overall, which I don't think needed to be included at all, so overall I think you're taking a hit. If Mason works out and is solid, then great, I think it's probably an even trade, but you took on too much risk for what you paid in my opinion.

It's a very deep league in terms of skaters and goaltenders, but in head to head, I would rather have the skater depth then a middling goaltender.

The Great One

With uncertainty surrounding niemi (I think he will still play 55-60) but having stalock mitigates that, and Nabokov I think not landing an NHL deal you needed a goalie and this addresses it....

Dobber Sports Prodigy

That's exactly what my thinking was. Big question marks as to where Niemi will be to start 2014-15 season.

I left out a part of the deal. I also received a 2015 2nd round pick for our entry draft. Will update my post to show that. Thanks for the input so far.

GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Barkov, Malkin, Nielsen, Zibanejad
    LW: Lucic, Benn, Tatar, Fleischmann
    RW: Johansen, Tarasenko, Downie, Perron
    D: Doughty, Chara, Yandle, Edler, Seidenberg, Brodin, Wideman, Kulikov, Robidas
    G: Niemi, Nabokov, Mason, Emery, Reimer

Farm: Lazar, Nieto, Pulkkinen, Compher, Fiala, Vrana, Barber, Pastrnak, Larkin, McCann, Rattie, Rakell, Salomaki, Connelly, Keranen, Clendening, Borowiecki, Matheson, de Haan, Carrick, Gillies, Nilsson-KHL, Dansk, Stalock

Picks Owned:
    2015: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd