Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Filatov vs Radulov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Filatov vs Radulov

soupsandwich wrote:
    zheredev\'s career yr (if you want to call it that) has more to do with his maturation process then the fact that hitch is the coach. at this pt we should be seeing gains from him for the next couple of seasons.
    and that maturation process came from playing under a coach who demands consistent play at both ends of the ice.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

jeff88_5 wrote:
    Before I start, I want you to know that I\'m a big fan of Filatov, but I think that for now, it\'s an insult to compare him to Radulov. He\'s built like a 12 years old girl. Sure I also think his celling is higher, but Radulov has scored 58 points this year on the 3rd line. I see them racking up about the same amount of points. Filatov is more flashy, but I like Radu\'s playing style a lot.

Would you rather have Ovechkin or Semin? ok it\'s not that good of a comparaison, but I think Filatov could be a better version of Semin, or a least a more consistent one, while Radulov is physical and has that Ovechkin attitude (having fun each night and working is ass off as well). I\'d take Ovy B)
    uh? Was Crosby as a 17 year old better at the time than Joe Thornton? Probably not. This thread isn\'t a comparison of who is better now, as there is a pretty significant age gap between the two of them. This is to compare who will be the better player.

And comparing Radulov to Ovechkin in terms of physicality is absurd. He is a big guy and hits sometimes, but Ovechkin looks to destroy people every game. And yea, I\'d take Ovy too. But not Radulov. B)
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Master

lanky522 wrote:
    Crazynuck wrote:
    Now we are just playing around with the words exclusive instead of addressing the main issue. As of right now only Tor and Mtl can negotiate with Sundin. Things may change but for now lets keep it at that and not get into a language debate on the exact meaning of exclusive.

Back to topic. I would take Radulov who has a few years under his belt over Filatov who is just a prospect and I believe will need to get bigger to be a full time NHLer.
    Yeah ok... fair enough... it has gotten a bit off topic... but the exclusivity came about because Hockey Guy bashed on someone for suggesting that Sundin\'s rights might be traded to Columbus...

While unrealistic, it is by no means an a absolute that this WON\'T happen... I was merely stating that nothing is set in stone with this situation (toronto can still let others make offers to sundin if they want)...

Sorry for the hijack of the original topic... it just aggrevates me when people speak in absolutes when everyone who follows hockey knows that until something is CONFIRMED nothing is for certain.

EDIT:
    To post about the original topic... I don\'t know that either Radulov or Filatov have L.R.S. (lazy russian syndrome), but I will say that Radulov\'s assent has been slower than I assumed it would be. It\'s hard to say at this point how filatov progresses (before seeing where he fits in and how he breaks onto the nhl scene), but I must say that filatov is a guy who\'s willing to do everything to become a star in the NHL (and that\'s something that impresses me quite a bit).

He seems to have the drive and motivation (learning english and some french before he was even drafted, willing to stay and train with the team over the summer, sitting with his team brass for rounds 2-7 at the draft) to really do wonderful things. Assuming that all other things are equal (between radulov and filatov), I\'d take the guy that has that extra drive...

I think that I\'d take Filatov over radulov at this point for the LONG RUN... obviously I\'d favor radulov for the short term.
    I really like Filatov\'s drive. But until a player proves himself in the NHL I will take the proven player 95% of the time.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Padawan

I\'m a certified Radu-phile, in fact I try and spend two hours every day making up nicknames for him. Anyways when looking at Radulov now I think it\'s necessary to note the Trotz factor in his slow development. Trotz has been the equivalent of that moron who drives 25k/h in the middle of the street not allowing anyone to pass. I believe that with almost any other coach, or anyone with a brain A-Rad would be around an 80 point guy having been playing on the 1st line and all. I also think A-Rad has 135 point upside and as skilled as Filatov is I dont see that same potential in him. I am at a bit of a disadvantage here as I havent seen a lot of Filatov whereas at roughly the same stage in his development I fell in love with A-Rad watching him at the memorial cup.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Wow... how do you report a moderator to a moderator? :silly: Lanky you\'re really comin off as quite an ass, and spouting on things with sort of half correct information. The number of edits you need to come back and do also does nothing to strengthen my confidence in your posts...
    Anyways...

Really surprised to see so many leaning towards Filatov as having the higher ceiling. Not because I disagree but just because it\'s such a difficult comparison to look at two guys with 4 years of development between them.
    "I mean technically, I could say that every defender's upside is 80 points and never 'lose my house.'"
    - lanky 522

Dobber Sports Sophomore

angus wrote:
    soupsandwich wrote:
    zheredev\'s career yr (if you want to call it that) has more to do with his maturation process then the fact that hitch is the coach. at this pt we should be seeing gains from him for the next couple of seasons.
    and that maturation process came from playing under a coach who demands consistent play at both ends of the ice.
    nik had every bit as good of a sophmore yr as he had this season past. it is logical to expect his numbers to only get better from here on out. doesn\'t mean it will happen but it\'s logical.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The Myth wrote:
    angus wrote:
    soupsandwich wrote:
    nik had every bit as good of a sophmore yr as he had this season past. it is logical to expect his numbers to only get better from here on out. doesn\'t mean it will happen but it\'s logical.
    Plus his next season is his fourth, usually a breakout season for a lot of players.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

funny how the mighty have fallen. all last summer you couldn\'t find a poster on here who wasn\'t pumping a-rads tires. now a yr later people are jumping all over the new kid on the block but that is typical for these forums.

i don\'t think a-rad had that bad of a yr. 58 pts with a plus rating for a 21 yr old isn\'t to shabby. when the hype machine gets going tho it\'s tough to stop. although people were saying give him 2-3 yrs they really hoped and expected 80pt production this yr. since it didn\'t happen, it\'s time to move on to this yrs flavour of the summer. a-rad all the way. by the way who has actually seen filatov play more then what we saw in the WORLD JR\'S?

it wouldn\'t be fair for me to say much on filatov for i know only what i read and i prefer to base my opinions on what i see. having watched alex a ton this yr i can say with-out a doubt he has game breaking ability and he WILL be a star in the NHL. so i go with what i know/feel and leave the guessing game for the next guy.

