Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Filatov vs Radulov

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Filatov vs Radulov

Hitch has been very good for Zherdev and I would expect the same for Filatov. As mentioned by \'soupsandwich\', a lot of Zherdev\'s career has been delayed by his young age, and culture change. He is getting it together and I hope that Columbus doesn\'t give up on him. I would love to see what Zherdev and Filatov could do together.

Dobber Sports Novice

lanky522 wrote:
    um... just for the record, teams can trade the rights of a player up until July 1st... which is what he was talking about.

Get your facts straight before you bash someone and take their karma.

+2 karma to gotlaid for dealing with this crap.

EDIT:
    Also, he was obviously kidding about the trade... everyone knows that teams don\'t trade their picks a week after they make them...

They spend months, years in some cases scouting these guys... No one is going to take a pick and then trade it. Filatov isn\'t for sale and neither is Schenn (and niether is Stamkos, Doughty, or anyone else...). Sorry that you couldn\'t see that GotLaid was just posting some wishfull thinking.
    And I said WILL be a UFA...which means future tense (July 1st is in the future BTW). And, no that is not what he was talking about because, if you knew what you were talking about, you (and he) should know the Montreal has EXCLUSIVE rights to Sundin.

-1 for you, when I reload. How do you know he wasn\'t serious, there was no joking tone in his email at all.
    Anyway, I am pretty sure GotLaid can fight his own battles though.

Dobber Sports Master

Schenn is exactly what the Leafs needed IMO and i\'m a Nucks fan. They have enough offensive D and a gy like Schenn paired with Toskala is a good start. The leafs have never had the best forwards but always seem to put in goals with what they have. They have finally realized that preventing goals will help them win games.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Crazynuck wrote:
    Schenn is exactly what the Leafs needed IMO and i\'m a Nucks fan. They have enough offensive D and a gy like Schenn paired with Toskala is a good start. The leafs have never had the best forwards but always seem to put in goals with what they have. They have finally realized that preventing goals will help them win games.
    Exactly. Filatov was the sexier pick for Toronto, but Schenn fills an actual need for them.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Icon

Hockey Guy wrote:
    lanky522 wrote:
    um... just for the record, teams can trade the rights of a player up until July 1st... which is what he was talking about.

Get your facts straight before you bash someone and take their karma.

+2 karma to gotlaid for dealing with this crap.

EDIT:
    Also, he was obviously kidding about the trade... everyone knows that teams don\'t trade their picks a week after they make them...

They spend months, years in some cases scouting these guys... No one is going to take a pick and then trade it. Filatov isn\'t for sale and neither is Schenn (and niether is Stamkos, Doughty, or anyone else...). Sorry that you couldn\'t see that GotLaid was just posting some wishfull thinking.
    And I said WILL be a UFA...which means future tense (July 1st is in the future BTW). And, no that is not what he was talking about because, if you knew what you were talking about, you (and he) should know the Montreal has EXCLUSIVE rights to Sundin.

-1 for you, when I reload. How do you know he wasn\'t serious, there was no joking tone in his email at all.
    Oh I\'m sorry... I neglected to realize that you are THE Hockey Guy... My appologies... if I had known that THE Hockey Guy; the prophet were in my midst, I never would have said such things. Forgive me oh future seer.

And... \"email?\" Seriously? Why do I even bother with these yokels?

Yes... I\'m sure that Ryan Ma (writer for dobberhockey - to educate your apparent ignorance) was serious when he suggested that Sundin, McCabe, and company would be moving to columbus. He writes columns for dobberhockey, and he\'s that foolish...

Please.

Sorry you didn\'t get that he wasn\'t being serious in his post. It was pretty apparent to me... B)

EDIT:
    BTW, I\'m not fighting any battles... I\'m just calling you out for an ignorant post. Sorry if you were confused. I\'ll post with smaller words next time. :laugh:
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

jeff88_5

Before I start, I want you to know that I\'m a big fan of Filatov, but I think that for now, it\'s an insult to compare him to Radulov. He\'s built like a 12 years old girl. Sure I also think his celling is higher, but Radulov has scored 58 points this year on the 3rd line. I see them racking up about the same amount of points. Filatov is more flashy, but I like Radu\'s playing style a lot.

Would you rather have Ovechkin or Semin? ok it\'s not that good of a comparaison, but I think Filatov could be a better version of Semin, or a least a more consistent one, while Radulov is physical and has that Ovechkin attitude (having fun each night and working is ass off as well). I\'d take Ovy B)

Dobber Sports Master

wow quite the battle going on.

From what I have heard doesn\'t Mtl have exclusive rights to talk to Sundin before July 1st. Am I missing something???
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Icon

Crazynuck wrote:

From what I have heard doesn\'t Mtl have exclusive rights to talk to Sundin before July 1st. Am I missing something???
    I think they are the only team that toronto has given the ability to negotiate with Sundin, but since nothing has been paid to toronto yet, I don\'t think that they have the \"exclusive\" right. I believe toronto can give as many teams the ability to negotiate with him as they want... but don\'t quote me on that.

I think the SJ sharks have given a number of teams the power to negotiate with Brian campbell in the same fashion... if one of them signs said player before July 1st, compensation is then awarded.

I think toronto can still \"allow\" other teams to negotiate with sundin...

Think about it this way... if sundin\'s rights were exclusively Montreal\'s (he\'d in effect be traded to montreal), then even the leafs couldn\'t negotiate with him (and I know for a fact that the leafs sent him an offer AFTER they let Montreal into the game)...

I don\'t know for sure though... does any one have a source or section of the CBA that says one way or another?
    Roster Limit(s):
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello

Dobber Sports Genius

Crazynuck wrote:

You are right Crazynuck, and just as the Hockey Guy stated before, MTL has exclusive rights, with Toronto still being able to do whatever they want as well.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Master

Thats what I thought. The leafs can still negotiate but Mtl is the only other team unless the leafs extent it to others which they haven\'t yet.

Thx for the clarification notch.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Novice

Hockey Guy wrote:

Seems pretty simple to me. I am glad I didn\'t have to repeat myself.
    Thanks Crazy and Notch.

Dobber Sports Icon

notch4077 wrote:
    Crazynuck wrote:

You are right Crazynuck, and just as the Hockey Guy stated before, MTL has exclusive rights, with Toronto still being able to do whatever they want as well.
    They don\'t really have \&quot;exclusive\&quot; rights then... If there are two teams that can currently negotiate with him, neither montreal or toronto have \&quot;exclusive\&quot; negotiating rights.

When Nashville traded the rights to Timmonen and Hartnell last offseason they gave Phili the exclusive right to negotiate with them (nashville could no longer speak to them or their agents)... this isn\'t the case with Sundin and Toronto as far as I can tell...

So while it seems that Montreal is currently the only team toronto has allowed access to sundin, more teams can be given access if Toronto desires (as far as I understand)... this is by no means \&quot;exclusive\&quot; in my opinion... it just means they have a bit of a head start (unless they sign him of course).

EDIT1:
    Anyone have any idea why Toronto brass would grant their heated rival and division opponent access to sundin before july 1st? Seems like a really stupid move... yeah lets encourage him to sign with our rival so that we have to play him 8 times a year...

EDIT2:
    ex·clu·sive adj
    shutting out all others from a part or share

Seems to me like this isn\'t an example of exclusivity.
    Roster Limit(s):

Dobber Sports Master

lanky522 wrote:
    notch4077 wrote:
    Crazynuck wrote:

They don\'t really have \&quot;exclusive\&quot; rights then... If there are two teams that can currently negotiate with him, neither montreal or toronto have \&quot;exclusive\&quot; negotiating rights.

When Nashville traded the rights to Timmonen and Hartnell last offseason they gave Phili the exclusive right to negotiate with them (nashville could no longer speak to them or their agents)... this isn\'t the case with Sundin and Toronto as far as I can tell...

So while it seems that Montreal is currently the only team toronto has allowed access to sundin, more teams can be given access if Toronto desires (as far as I understand)... this is by no means \&quot;exclusive\&quot; in my opinion... it just means they have a bit of a head start (unless they sign him of course).
    Now we are just playing around with the words exclusive instead of addressing the main issue. As of right now only Tor and Mtl can negotiate with Sundin. Things may change but for now lets keep it at that and not get into a language debate on the exact meaning of exclusive.

Back to topic. I would take Radulov who has a few years under his belt over Filatov who is just a prospect and I believe will need to get bigger to be a full time NHLer.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Master

Lanky I like this idea of 8 games between divisonal rivals. The leaf\'s only care about money. But I think Mtl was the giving them the best deal. $ (prospects) talks.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Icon

Crazynuck wrote:
    Now we are just playing around with the words exclusive instead of addressing the main issue. As of right now only Tor and Mtl can negotiate with Sundin. Things may change but for now lets keep it at that and not get into a language debate on the exact meaning of exclusive.

Back to topic. I would take Radulov who has a few years under his belt over Filatov who is just a prospect and I believe will need to get bigger to be a full time NHLer.
    Yeah ok... fair enough... it has gotten a bit off topic... but the exclusivity came about because Hockey Guy bashed on someone for suggesting that Sundin\'s rights might be traded to Columbus...

While unrealistic, it is by no means an a absolute that this WON\'T happen... I was merely stating that nothing is set in stone with this situation (toronto can still let others make offers to sundin if they want)...

Sorry for the hijack of the original topic... it just aggrevates me when people speak in absolutes when everyone who follows hockey knows that until something is CONFIRMED nothing is for certain.

EDIT:
    To post about the original topic... I don\'t know that either Radulov or Filatov have L.R.S. (lazy russian syndrome), but I will say that Radulov\'s assent has been slower than I assumed it would be. It\'s hard to say at this point how filatov progresses (before seeing where he fits in and how he breaks onto the nhl scene), but I must say that filatov is a guy who\'s willing to do everything to become a star in the NHL (and that\'s something that impresses me quite a bit).

He seems to have the drive and motivation (learning english and some french before he was even drafted, willing to stay and train with the team over the summer, sitting with his team brass for rounds 2-7 at the draft) to really do wonderful things. Assuming that all other things are equal (between radulov and filatov), I\'d take the guy that has that extra drive...

I think that I\'d take Filatov over radulov at this point for the LONG RUN... obviously I\'d favor radulov for the short term.
    Roster Limit(s):