Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Carey Price OUT for rest of series

Banned

Default Re: Carey Price OUT for rest of series

Man this sucks because habs fans will say they would have won if price was playing.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    The shot was a hockey play but he didn't exactly do much to avoid injuring Price. He led skates first right into the right pad... Let's just say it was a hockey play with fortunate results for Kreider?... The contact seemed "accidentally on purpose...", and I was shocked to see there wasn't a gang up on Kreider. Shocked. How do you let an opposing player go right at Price like that...? WTF...
    I don't buy that accidentally on purpose stuff. He was moving so fast, just thinking about scoring, and slipped up. Based on the position of his body from the goal when he slipped up and the speed he was going with a defender chasing him down it would've been nearly impossible for him to avoid contact I believe. It's unfortunate that Price is hurt now, and yes, if I'm a Habs player I go jump Kreider on that play, but I don't buy the accidentally on purpose stuff

Dobber Sports Veteran

Au revoir Habs!!!!!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by RangerFan View Post
    What is that have to do with it? Kreider skates hard and was tripped. There is absolutely no intent here to injure. I am sorry for the terse response but I keep seeing this huge discussion on the web about the play and I just don't get it. This was an accident. Plain and simple. It is the job of the Dmen to stop Kreider. Just my 2 cents.
    Habs fanatic, don't even bother trying to use logic and reason. Kreider did zero wrong on that play.....honest hard play to the net and he lost his footing.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Initiate

Kreider the new Neal? Lol
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm not biased towards either team, I'm out of my playoff pools, so I tried watching the replay as objectively as possible. If it was indeed an accident, Kreider must be a really shitty skater to take that little slash and fall that ridiculously. He takes a slash to the shin and all of a sudden the rest of his body is out of control?? He had a full stride after the slash and even got the shot off! And his leg that wasn't slashed looked like the first out of balance? Most NHL -grade skaters (I would think?) would be able to keep skating without falling on their ass and flailing around like a beached octopus right into the wheelhouse of the goalie. I could be wrong because I've obviously never skated at that speed and I was watching in slow mo, but I really don't see the physics justification. It looked pretty intentional to me.
    12 Team H2H. Full Keeper
    G/A/Points/PIM/PPP/FOW/SOG/HIT/BLK/W/GAA/SV/SV%/SO
    Malkin, Seguin, Perry, Monahan, TJohnson, Wheeler, Lucic, Nichushkin, Drouin, Datsyuk, Hossa, Holland, Bouma, Nieto, Colborne, Prust, Jooris
    Subban, Savard, Dillon, Murphy, Prout, Petrovic
    Lundqvist, Rinne

Dobber Sports Ace

I think I'm with Yeti on this one. He falls way after there's any contact, and the contact is really minor. I mean, it's hard to say if there is intent or not, we aren't in Kreider's head, but it's hard to say definitively there isn't.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Look at this GIF. Pretty clearly shows that Yemelin hacks at his back leg and then Kreider loses his footing.

Crap. For some reason I can't upload a GIF file.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

This is what Kreider said about it:

“I had my head down trying to settle the puck,” he said. “I put it wide and somehow lost my footing. I thought maybe someone pressured me from behind. I seem to have an issue staying on my feet on those, but then I went in skates-first, and I just had too much momentum and couldn’t really avoid him.”

While I think there is no malice here, I think he's going to have to change the way he handles these breakaways going forward and he seems to acknowledge that himself when he admits having an issue staying on his feet in these situations.

Hate to see such a critical player being injured at such a critical time.

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    budaj has played excellent this year...
    IDN about Budaj's record being excellent. His record of 10-8-3 with 2.51 GAA and .909 SV% is rather pedestrian if you ask me. Hard to go with Tokarski, but Budaj doesn't instill any confidence in me whatsoever. The guy is a career backup and not a very good backup for that matter. Remember his nightmare days in Colorado?

They might as well go with Tokarski as I don't think they have a prayer with Budaj.

As for Kreider, it is rather hard to know his intentions, but he does seem to be getting a bit of a bad reputation running goalies of late. It's too bad that Price is out now because I don't think it'll be much of a series any longer.

Dobber Sports Star

Watch the video. For the people who say that Kreider didn't do anything to avoid hitting Price, what was he supposed to do to avoid hitting him? Kreider goes down a couple of feet in front of Price and is sliding at 30 miles per hour. Once that happens, there is nothing he can do to avoid hitting Price. Didn't you guys go to Physics in high school? Did you expect Kreider to hit his breaks?

No question this injury to Price sucks and it is unfortunate, but it's not Kreider's fault.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ace

That is 240 pounds moving at 36.2 km/h. People don't realize how much momentum that is. He stumbles and falls, and has basically zero reaction time.
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Budaj is not the starter 100% yet. They may let Tokarski play.
    The big question would be, why?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The big question would be, why?
    Patrick Roy is going to be the first great player-coach since Reg Dunlop.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Watch the video. For the people who say that Kreider didn't do anything to avoid hitting Price, what was he supposed to do to avoid hitting him? Kreider goes down a couple of feet in front of Price and is sliding at 30 miles per hour. Once that happens, there is nothing he can do to avoid hitting Price. Didn't you guys go to Physics in high school? Did you expect Kreider to hit his breaks?

No question this injury to Price sucks and it is unfortunate, but it's not Kreider's fault.

Rylant
    Speaking of physics, it is as difficult for him to change direction as it would be someone with 160 pounds moving at 54.3km/h. That is ridiculously fast.
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks