Default Re: World Cup 2014 Predictions

Final Predictions:
    Germany 2
    Argentina 1

Rematch of 1986 and 1990!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    You honestly don't have a single clue about soccer do you?

The Dutch didn't play boring because they played boring. They couldn't get anything created because Argentina's defense was solid as a rock. And that's the same reason Argentina didn't create anything because Dutch defense stood tall.

Both teams tried hard, and both defenses didn't give anything away.

Ultimately we all saw penalty kicks coming at intermission, because that's just the way that game went.

Unfortunately we lost it, and it definitely hurts. But the boys did everything they could.

Most people didn't have Holland make it out of group B, so they can definitely be proud of themselves.

Now hopefully Argentina will win, cause I will never ever in my life cheer for the Germans
    No dude, they played a boring style. They played not to lose.

How's that pyramid scheme working out for you?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Final Predictions:
    Germany 2
    Argentina 1

Rematch of 1986 and 1990!
    I wish that wasn't true! Go Argentina! 1-0 Argentina is my prediction

And I think in '86 and '90 it was West Germany, but pretty much the same thing.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    They played not to lose.
    Ev, time to change that avatar of yours. But yeah, even John Herdman commented on the post-game show, that the Dutch played a defensive game and played not to lose. He thought they had an extra gear, but didn't show it.

Germany should take the WC. They are sound at every position. 3-0 is my prediction. The Dutch will beat Brazil in the 3rd place match.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    No dude, they played a boring style. They played not to lose.

How's that pyramid scheme working out for you?
    You might want to educate yourself before you making silly comments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Ev, time to change that avatar of yours. But yeah, even John Herdman commented on the post-game show, that the Dutch played a defensive game and played not to lose. He thought they had an extra gear, but didn't show it.

Germany should take the WC. They are sound at every position. 3-0 is my prediction. The Dutch will beat Brazil in the 3rd place match.
    Brazil and Holland both have said they don't even wanna play that 3d match game.

so that's gonna be a boring game I'm afraid

The Great One

Does anyone remember the 3rd place game. I probably won't even watch it. I couldn't tell you who won last world cup third place game.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    The Dutch will beat Brazil in the 3rd place match.
    There's a third place game? They should play all the back ups and each team has to select their goaltender from the crowd. That would spice things up to 1 on a scale of 10.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Third place game is like a Shame Game.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

van gaal said it best:

who cares about 3rd place match, ask the US how they felt playing against Finland after they lost to Canada. no one gives a shit.

Banned

ya the 3d match game is stpid. Pure and only profit for FIFA, because some people pay money to watch it.

Kind of like Games 1-42 in regular season + 2,3,4,5,6 & 7 in a Stanley cup playoff lol

they're all useless games (and for playoffs I mean, I prefer the 1 game eliminations )

Banned

In my work pool we get 75 points for predicting third place winner, 100 for final. It's important to some

Dobber Sports Prodigy

12 July 2014 - 4:00 PM
    Third place
    Estádio Nacional de Brasilia,
    Brasília

Brazil vs Netherlands

Even the most ardent fan of brazil knew that it would be difficult to beat germany without neymar and thiago silva playing for the host nation. however it was much worse than that any brazil fan might have expected.germany scored even times against brazil, conceding only one goal which came in the dying minutes of the semi-final. the brazilian players looked nervous they were probably playing for their trauma to end with the halftime whistle. it was the worst world cup defeat for the south american nation. for that matter it was the worst defeat for any team in world cup semi finals. that match against netherlands should be brazil's chance to restore self-esteem. even though it is unfair to judge a team by one match it will take decades for brazil to heal the wound.

The dutch team was one of the favourites to win the title this year. It started the tournament with an emphatic 5-1 win against world champion Spain. The start was enough to prove that the team came with a purpose. The Netherlands showed great capability to win matches against all odds. It also displayed a tremendous flair to score goals. It scored 9 goals in its first 3 matches and stormed to the knock-out stages. howeveras the tournament progressed, the Dutch found it difficult to score. even after 120 minutes of dominance against Costa Rica, Arjen Robben's team was unable to score even once. the match had to be settled in penalty shoot-out which the netherlands won eventually. however the dutch were not lucky twice as it lost against argentina in the semi finals and it was again up to the tie breaker.This time it was Argentina's goal-keeper Sergio Romero who saved a couple to beat the Dutch and end their hopes to win the World Cup.

My bet is for netherlands they can beat brazil for third place with a score of 1-3.

1x2
    Pick: Netherlands
    Odds: 3.30
    Stake: 9/10

First Half 1x2
    Pick: Netherlands 1-1 1sthalf
    Odds: 4.00

Asian handicap
    Pick: 0.00 Netherlands
    Odds: 2.47

First half Asian handicap
    Pick: 0.00 Netherlands
    Odds: 2.35
    13 July 2014 - 3:00 PM
    FINALS
    Estádio Maracană,
    Rio de Janeiro

Germany vs Argentina

Even though Argentina has traditionally been criticised for its weak defence, it has shown effectiveness in its defence in this tournament. Javier Mascherano has played a major role both as a central defender and defensive midfielder. Romero's performance in the semis will boost the team-morale tremendously. Argentina conceded only 4 goals in 6 matches with 4 clean sheets. That is impressive by any standard. Argentina won against the Netherlands in the semi-finals. When neither of the teams could score even once after 120 minutes of play, the match was decided in penalty shoot-out. Sergio Romero, the Argentine goal-keeper whom nobody probably had high hopes for, turned out to be the hero of the match as he saved 2 out of 4 penalty shots taken by the Dutch.

Germany is probably the most complete team in this tournament. It has such an attacking capacity that it can devastate any team on a given day. Thomas Müller, Miroslav Klose and Bastian Schweinsteiger are just a few names in its never-ending list of talents. Its captain Philipp Lahm leads the team with a no-nonsense strategy.Manuel Neuer is arguably the best goal-keeper in the world right now. Joachim Löw's team is good as it gets. What Germany didto Brazil was "murder" by sporting standards. The five-time world champions were defeated 1-7 in the semi-finals of the 2014 FIFA World Cup. The hosts suffered the worst defeat in its world cup history, and Germany went to a world cup final for the eighth time.

My bet is for germany they can beat argentina with a final score of 2-1 and will be the champion this world cup 2014.

1x2
    Pick: Germany
    Odds: 2.28
    Stake: 10/10

First Half 1x2
    Pick: Germany 1-0 1sthalf
    Odds: 3.05

Asian handicap
    Pick: -0.50 Germany
    Odds: 2.31

First half Asian handicap
    Pick: -0.25 Germany
    Odds: 2.38

Good morning everyone here are the last two matches of world cup 2014, for more updates visit FifaWorldCupFinals

Thanks everyone )

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Deutschland!

Banned

Booo Germany and all its silly bandwagon jumpers.

Neuer should have gotten red, and game would have been different. Too bad Holland wasn't playing Germany, cause the way they played I would have liked our chances.

Too bad Argentina couldn't do it.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Booo Germany and all its silly bandwagon jumpers.

Neuer should have gotten red, and game would have been different. Too bad Holland wasn't playing Germany, cause the way they played I would have liked our chances.

Too bad Argentina couldn't do it.
    Pfft... that was never a red card.

I'm glad Holland wasn't playing... way more fun watching Messi dance past challenges and try and score than it is watching Robben throw himself on the ground crying.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril