Thread: Need help with this one!

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Need help with this one!

I've been offered 2nd overall pick in NHL draft this Friday*, Joe Morrow and Jacob de la Rose for my Gardiner and Domi.

*I have not discretion - whoever is actually selected in the real NHL entry draft in the 2nd position would be the guy I get.

League in my sig. We have no farm system and as we need to start 20 of 26 total roster players, we can only afford to carry a few prospects so generally only very good prospects are taken. It's a salary pool and this would shed me a bit of salary (our cap is based on NHL salary rather than cap hit, and bonuses don't count - so whoever goes 2nd overall would have a salary of $0.925 million for 3 years, etc). I don't currently have roster room to do a 3 for 2 so I'd have to drop Jacob de la Rose or drop someone else.

Thoughts?
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Need help with this one!

Quote Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
    I've been offered 2nd overall pick in NHL draft this Friday*, Joe Morrow and Jacob de la Rose for my Gardiner and Domi.

*I have not discretion - whoever is actually selected in the real NHL entry draft in the 2nd position would be the guy I get.

League in my sig. We have no farm system and as we need to start 20 of 26 total roster players, we can only afford to carry a few prospects so generally only very good prospects are taken. It's a salary pool and this would shed me a bit of salary (our cap is based on NHL salary rather than cap hit, and bonuses don't count - so whoever goes 2nd overall would have a salary of $0.925 million for 3 years, etc). I don't currently have roster room to do a 3 for 2 so I'd have to drop Jacob de la Rose or drop someone else.

Thoughts?
    Well thats certainly an interesting way to do your draft.

I think I would pass here and I will break it down as to why.

We have no farm system and as we need to start 20 of 26 total roster players, we can only afford to carry a few prospects so generally only very good prospects are taken. - I dont see De La Rose or Morrow being fantasy relevant next year, or quite possibly the year after that either. The 2nd overall MAY be relevant but its hard to say. I believe Buffalo is taking one of the centers, even if Ekblad doesn't go 1st overall. Gardiner is already producing and Domi isn't far off. This is the first reason I dont like this deal for you.

It's a salary pool and this would shed me a bit of salary (our cap is based on NHL salary rather than cap hit, and bonuses don't count - so whoever goes 2nd overall would have a salary of $0.925 million for 3 years, etc). - This is the only thing that would make me consider it, but I think I would still rather carry the salary.

I don't currently have roster room to do a 3 for 2 so I'd have to drop Jacob de la Rose or drop someone else. - This is the next reason I don't do this deal. This fact alone is enough to make me say no thanks.

All in all, I don't see this as a win for you at all, even if you are getting the 2nd overall pick. Domi alone is probably worth that himself.

It sounds like he is simply trying to free up a roster space himself. If that is his game plan, I would want a better option then De La Rose or Morrow in order for me to make this deal (and then drop the other).

I'm passing on this offer.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Much appreciated, great insight, break down etc. Out of curiosity, do you think I should counter with removing everyone except my Domi for the second overall?

Also, how do I go about giving you rep? It's been a while since I was really active on this site and I can't seem to figure it out!
    pool points:
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev

Dobber Sports Deity

Much appreciated, great insight, break down etc. Out of curiosity, do you think I should counter with removing everyone except my Domi for the second overall?

Also, how do I go about giving you rep? It's been a while since I was really active on this site and I can't seem to figure it out!
    Honestly, I'd rather own Domi.

As far as rep goes, just click on the sheriff star looking thing at the bottom left under the posts. thats the new rep system.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks Axeman. I tried giving you rep but it says I have to spread the love before I can give rep to you again (so you must have helped me at some point in the past).
    pool points:
    extra points for PPP

Dobber Sports Stud

Frack, I meant to say what about Gardiner for the 2nd overall as a counter?
    pool points:
    extra points for PPP

Dobber Sports Stud

Frack, I meant to say what about Gardiner for the 2nd overall as a counter?
    . Would appreciate any views on my Gardiner for 2nd overall.
    pool points:
    extra points for PPP

Dobber Sports Icon

I would rather have Gardiner than the 2nd overall pick in this year's draft. I really don't think any of the players at the top of this year's draft will ever hit 70 points consistently. That's the equivalent of about 50 points for a "goal scoring" dman based on your scoring system. I would keep the young dman who is already playing over 21 minutes per game than take a chance on a draft pick who has a 50/50 chance of not even being in the NHL next season.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I wouldn't hesitate to do this. Cheers.

Dobber Sports Deity

Hmm, Gardiner would be something I would be a little more tempted to do. He is about to sign a new contract and this may save you some money.