Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2014 Predictions

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default World Cup 2014 Predictions

Brazil vs Croatia
    I bet for brazil, brazil have 4 key players to watch. and i think Neymar can handle brazil and go to the finals and he is the top weapon of brazil so far.

Mexico vs Cameroon
    at the moment mexico has an official FIFA ranking of 20 and Cameroon is 51 is world ranking. i bet for mexico.

Spain vs Netherlands
    Spain and Netherlands played in final last 2010 world cup and spain won by 1-0, a goal from Andres Iniesta in extratime. and spain is currently rank 1 and netherlands is 9 in FIFA ranking. i bet for Spain.

Chile vs Australia
    I bet for Chile, Chile have a mix players comes from south american and european leagues. Even Arturo Vidal is on surgery. i think they can beat Australia.

Columbia vs Greece
    I think its a tie. i cant even pick cause these two teams have a great players.

My predictions is based on the results of previous matches, pls feel free to predict your own team here have a nice day eveyone

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: World Cup 2014 Predictions

Uruguay vs Costa Rica
    Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is still in pain. even Luis can't play i still bet on Uruguay. i think they have more advantage on Costa Rica when it comes on teamplay.

Italy vs England
    Mario Balotelli is one of the most temperamental players in the game. and italy went undefeated in world cup qualification. i bet for Italy

Cote d Ivoire vs Japan
    Japan won the Asian Cup and Asian World Cup. Makoto Hasebe captain of Japan has major knee issues but japan team players have tactical play, they can frustrate teams and they beat Belgium, who is WC dark horse in a friendly match last year. I bet for Japan

Switzerland vs Ecuador
    Switzerland is a very talented team and tough to beat. Switzerland have a great player like Shaqiri and have a huge strenght in the goalkeepin department with Diego Benaglio and Yann Sommer. I bet for Switzerland

France vs Honduras
    At this moment France has an official FIFA ranking of 19, and Honduras is 41 in world ranking. France still has a talented squad behind Franck Karim Patrice and the others. Obviously France have a far superior pool of talent but you cant deny how strong the Honduras team is. But ill go for France, ill bet for France

All my prediction is based on their last five matches, history etc. Feel free to predict your team you can read my previous matches on my other thread so you can have any idea on what happen on your team. goodnight everyone

I...am your father.

Thanks for injecting some soccer content into the forum - I know we have soccer fans here, hopefully they see your posts. Myself, I don't know Jack nor Squat about what's what in the soccer world
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

I predict a lot of ties.
    At least one dive a game.
    And a load of bad acting.

In the end I think one of the larger more physical European teams will win out. Obviously Spain is going to be tough, but I always enjoy the German and Netherlands game.

I really hope we see a smaller nation go on a crazy run, like Cameroon in 1994 (I think), when they had to face Brazil, to get to the finals.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post
    I predict a lot of ties.
    At least one dive a game.
    And a load of bad acting.

In the end I think one of the larger more physical European teams will win out. Obviously Spain is going to be tough, but I always enjoy the German and Netherlands game.

I really hope we see a smaller nation go on a crazy run, like Cameroon in 1994 (I think), when they had to face Brazil, to get to the finals.
    Haha, yeah that's what I was thinking as well. The only guarantees in this sport are corruption and 1-0 games that are decided by a shootout. I love playing it though and it's so popular because it's accessible and cheap, so for the billions of people who love the sport this is a wonderful time for them.

I know nothing about the teams themselves, so I'll guess Brazil beats Argentina in the end.

Banned

Balotelli's time to shine

Dobber Sports Master

My prediction: I will throw something heavy and dangerous while watching England play...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    My prediction: I will throw something heavy and dangerous while watching England play...
    Balotelli will score at least three on you guys. Gonna be a gongshow!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Good evening guys here are my predictions on last bracket of FIFA world cup

Germany vs Portugal
    This is a heavy weight clash. this is the hardest part of pick cause two great players are unstoppable when it comes at scoring. Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo and Germany Main man Mesut Ozil. But i will bet on Germany, if they stop Cristiano Ronaldo i think Germany can win.

Nigeria vs Iran
    I bet for Nigeria.Nigeria have numerous goal scorers plus Newcastle United's Shola Ameobi who has recently joined the Nigeria Squad.

Ghana vs USA
    USA is a tough team to beat. Ghana has one player over the age of 30 the star player Michael Essien plus they set coach Kwesi Appiah to target the finals. Ghana look stronger team for me so ill bet for Ghana.

Belgium vs Algeria
    A bless team like Belgium feels more complete. they have a top goal keeper Thibaut Courtois a dynamic midfield Marouane Fellaini, Axel Witsel and Mousa Dembele. so i think they can beat Algeria that's why my bey is on Belgium.

Russia vs Korea Republic
    Fabio Capello and Andrey Arshavin improved themselves. these players will take the Russia team to the finals. and their attack is movement-based and can be handfull. ill go for Russia.

All my bet teams is only my personal opinion. and i based all my bets on their last matches, history, etc. you can post your own team here so i can also have other idea. sbobet.com

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Thanks for injecting some soccer content into the forum - I know we have soccer fans here, hopefully they see your posts. Myself, I don't know Jack nor Squat about what's what in the soccer world
    Thanks too sir. and i think they see my post finally

Banned

Hopefully the Orange Army does well, but by the looks of our squad, I think we would be lucky to make the quarter finals... Anything can happen though which is why it is awesome. None of this best of 7 bullshit crap. lol

Big Ev, please tell me youre not cheering for those greaseball Italians. Yuck! Balotelli is a piece of shit, I hate him. Hopefully Uruguay and England make it out of that group!

Once Holland is eliminated, I am gonna be jumping on the underdogs bandwagon.

Teams I hate in soccer are Italy, France, Germany mostly.
    So I'll cheer for anyone who is playing those guys.

I have a feeling that Brazil is gonna be hard to beat at home though. I'd love to see otherwise

Banned

I am a greaseball Italian you damn Cheesehead

Banned

no wonder we clash so much

I hope Italy, France & Germany get bounced real fast

Banned

Attached Images Attached Images

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm going to say Argentina only because my co-worker told me to say that.

I dont have a clue about soccer nor do I follow/ watch it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."