Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mats Sundin taboo

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Mats Sundin taboo

This post reminds me of \"the Sweater\" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJlilwLlBhg

Except reversed, and gave me itchy skin.

If Mtl uses their exclusive rights to sign Sundin, it will be a glorious day indeed.

FYI - 88 very rare good luck. Others might see it as double infinity.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    18 team H2H Points only keeper league. 6FW 4D 1G

Kopitar, Kane, Backstrom, Giroux, Berglund, Elias, Steen, J Jokinen
    Byfuglien, OEL, Yandle,
    Rinne

Dobber Sports Pro

Ahh, I love a late night rant...

Thanks all for the Karma and replies. I am not bitter. I do not blame Mats for the situation, I definitely hold MLSE responsible for wasting a talent of his caliber for so many years. But the Leafs will always be blood, which means an eternal love (in spite of all else) relationship.
    This is classic MLSE, where they manipulate a situation so much that it can not possibly work out. I mean if they walk away with a second round pick or a prospect, that would have to be considered a win at this point. Compare that to the deals other teams have gotten for lesser players and well...
    I apologize to all those offended by the \"mean and ugly sister\" comment, but come on, it was written from a leaf fan perspective. Montreal can be the \"hot, leggy, (slutty), aerobics instructor\" if it makes you all feel better.
    With regards to the divorce, I see \"Irreconcilable differences\" all over this one. Don\'t go away mad, just go away.
    I guess my problem is one of Morality. It reminds me of the guy that kills his parents and then pleads for sympathy because he is an orphan. You see I would not date my best friends ex, I would not date my ex\'s sister or worst enemy. There are certain lines that should not be crossed and certain actions that are unacceptable even if she is a \"hot, leggy, (slutty), double jointed (for emphasis), aerobics instructor\".

Dobber Sports Ninja

In all honesty, the Leafs/Canadiens rivalry has to be considered second rate. How long has it been since they\'ve had a real hate on for each other? 20-30 years? It\'s a historical hatred, not likely something the players feel towards the respective franchises.

If Doug Risebrough can come in and be a part of the Edmonton Oilers organization after all the battles he went through as a Flame, then Sundin can go to Montreal with a clean conscience.

Don\'t hate Mats if he chooses to sign with Montreal - he was a loyal soldier who always went above and beyond for the team.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Banned

The Comish wrote:
    In all honesty, the Leafs/Canadiens rivalry has to be considered second rate. How long has it been since they\'ve had a real hate on for each other? 20-30 years? It\'s a historical hatred, not likely something the players feel towards the respective franchises.

If Doug Risebrough can come in and be a part of the Edmonton Oilers organization after all the battles he went through as a Flame, then Sundin can go to Montreal with a clean conscience.

Don\'t hate Mats if he chooses to sign with Montreal - he was a loyal soldier who always went above and beyond for the team.
    second rate to non-Habs/Leafs fans I\'ll give you that, but I like nothing more than watching my Habs beat the Leafs on a Saturday night while Bob Cole fumbles for excuses why...heehee...and Nucks, the reson its been 20-30 years since its been a first rate rivalry is because the Leafs have been second rate for at least that long -lol

Dobber Sports Master

i\'m biased but ever since the schedule has been changed for more divisional games to create rivalries the northwest division has been the most entertaining to watch. Espcially if you like to see fights
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Banned

Crazynuck wrote:
    i\'m biased but ever since the schedule has been changed for more divisional games to create rivalries the northwest division has been the most entertaining to watch. Espcially if you like to see fights
    yeah I have to agree with you there, that division is always so tight that it makes for some great rivalries, I\'d have to say hands down that that\'s some of my favorite hockey is watching the final few weeks of the season in that division

btw, i replied to your email, did you get it or did it get gobbled as spam?

Dobber Sports Expert

The Comish wrote:
    the building goes even more isane than it normally is when the teams play each other dude, and tickets are impossible to get in Montreal. They sell for a ridiculous amount of money.

Dobber Sports Pro

The rivalry on the ice might be second rate, but not with the fans.
    It is easy for non-leaf/hab fans to comment, but whenever they meet it is a \"big\" game. I have buddies who are Habs fans and there is no better time than when they are playing.

Today\'s sports are trying to kill rivalries because it is a business and players are just mercenaries that go for the $$$. Tor-Mtl transcends that trend.

To us there will always be a rivalry, no matter what the ranking, the time, the place. Just pure competition and pride.

Mats should understand this. Ask him if he would ever go play for Finland if he became a citizen. Forget the rules that prevent it, just the concept is wrong.

and Comish... the Edm-Cal hate on has been great and I have experienced it first hand, but talk to me after generations of battles. The Leafs Habs rivalry was many decades old when Edm-Cal were just a glimmer in the NHLs eye.

Dobber Sports Expert

In all honesty, the Leafs/Canadiens rivalry has to be considered second rate. How long has it been since they\'ve had a real hate on for each other? 20-30 years?
    I guess one can only \"hate\" a fellow contender or a better team. As a Habs fan, I can honestly say that I do not \"hate\" the Leafs\" so much as I feel sorry for them. Although, i fully understand how a Leafs fan can hate the Habs.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Banned

the battle of Quebec used to be a great rivalry too, would love to see that one rekindled

Dobber Sports Pro

So you can\'t hate anyone that isn\'t better than you? You don\'t feel a little more satisfaction beating the leafs? You have to love wearing a leaf jersey to a game in Montreal or vis versa.
    Have you never played sports? Was there never a rival or a team that you needed to beat and got a little hate on for? Regardless of ranking, just because?

I guess one can only \"hate\" a fellow contender or a better team. As a Habs fan, I can honestly say that I do not \"hate\" the Leafs\" so much as I feel sorry for them. Although, i fully understand how a Leafs fan can hate the Habs.
    Ahhhh.. Seeds... in one reply, you quickly explain why the leafs should hate the habs and why leaf fans generally hate habs fans. You would get along great with some of my friends.
    Besides, it is that indifference and attitude that we just love to hate.

Banned

Chuk wrote:
    So you can\'t hate anyone that isn\'t better than you? You don\'t feel a little more satisfaction beating the leafs? You have to love wearing a leaf jersey to a game in Montreal or vis versa.
    Have you never played sports? Was there never a rival or a team that you needed to beat and got a little hate on for? Regardless of ranking, just because?

Ahhhh.. Seeds... in one reply, you quickly explain why the leafs should hate the habs and why leaf fans generally hate habs fans. You would get along great with some of my friends.
    please, rest assured he doesn\'t speak for most of us...I love to rip on Leafs fans but that\'s as far as it goes. With any great rivalry there\'s a certain level of mutual respect, not for your opponent\'s team per se (you hate the opposing team-lol), but respect for the opposing fans who are just as hardcore as you are...its like a begrudging respect I guess

Dobber Sports Expert

Glad to help!

Actually, as a Montrealer, I do HATE the Leafs! Can\'t stand them! COuld not stand them, even when I lived in Toronto.

And all of my Toronto buddies (and I am in a pool full of them - not the one in my sig) feel the same way about the Habs.

I would LOVE to see Sundin in the red, white and blue! Don\'t worry, you still have Ponikarovski!

Isn\'t it funny, though, how no one minds the Senators?
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov

Dobber Sports Expert

please, rest assured he doesn\'t speak for most of us...I love to rip on Leafs fans but that\'s as far as it goes. With any great rivalry there\'s a certain level of mutual respect, not for your opponent\'s team per se (you hate the opposing team-lol), but respect for the opposing fans who are just as hardcore as you are...its like a begrudging respect I guess
    I do not remember ever disrespecting a fan who is just as hardcore as I am.

In fact, I don\'t really understand the distinction you try to make. First, you state that you \"love to rip on Leaf fans\" and then you say that it\'s the Leafs you hate, but that you respect the fans??? I am confused.

By the way, it\'s Mr. \"Magoo\" You should change it, because you don\'t want to look like an idiot everytime you post.
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

My my... how the mood in this thread just took a plunge...
    GO WINGS!