Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Carey Price OUT for rest of series

Banned

Default Re: Carey Price OUT for rest of series

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Umm... I'm pretty sure Gryba was suspended. His hit was predatory, with no play for the puck and he got two games for a headshot.. So, not a simple hockey play. It was deemed illegal, so this post is senseless...

Also, I doubt knocking a team's franchise player out of the playoffs can be considered a "nothing play that nobody cares about". In fact, it is very much an important play that thousands, if not millions, care about. Just because you don't, doesn't mean others don't as well. Come on...

If you're just gonna join in threads to poke at Habs fans and not to discuss anything of substance, then I would suggest that to be trolling..
    The point was, Michel Therrien DID NOT CARE about the play the DAY it happened. Now all of a sudden Kreider is the bad guy because Price is hurt. Wtf is that?

Everyone with a brain knew the Gryba hit was a good hit. The only senseless thing was the suspension. Lars Eller has one guy to blame for the hit and one guy only.

This isn't poking fun. if you can't take criticism of your team then there's no point posting.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I would rather call on you to take a break to get some distance from the rich points you always try to make. I would say it is your act that is tired, if it's gonna be the act that you've displayed lately..
    I don't have an act. I'm not the one who derails threads by constantly insulting people. "Respect", yeah right.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Um excuse me? I expected better from you, a guy who I thought was a good poster. I make a valid post and buddy tells me to **** off? And you wanna talk about respect? As for the bolded, what are you talking about? Am I the one telling people to **** off?

Just because you don't like what I or other people post doesn't mean it isn't constructive. Just because I am criticizing the hypocrisy of the Habs and a lot of their fans doesn't mean I'm not posting like an "adult". The only person who needs to grow up is Mr. McGoo. Telling guys like me and Praba who are posting their thoughts, not insulting others, not trolling, to **** off is disrespectful.

There are dozens of people who agree with what I wrote. That is not trolling. That is not disrespect (gee, that word again).

So I have a lack of perspective for saying that Michel Therrien is a hypocrite when the facts are all laid out on the table? I have a lack of perspective for saying Kreider didn't do that intentionally (which he didn't and everyone pretty much agrees except Habs fans with their blinders on).

Absolutely ridiculous. It is pointless to discuss anything if you guys just take everything personally and get your feelings hurt. And I'm the one who should grow up? Wow.
    More whining from the Habs, whining about respect. It's all they ever do. Two straight years of a simple hockey play injuring a player (Eller last year), and they whine whine whine.
    I don't exactly see how this is a constructive post, but I do see you stating that all Habs fans ever do is whine. Right. That's all they do. So contesting the honesty of Kreider or his intentions on the play is whining.

Excuse yourself, Ev. Just because dozens may agree with you doesn't mean what you say is either correct or acceptable. I'm not gonna get into who calls who names and so on... But I do believe that the tone of your posts often takes on that of trying to make some kind of point by jabbing Habs fans. Dude, just discuss the play, don't worry about calling Habs fans names or poking at them or jabbing at them. Then you won't get so much backlash.

It's not about criticism. It's about tone and I think your tone is often confrontational. So that leads to emotional posts and all kinds of threads derailing from the issue.

Issue is: Habs MVP is toast, and the history/intent of player who took him out can be called into question. You can disagree, fine, but it isn't folly to suggest it.
    Last edited by agentzero; May 20, 2014 at 2:59 PM. Reason: typo
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

The point was, Michel Therrien DID NOT CARE about the play the DAY it happened. Now all of a sudden Kreider is the bad guy because Price is hurt. Wtf is that?

Everyone with a brain knew the Gryba hit was a good hit. The only senseless thing was the suspension. Lars Eller has one guy to blame for the hit and one guy only.

This isn't poking fun. if you can't take criticism of your team then there's no point posting.
    Well the NHL department of player safety disagreed and I'm pretty sure they know more about hockey than we do. So, play was deemed illegal. And it was. You can disagree, but all I am saying is the ruling is what it was. Illegal.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have an act. I'm not the one who derails threads by constantly insulting people. "Respect", yeah right.
    You take intentional jabs at fans' buttons with your tone. That's an "act", or "shtick".. or whatever.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

I prefer not to set the issue into two camps: he did it on purpose or he did not do it on purpose. I think at some point, intentional OR not, you make a point to Kreider and anybody else who feels like barreling down on your franchise goaltender. Get George Laroque out there! LOL
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Banned

You dropped that bar along time ago.
    along with what?

McGoo, when you learn how to engage in an adult disagreement - ala AZ and EV - w/out spewing venom all over the forums like some sadistic bukake film...then your posts won't be deleted.
    @SmittysRant

Super Moderator

Hey AZ,

I really don't think EV was trying to instigate anything here. I think he was just giving his opinion on something. I'm not saying you misread, and maybe I'm wrong, but I know myself, I've become EXTREMELY sensitive when people trash my Leafs so sometimes even the most innocent statement can send me off. I know these are stressful times, but let's have some fun here. You guys both bring something completely different and I don't want that messed up.

I know this will come off corny but I freakin' hate these pissing matches here. It's just freakin' hockey teams. As long as your healthy, your family is doing well, and all that stuff, who the F gives a crap about someone bad mouthing your hockey team. Life's short, be happy. Unless you're a Leaf fan, like me.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I feel bad for the Habs and their fans. I'm a huge Price fan and now that I finally got to see the play in question, I don't see anything even close to intentional on it. It's really too bad as I'd have liked to see where the team could go with him in the net.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I feel bad for the Habs and their fans. I'm a huge Price fan and now that I finally got to see the play in question, I don't see anything even close to intentional on it. It's really too bad as I'd have liked to see where the team could go with him in the net.
    I have to throw my hat in with this. It really looks like the contact from Emelin causes a little wobble in Krieder, who looks like he does everything he can to get a quality shot off with the unfotunate result of falling into Price. I would expect every other competitive hockey player to have done the same, and don't see any intention in it. Hard to the net, try to score, worry about getting out of the way after. That's how it was always taught to me growing up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    McGoo, when you learn how to engage in an adult disagreement - ala AZ and EV - w/out spewing venom all over the forums like some sadistic bukake film...then your posts won't be deleted.
    Man you're such a fantastic mod...deleting posts with no notice or PM as to why, changing posts for shits and giggles, you're a real pro Bomm

you're wasting our air, go play in traffic

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Hey AZ,

I really don't think EV was trying to instigate anything here. I think he was just giving his opinion on something. I'm not saying you misread, and maybe I'm wrong, but I know myself, I've become EXTREMELY sensitive when people trash my Leafs so sometimes even the most innocent statement can send me off. I know these are stressful times, but let's have some fun here. You guys both bring something completely different and I don't want that messed up.

I know this will come off corny but I freakin' hate these pissing matches here. It's just freakin' hockey teams. As long as your healthy, your family is doing well, and all that stuff, who the F gives a crap about someone bad mouthing your hockey team. Life's short, be happy. Unless you're a Leaf fan, like me.
    My man, I am never in the slightest that insulted by anything or anyone on here so don't worry. After all, I could not agree with you more about the fact that it's just hockey... And I don't give a crap about anyone bad mouthing the Habs or whatever, but Ev does make points with sharp or condescending tones, speaks in absolutes and did take a jab at Habs fans calling them whiners.. Again, I didn't take anything personally and was a bit surprised to see him "expect more of me" or something like that, truth is I expect far more from him, a long-time member with lots of fantasy knowledge who recently seems to be spewing feelings and tones or sour grapes at the Habs and their fans on these forums, one series to the next.. so I called him on it. That's all. No ill feelings from me.

