Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2014 NFL Draft Chatter

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Honestly, I don't think that was the case. If anything, I think the fact that he showed such courage to come out made it impossible for him not to get drafted. Can you imagine how embarrassing that would have been for the NFL. From what I'd heard, Sam simply wasn't that highly regarded of a prospect. He was a real talent in college but most didn't project him to be more than a late-round/undrafted free agent type. And that's exactly where he ended up.

I don't doubt that there were some franchises that weren't open to picking Sam but I think most went about things business as usual, sticking to their board.

But hey, props to the Rams for being open enough to do so. I don't think we can label the other 31 teams as being "closed to gays" just because they didn't draft Sam so the only thing we can say for sure is that the Rams were open enough and that deserves celebrating. And Sam deserves celebrating as well.
    I hope that you are right. Maybe it's the cynic in me that suggests that more than one team passed on him because they weren't ready for the "headache" of having the first openly gay person in their locker room. If anything though, this will make it easier moving forward.

Rylant

Appears the Bishop Sankey hype machine is beginning to churn along. In large part...imo...due to being behind only Shonne Green on the depth chart. Which is a valid position, but w/certain fantasy sites ranking him as high as number one, I''ll let another GM reach to pluck him in the top three.

Terrance West for me. better talent and same opportunity - once Tate pulls a hammy singing the National Anthem.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Its going to be interesting to see some mock drafts for this years prospect draft for keeper leagues. I think the WR is going to be a heavier drafted postion compared to the RB.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Its going to be interesting to see some mock drafts for this years prospect draft for keeper leagues. I think the WR is going to be a heavier drafted postion compared to the RB.

Indeed. I'm still going Arab early and often. As far as WR goes, I am sure Josh Gordon has disappointed a few would be owners already. LOL
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury