Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: what you saying angus ????

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default what you saying angus ????

vince: Why the attitude, dude? Chill out.

You express yourself in such absolutes. Yes, Cammalleri COULD affect Langkow. There is a possibility, but it\'s not a sure thing. But to write it off completely is just hyperbole.

And why bash what kinds of pools other people play in? Me, I like multi-category pools because there are more variables to think about with each player.
    GO WINGS!

Banned

for what its worth, I think Cammy will center the first line and Langkow the 2nd. We\'ve seen what Langkow can do and its nothing special, hes a 20-30 goal type of guy and that\'s all he\'ll ever be. Cammy is younger more dynamic and has more upside so I cant imagine why he wouldn\'t be given more than a few chances to play with Iggy on the top line...that said, it might not work out chemistry wise, sometimes that happens, so he could wind up centering their 2nd line instead

Dobber Sports Stud

Calgary being able to get Cammalleri was huge. Tanguay didn\'t work out. As mentioned by \'gotlaid\', Calgary saves significant money and have the opportunity to pursue other players, improving their team even more. I am not sure that Huselius will be one of them but at least they have options.

Dobber Sports Pro

vince wrote:
    face off % ? what kind of pool you in ?
    good point dobbs...cammy replaces k huss...
    my only point is cammy coming in in no way affects langkows position as center of 1st line

and lockedge..you definetly MUST be a cammy owner.
    your excuses are comical..fact is cammy is a 26 year old with 1 30 goal year....hardly a star
    he has lots to prove..

the only reason k huss is gone is cause of jackass keenan...
    i would take k huss over cammy
    I don\'t own Cammy in any of my pools, actually, I\'m just stating facts.

Thanks Raffi for the correction. My memory exaggerates things at times I guess.

Vince, I\'ve already made a pretty good argument about Cammy\'s viability on the top line. If you\'re unwilling to read it, fine by me, but don\'t be blind to stats.
    Langkow spent 8 seasons getting under 30 goals before he hit 30 in his 10th.
    Cammalleri hit 34 in his 2nd season with an underwhelming supporting cast. Langkow hit 30 with Iginla and Tanguay/Juice.

Cams has 60 goals spread across his first 2 years in the league. Langkow has just barely more than that number spread across his 10th and 11th seasons.

The only thing Cammalleri has to prove is that he\'s worthy of whatever salary number he\'s looking for when he goes UFA. Langkow is hardly a star. He\'s a 55 point guy on most teams. Even on a team with an elite RW and two really great LWs, he barely broke 75 point once, then fell back to 65. The only thing langkow has proven is that he\'s a 2nd line C.

Cammalleri already has an 80 point year. More points than Langkow has scored in a single season. With a worse supporting cast than langkow has.

How is he overrated?

Now will he take the top C spot or filter into the LW? Who knows? It\'ll probably be a mix of both, off and on, as Calgary shuffles lines. if they bring in a good LW though, Cams will likely make top line C by November, and will keep it for the most part(as keenan shuffles lines somewhat frequently).

I DO agree with you that I\'d take Huselius over Cammalleri, because when Huselius is on, he\'s ON. He has 100 point potential, if only he wanted to hit that number.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Stud

Huselius is a flake....:woohoo:

Langkow is pure top 6...can handle spurts of top 3

ex-bramalea blue cammalleri..aka superblue...is pure gold...

this is now the iggy - cammy show

enough with past stats.....

the chemistry has just changed....

calgary looks scary...

langkow will still pot his 25-30 goals

B)

Dobber Sports Expert

vince wrote:
    just wondering..langkow and iggy are not a good fit ???????????
    iggy just had his best 2 seasons with langkow at center.
    langkow scored 63 goals in that span...

how many did OVERRATED cammy score in that span ????

koivu ??? i\'m in a goals pool..he as never been in our pool in 8 years...he cant score goals...
    well, lucky for koivu, he\'s in something called the \'NHL\', where he has far more skills than are tracked by your limited \'goals pool\'.

if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail, dude.

Dobber Sports Expert

vince wrote:
    i\'m in a pool that tracks faceoff wins, it\'s really not that odd, dude.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I wanted to have a take in this very spirited thread..

Now onto my .50 cent post!

For some reason and people are ignoring this for some reason.. Iggy is one of those players that does not do well with very good line mates.. when he seems to have good linemate his numbers drop.. I\'m sure allot of fantasy owners that have iggy can agree.. you think he will have a huge season because of his line mates.. then he just does not produce..

I feel Iggy with talented players tries to pass it to much instead of taking the puck to the net with force..

Now i\'m not going to say Cammy and Iggy will fail.. I just can see Cammy being the second line scoring center.. But on the pp i can\'t see how cammy is not on that.. he will be on the teams top pp but i feel we will see cammy being moved all over the place.. not do to his lack of talent but the lack of iggy gelling with him and not producing to Iron Mikes likes..

Now onto Cammys value.. This is a huge thing for him.. I think he was the 4th to 5th best forward on that team.. and the main reason he was not on the top line for most of the season... Cammy no matter what we try to say is better off in a flames uni than he was in a kings uni.. If he gels with Iggy this will be a massive thing for cammy owners.. because i don\'t think we have seen iggy at his best yet..

Hope this helped guys.. love this kind of threads..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I posted this because Langkow is a better fit to carry his own line (the second) with youngsters like Moss and Boyd. Cammalleri is a natural fit for Iginla with his skating and offensive talent. Iginla is a pretty underrated playmaker as well, I see the two clicking big time. I don\'t see Cammalleri as a full time center, so Langkow could still be a part of that line (depending on who they sign).

Lombardi is another guy to watch, but his hands need to catch up to his feet.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Icon

vince wrote:
    good point dobbs...cammy replaces k huss...
    my only point is cammy coming in in no way affects langkows position as center of 1st line

and lockedge..you definetly MUST be a cammy owner.
    your excuses are comical..fact is cammy is a 26 year old with 1 30 goal year....hardly a star
    he has lots to prove..

the only reason k huss is gone is cause of jackass keenan...
    i would take k huss over cammy
    wow... dobber needs to make up a new rank, because \"rookie sensation\" is far too generous a nickname for vince...

Vince, have you ever thought that NHL coaches consider more than just statistics when determining lines? Keenan isn\'t a fantasy hockey coach, he\'s a real coach... more goes into his determination of linemates than just goal and point totals.

I\'m sure langkow will still do fine this season, he\'s a quality player and they wouldn\'t resign him for 5+ million dollars if they weren\'t going to use him... with that said, it\'s by no means a certainty that he will play with iginla this season.

Don\'t be such a newb in your posts... it just makes you look silly when everyone on the board proves you wrong.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Guru

too much flamin on this thread.

solid trades for my flames. the only thing that surprised me was the young guy they eventually used their 1st rounder on. i hope this nemisz kid pans out.

great move for cammalleri owners. the situation was too clogged in LA. now he comes up north to a team that loves to play hard-forechecking hockey and with a big need for his services.

i think we\'ll definitely see cammy playing with iggy one way or another. i still think langkow will spend a significant amount of time on that top line also... he needs good players to produce. lombardi will get a tryout on the 2nd line to start the season, but if he falters, then langkow could wind up centering L2.

cammy is great for iggy cuz of his speed and tenacity. he buzzes around out there like a little wasp, which i think is better suited to iggy\'s game than tanguay\'s cerebral floating. cammy is a good playmaker who also creates lots of chances by putting the puck on net. watching him and kopitar play the flames last season was beautiful to behold.

but yeah, probably the best part of these deals is the money value saved. it definitely allows for langkow to be resigned, which i\'m pretty confident will happen. i hope to all hell that huselius doesn\'t come back, as we need to keep in mind that cammy will probably get more money next summer and if he looks good in the first half of the season, i would imagine that sutter will try to extend him for a good valued contract. i just hope cammy likes it in Calgary.