Thread: Q-Draft Complete

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Q-Draft Complete

With the QMJHL draft complete, was wondering if anyone has gotten any extensive viewings and/or info on the top-end guys. With the only coverage being in French I had trouble getting much analysis from the picks. Any of these guys appear to be of future fantasy impact? I know I know, long ways down the road but it's still fun to discuss:

-Luke Green going #1 seemed like a bit of a surprise, what kind of player does he project to be?

-From what I had heard Laberge was the favourite to hear his name called first. Gatineau clearly was a fan as they traded up in order to get him.

-A couple of Maritime guys Balmas (#7 overall, Charottetown) and Getson (#48 overall, Charottetown) had a lot of buzz surrounding them heading into their draft year. Any thoughts on them?

Really was not famiiar with many of the Quebec born payers or American born players so would love to hear any thoughts on those guys as well (seeing that is the heavy majority of the draft).

Thanks!
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Q-Draft Complete

Luke Green was projected to go near the top every where I read. Why was that a surprise to you?

Of course I was reading Moose type threads too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Oh I knew he was rated high, just from my minimal research (CSR rankings, hearsay) I had the impression that Laberge was expected to go #1. Was nice to see a NS guy up there for sure.

Have you been able to see him play at all this year?
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

No, I dont follow Midget hockey much.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw20 View Post
    Oh I knew he was rated high, just from my minimal research (CSR rankings, hearsay) I had the impression that Laberge was expected to go #1. Was nice to see a NS guy up there for sure.

Have you been able to see him play at all this year?
    I've had quite a few viewings on midget guys, this year in Nova Scotia. Luke Green wasn't a surprise going #1, kid is a fantastic skater, has good size for his age and his offensive instincts are off the charts. Balmas at times you wanted to see him dominate a little more, or give a little more effort but his team also went 5-26-3 and also was in on 52% of his teams goals despite missing 5 games for the U-17. In my opinion the Islanders got a steal, and Balmas had a bit of a rough go in regards to people picking apart his game on a crappy team. Getson didn't have the greatest season and didn't dominate the way many probably expected him too, he played a very strong two way game though and was dominant in playoffs. Great value pick at 48.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Banned

Yknow they should the name of this league. EHL would be more fitting.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Yknow they should the name of this league. EHL would be more fitting.
    Agreed... But this is Quebec we're talking of, I think there are too many who'll see it as a slight towards their heritage from the big bad "rest of Canada". Of course this would open up the whole "Squeaky whell gets the oil" discussion and that's not at all my intention, just saying that it seems to me (as someone who lives here in Quebec) that it might become a sensitive issue, even though I personnally feel it shouldn't.
    On a fantasy hockey break.