The boards are awesome because so many opinions can be shared so quickly, discussions come aplenty, but name calling, or insults or generally annoying behaviour makes its way in here and there and the more mature usually take over to calm things down.. Not everyone can be friends with everyone on here and that's cool and it ain't all about that anyway, it's about hockey talk in a civil environment and it's why I come here. I don't mind getting called out or calling out to keep that civility around. I happen to take exception to Ev's recent string of posts but hey that's ok and it's just me. I don't think he was just putting in his opinion but did so while throwing in some jabs, no worse than what we all probably do with our buddies in the "real" world, as opposed to this virtual one. But the thing is everything on here is in writing and tone doesn't always translate, so with that comes the caution that sometimes what we write may be misconstrued... to resolve that you have to see a lot of someone's writing in order to know what tone they are trying to convey. Lately, I've found Ev's tone annoying but probably not everyone did. It's not up to me to get final call on these boards whether he's THAT annoying or not, but lately I've found him annoying and that's enough for me to say.

In any event, it is just hockey and yes I am a Habs fan whose hopes have been pretty dashed, but I feel it's pretty rich and pretty cheap to be a fan of another eliminated team and just go and harp on the teams that are still in it and their fans. That's no better than Lucic's empty threats to the team that eliminated him. It's a but childish and I don't particularly like it. There's a way to do it and there's fun, but to me this wasn't it and so, yeah, I guess that's what caused all of that above.

Anyway, way over it and always glad to have others join threads to throw some things into perspective.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    learn how to engage in an adult disagreement - ala AZ and EV -
    I guess Bomm you disagree with me lol because I was calling on Ev to be more of an adult lol. I found this pretty fun. lol.

Anyway whatever. Price is dead. Go Habs Go. We got an uphill climb but we gotta believe!
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Man you're such a fantastic mod...deleting posts with no notice or PM as to why, changing posts for shits and giggles, you're a real pro Bomm

you're wasting our air, go play in traffic
    Dear mister_mcgoo,

I'm so glad you agree that Bomm is a fantastic mod, because he truly is. After dealing with ignorant people who consistently tell mods that they are shit and others to simply **** off, do you really feel that a mod should give you a heads up or cut you some slack when they are dealing with your inflammatory posts? It's not like you are new at this or haven't been told time and again to please stop using profanity and personal insults. It's tiring dealing with garbage like that, so I totally get why Bomm felt the need to moderate as he saw fit. You've been told many times and still ignore, even flaunt your Teflon powers.

The word respect gets thrown around quite a bit in these parts; you might get more respect if you showed some instead of acting like a foul-mouthed ass-clown. I fully realize that this may result in my being taken off your Christmas card mailing list.

Respectfully,

The Comish
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Dear mister_mcgoo,

I'm so glad you agree that Bomm is a fantastic mod, because he truly is. After dealing with ignorant people who consistently tell mods that they are shit and others to simply **** off, do you really feel that a mod should give you a heads up or cut you some slack when they are dealing with your inflammatory posts? It's not like you are new at this or haven't been told time and again to please stop using profanity and personal insults. It's tiring dealing with garbage like that, so I totally get why Bomm felt the need to moderate as he saw fit. You've been told many times and still ignore, even flaunt your Teflon powers.

The word respect gets thrown around quite a bit in these parts; you might get more respect if you showed some instead of acting like a foul-mouthed ass-clown. I fully realize that this may result in my being taken off your Christmas card mailing list.

Respectfully,

The Comish
    Thank you. Glad I'm not the only one tired of reading McGoo's nonsense. There was a time years ago when I actually valued his opinion and enjoyed reading his posts, but those days are gone......I can't remember the last post I've seen McGoo make that wasn't written with the sole purpose of inciting a reaction, attacking other posters, or just being an ignorant, annoying ass. During these playoffs, McGoo has made this forum unbearable at times, spamming it with anger and nonsense. I'm glad that there are mods on this and starting to crack down because it is childish, silly, and to be quite honest, embarrassing.

Grow the hell up and enjoy the playoffs like a normal human being and hockey fan instead of spending your entire day trolling the Dobber forums, being an angry little keyboard warrior that hates on everyone and everything. I never get involved in BS like this, but it has been annoying me to the point that I had to say my piece.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon