Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what you saying angus ????

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default what you saying angus ????

langkow on the 2nd line now that cammy is in calgary ?
    does not make any sense , langkow and iggy have produced great numbers the last 2 years and langkow is a centerman...cammy is a winger

actually last 2 years langkow and huselius scored more goals than cammaleri...this is a lateral move at best

lose k huss and tanguy and get cammy ????

actually they are worse now

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Cammalleri\'s natural position is center.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Expert

The thing with the deal is not the face value of the players... Tanguay was scheduled to make $5.375 this season which would have prevented them from signing Langkow, Huselius, Conroy because of the cap constraints. With Cammny scheduled to make $3.6 that gives them that extra buffer room to be able to go out and sign 1 perhaps 2 of those guys.

The thing with Tanguay was that he never really gelled with Iggy. He spent a lot of his time on the second line which doesn\'t really help Iggy all that much. With Cammy there now, they could slot him at C or move him to wing and hopefully that helps Iggy.

It\'s not the best of moves for Calgary, but I think in the end it did help Calgary\'s situation slightly.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Prodigy

natural position in minor hockey and college ?
    he\'s an nhl winger...
    he\'s too small to be an effective centerman
    he\'s good on the perimeter...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

vince wrote:
    he\'s an nhl winger...
    He\'s played a fair share as center in the NHL as well and has fared pretty well.

Now I\'m curious what your thoughts are on Henrik Zetterberg. Is he a center or a leftwinger?

Is Danny Briere too small to be an effective centerman?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Expert

vince wrote:
    he\'s an nhl winger...
    tell that to saku koivu.

Dobber Sports Icon

sentium wrote:
    vince wrote:
    he\'s an nhl winger...
    He\'s played a fair share as center in the NHL as well and has fared pretty well.

Now I\'m curious what your thoughts are on Henrik Zetterberg. Is he a center or a leftwinger?

Is Danny Briere too small to be an effective centerman?
    What about derek roy? He\'s smaller than cammy, and he\'s a natural center too.

lol... wondering where exactly you\'re getting you\'re knowledge of \"effective centermen\" from? Because you could be 5 foot 5 for all I care, and if you play on iggy\'s line, you\'ll do alright.

Bottom line is that while langkow is good, he wasn\'t ever meant to be the long term solution as center for iggy. He\'s just been doing well in the spot until they can find a linemate that really \"clicks.\" Tanguay didn\'t click, hopefully cammalleri does.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Banned

pay no mind to him...with each post he makes he further reveals his ignorance...koivu is one of my all-time favorite diminutive centers, he\'s like bottled energy and proff positive that there\'s no need to go through defenders, ducking around them and making them look foolish is far more satisfying

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Wow. No, this was not a lateral move for LA. Cammalleri would be better on the top line as he is more of a pure goal-scorer, while Langkow should help the offense on his wings by making plays and the like.
    e11 team league
    F: Zetterberg, St. Louis, Iginla, Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Arnott, Forsberg, Stillman, Whitney, Knuble, Morrow, Holmstrom, Sakic, Doan
    D: McCabe, Lidstrom, Spacek, Markov, Schneider, Chara, Timonen
    G: Biron, Toskala, Ramo
    2ND PLACE

Dobber Sports Prodigy

just wondering..langkow and iggy are not a good fit ???????????
    iggy just had his best 2 seasons with langkow at center.
    langkow scored 63 goals in that span...

how many did OVERRATED cammy score in that span ????

koivu ??? i\'m in a goals pool..he as never been in our pool in 8 years...he cant score goals...

I...am your father.

Langkow was off Iggy\'s line for most of the first half of last season. If it truly worked, they would never be apart.

Cammy replaces Huselius, the team still needs to replace Tanguay.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

vince wrote:
    just wondering..langkow and iggy are not a good fit ???????????
    iggy just had his best 2 seasons with langkow at center.
    langkow scored 63 goals in that span...

how many did OVERRATED cammy score in that span ????

koivu ??? i\'m in a goals pool..he as never been in our pool in 8 years...he cant score goals...
    A lot of those 63 goals were due to Huselius feeding him. He and langkow were together FAR more often than iggy and Langkow were, if I recall. I paid pretty close attention to when Hoos was dropped back to the 2nd line, or when the lines were shuffled and Langs went to the 2nd line, or whatever.

Cammalleri had an off year last year due to a lingering injury and *gasp* being off the top line for most of the year, playing with Derek Armstrong and Frolov. Not a BAD line by any stretch, but Derek Armstrong should be a good 3rd line C instead of a poor 2nd line C.

Iginla and Langkow were an ok pair, and they\'ll continue to be, but I want to see how they are without the playmakers in Tanguay/Huselius, and with the speedy, low centre of gravity Cammalleri.

And Koivu\'s inability to score goals has nothing to do with the situation. People were tearing your argument apart, so you toss in some random fact that you\'re in a goals league and Koivu doesn\'t score any.

So obviously, because Cammalleri is small, he won\'t either. Right. Because he scored 34 with Alexander \"I\'m as inconsistent as IBS sufferer\'s shits\" Frolov, and green, green rookie Anze Kopitar on his line. Imagine what he could do with higher level talent? I mean, Cams could NEVER stand up to Daymond Langkow and his 2 extra inches of height, and superior scoring talent. I mean, surely Mike Cammalleri wouldn\'t be able to beat Daymond\'s career high of 33 goals.....

Oh wait. He already did. With a worse pair of linemates. PLUS, he\'s had to change from wing to C fairly often for his tenure in LA, which does a number on your comfort level and focus. Langkow, AFAIK has been a Centre his entire time in Calgary.
    Daymond Langkow FO%: 43.7
    Mike Cammalleri FO%: 54.2

Huh. How about that? Or should I add a dozen more question marks so you can understand that I\'m asking a question????????????

Please.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Lockedge wrote:

A lot of those 63 goals were due to Huselius feeding him. He and langkow were together FAR more often than iggy and Langkow were, if I recall.
    I was curious, so I exported the list of Langkow\'s 2007/2008 shifts from our good friends at at Frozenpool.com into Excel and made a couple of quick calculations.

The numbers end up almost identical:

Langkow with Iggy: 4005 shifts
    Langkow with Juice: 3782 shifts
    Langkow without Iggy: 1700 shifts
    Langkow without Juice: 1923 shifts

If you look only at even strength shifts, the numbers are even closer:

Langkow with Iggy: 2944 shifts
    Langkow with Juice: 2903 shifts
    Langkow without Iggy: 1527 shifts
    Langkow without Juice: 1568 shifts

Dobber Sports Expert

You guys are taking this wayyyyy too seriously...

I said it before and I guess I\'ll say it again. You can\'t really look at this deal face value. Tanguay is a good player, but his style didn\'t fit Iggy\'s and they didn\'t mesh well. Calgary brought Tanguay in to try to help alleviate the scoring pressure on Iggy, but it didn\'t pan out that way. Tanguay spent most of his time on the 2nd line which at 5.375 was unaffordable for the Flames especially with FA like Langkow, Conroy and Huselius asking for big money.

Cammy can be a good replacement as a winger for Iggy. A few of you guys are saying Cammy is deadset to be Iggy\'s center and that\'s not the only scenario for Cammy. If they can re-sign Langkow they can easily have a Cammy-Langkow-Iggy line.

The big reason why they did it is not because Cammy is legitimately better than Tanguay, its the financial aspect of it. Having Cammy over Tanguay saves them $1.75 mil, which gives them the flexibility to keep Langkow while still having enough buffer room to perhaps make a run at keeping Huselius also. If they kept Tanguay they wouldn\'t have been able to make a run at either of them.

We won\'t know until the season ends to see if Cammy will be better than Tanguay. But we do know that Iggy + Tanguay + losing Huselius and Langkow probably wouldn\'t have been better off than Iggy + Cammy + Langkow (+ Huselius?)...
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Prodigy

face off % ? what kind of pool you in ?
    good point dobbs...cammy replaces k huss...
    my only point is cammy coming in in no way affects langkows position as center of 1st line

and lockedge..you definetly MUST be a cammy owner.
    your excuses are comical..fact is cammy is a 26 year old with 1 30 goal year....hardly a star
    he has lots to prove..

the only reason k huss is gone is cause of jackass keenan...
    i would take k huss over cammy