Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: emery officially bought out

Dobber Sports Giant

Default emery officially bought out

Crazynuck wrote:
    Yeah I would stay away from Emery if I was a GM but you know there is always at least one stupid Gm that will take a chance on him
    Oh sure, I\'m really glad the Blues decided to go with Mason instead of him. Davidson is working hard to build a pretty good team and this would have been a bad move IMO.

Banned

lanky522 wrote:
    Crazynuck wrote:
    Yeah I would stay away from Emery if I was a GM but you know there is always at least one stupid Gm that will take a chance on him
    Kevin Lowe anyone?

:blink:
    didn\'t he used to be in your \'hate\' sig? what gives, did he get demoted?

Dobber Sports Icon

mister_mcgoo wrote:
    lanky522 wrote:
    Crazynuck wrote:
    Kevin Lowe anyone?

:blink:
    didn\'t he used to be in your \'hate\' sig? what gives, did he get demoted?
    Oh... When I added Gary the fairy, he might\'ve gotten cut... dobber hasn\'t set the system up to give me enough room for all the guys I hate... lol :blush:

Let me see if I can shove him back in there...

I may actually take osgood off the list at some point, because I don\'t hate him per say... I just think he\'s over-rated, and dives like a columbian soccer player.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Ace

I\'m unfortunately stuck with him... I have to decide whether to drop him before Sept 1st drop date. Any opinions on whether he will end up somewhere, all ribbing and dislike aside? I have Gerber as well, so I\'m not totally sunk, but it would allow me to either have an extra protection slot or in the case he goes somewhere, either move him or keep him.
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

Dobber Sports Ninja

ccsitdown wrote:
    I\'m unfortunately stuck with him... I have to decide whether to drop him before Sept 1st drop date. Any opinions on whether he will end up somewhere, all ribbing and dislike aside? I have Gerber as well, so I\'m not totally sunk, but it would allow me to either have an extra protection slot or in the case he goes somewhere, either move him or keep him.
    My condolences. Gerber will likely be an okay option for next year, I really don\'t see the Sens bringing in another goalie. Maybe they get involved in a bidding war for Ryan Miller when he becomes UFA after next season.

Back to Emery. He has alot to prove and may have to go to the AHL to do it. I still think he will get a shot at some point, maybe even next year. I just don\'t know what team will take the shot right now.

I\'d say he fits the Philly combative player mold, but I don\'t see them replacing Niittymaki who is only making $1.225M this year.

Maybe sign him to a minor league contract and if he proves himself, he would have a shot at the back up job the following year?

Personally, I\'d dump him from my fantasy roster if pushed.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks for the opinion, Commish.

Too bad, waste of a talented guy. Who would have seen this coming at this time a year ago? I certainly didn\'t. At least next year I wouldn\'t have problems deciding which to start each week; last year they were messin\' with me. One would start rolling leading up to Saturday (the night we submit our weekly rosters), and then presto chango they would switch to the other one for Monday and leave me in the lurch. Oh well, at least I\'ll likely find out his status in plenty of time to drop him if that is the case.
    20-Team Keeper League
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The Comish wrote:
    My condolences. Gerber will likely be an okay option for next year, I really don\'t see the Sens bringing in another goalie. Maybe they get involved in a bidding war for Ryan Miller when he becomes UFA after next season.
    That would be the smart choice -- though teams like to fill out their cap when possible (see: Jason Blake in Toronto).