Dobber Sports Master

soupsandwich wrote:
    funny how the mighty have fallen. all last summer you couldn\'t find a poster on here who wasn\'t pumping a-rads tires. now a yr later people are jumping all over the new kid on the block but that is typical for these forums.

i don\'t think a-rad had that bad of a yr. 58 pts with a plus rating for a 21 yr old isn\'t to shabby. when the hype machine gets going tho it\'s tough to stop. although people were saying give him 2-3 yrs they really hoped and expected 80pt production this yr. since it didn\'t happen, it\'s time to move on to this yrs flavour of the summer. a-rad all the way. by the way who has actually seen filatov play more then what we saw in the WORLD JR\'S?

it wouldn\'t be fair for me to say much on filatov for i know only what i read and i prefer to base my opinions on what i see. having watched alex a ton this yr i can say with-out a doubt he has game breaking ability and he WILL be a star in the NHL. so i go with what i know/feel and leave the guessing game for the next guy.
    well put soupsandwich.

Its just like Crosby\'s stock this summer. Rads lack of production is due to trotz. When he gives rads some PP time things will be different. Plus Filatov is in Clb. As long as Hitchcock is there Filatov\'s value will be bumped down a bit.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Banned

I\'m the last guy in the world that will normally support Rads, everytime he comes up I seem get caught in the middle of these arguments with owners who have eaten a few too many brownies and start spouting inanity like 100+ pts and the like. Personally i think hes a \'minor\' bust and will continue to be one for most of his career (in other words a serviceable 65-75 pt forward who may have a single career season of 80+).

But as many have noted, Rads is established in the NHL now, he is improving every year and Filatov is an unknown. We\'ve seen tons of flashy Russians come thru the NHL, they always look like the next Bure but sometimes they crash and burn. So personally while I think Filatov will be the better option in a few years, Rads is the safer choice for the present and near future.

Dobber Sports Master

wow 65-75 is pretty low for a guy who put up 58pts as a 21 year old. He will be a 80+ guy but I don\'t buy into the 100+ guy but he may prove me wrong.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree with you Crazy...

there has been lots of Radulov hating...now, I\'m not saying he is the 135 point player someone else mentioned, but 58 points in a 2nd year playing 2nd to 3rd line minutes, with very little powerplay time and no bonafide 2nd or 3rd line center to play with, isn\'t too shabby...if anything, I consider Radulov to have battled through a disappointing situation...

I don\'t know about Filatov, but 85-90 point upside is quite a lot, and I don\'t doubt his abilities...but I bet we don\'t see 58 points coming from Filatov in his 2nd year, even with a better situation in Columbus...

all to say, Filatov has a great attitude and world class skill, and he may be better than Radulov, but I\'ve had about enough of \"Radulov\" is a bust talk around here...he\'s in his 2nd year!

By the way, as I\'ve mentioned in another post, Radulov and Getzlaf have close to identical numbers over their first two seasons, and I don\'t hear anyone saying Getzlaf is a bust...on the contrary, most would agree that Getzlaf will be a perennial 80+ point scorer for years to come...

all to say, I can\'t really compare Radulov to Filatov, long term...but I do think that Radulov is a young player with incredible talent that is on track in his developmentto be an 80+ point player on a consistent basis...and yes, I do think that based on this development, 90-100 points is not out of the question...
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Master

pudge wrote:
    Wow... how do you report a moderator to a moderator? :silly: Lanky you\'re really comin off as quite an ass, and spouting on things with sort of half correct information. The number of edits you need to come back and do also does nothing to strengthen my confidence in your posts...
    Anyways...
    Yes, I agree. I\'ve seen moderator comments like this on other websites, but never at Dobber. A moderator should not be seen to be arguing publicly with other posters. Lanky, you must be having a really bad day, cause I have never seen you post like this as a moderator.

Dobber Sports Icon

pudge wrote:
    Heh... I like to instigate a little bit... but I\'m not sure that I stepped over the line (i have big feet, I\'m sure my heel is still on it... :blush: ). With that said, I do appologize if I come off a bit harsh... I\'m very passionate about hockey and my opinions.

Also, just for the record... I edit my posts for formatting and structure way more than I edit them for content. I meticulously pick apart my own posts searching for anything that doesn\'t flow well and/or is confusing... If I think of something after I post, I always put an \"edit\" tag by what I added for clarity... I\'m sorry if this comes off as unorganized or jumbled thinking.

That, in essence is perhaps the reason that I get so hot when people just post stuff that doesn\'t really make sense (to me). I hold people to the same standards that I hold myself too... Perhaps I need to control my O.C.D. a bit better.

Sorry if I offended anyone.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Icon

Atomic_Wedgy wrote:
    pudge wrote:
    Anyways...
    Yes, I agree. I\'ve seen moderator comments like this on other websites, but never at Dobber. A moderator should not be seen to be arguing publicly with other posters. Lanky, you must be having a really bad day, cause I have never seen you post like this as a moderator.
    Wow. Dagger in my heart AW... :unsure:

I\'m a moderator but I am human too... I haven\'t really had a bad day, I just get frustrated (more-so than anything else) when I feel as though I\'m not clearly getting my point accross.

Anyways... again, sorry if I upset anyone on a personal level... I try to always remember that we are all here for our all for the love of the sport, but sometimes my fingers type faster than they should.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW