Thread: User Settings: Subscribed threads glitch

The Wolverine

Default User Settings: Subscribed threads glitch

This was also an issue with the previous version of this forum last year (prior to all the upgrade issues). The 'subscribed threads with new posts' list in our user settins is showing threads that haven't been commented on for awhile (nearly three months in my case). Usually threads that are inactive after a specific period (days?) falls off the list and into the 'all subscribed threads' list. I know others have had this same issue in the past so curious if it's still affecting you. If so, Dobber, do you know why this glitch is (still) happening?

I...am your father.

Default Re: User Settings: Subscribed threads glitch

I don't. To be honest, I don't look at subscribed threads or use it at all. I come in and read the new posts and comment. And once a thread falls off the first page of New Posts, I'm pretty much done with the thread. So I have zero experience with the subscribed threads, nor do I know what is good or bad about them

I'm on vacation for a few days soon, so this will have to go on my "when I get back" list
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I don't. To be honest, I don't look at subscribed threads or use it at all. I come in and read the new posts and comment. And once a thread falls off the first page of New Posts, I'm pretty much done with the thread. So I have zero experience with the subscribed threads, nor do I know what is good or bad about them

I'm on vacation for a few days soon, so this will have to go on my "when I get back" list
    Hey, just to remind you that this is still happening. I still have threads on my 'subscribed threads with new posts' as far back as February. Can you look into this please?

I...am your father.

I've looked into this and after a lot of research I've discovered that subscribed threads in vbulletin are akin to your inbox. You should go to your subscribed threads and create a folder - put in the threads you want to keep into that folder. Then empty all subscribed threads. All will be gone, except the ones you filed.

There is no setting to automatically file the threads after a certain amount of days

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya its weird. I have like 6 subscribed threads showing up on my profile but I rarely subscribe to any threads. They just kinda appeared for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Wolverine

I've looked into this and after a lot of research I've discovered that subscribed threads in vbulletin are akin to your inbox. You should go to your subscribed threads and create a folder - put in the threads you want to keep into that folder. Then empty all subscribed threads. All will be gone, except the ones you filed.

There is no setting to automatically file the threads after a certain amount of days
    Ok thanks. So I guess we'll have to regularly clean out/file these threads since I'm automatically subscribed to threads I participate in.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Ya its weird. I have like 6 subscribed threads showing up on my profile but I rarely subscribe to any threads. They just kinda appeared for me.
    Not sure how that happens. It's automatic to me but I guess yours is not as it would be overflowing considering how many threads you create/participate in.

I...am your father.

Or maybe just subscribe to threads you start...but any others just flag the ones that you care about

The Wolverine

Or maybe just subscribe to threads you start...but any others just flag the ones that you care about
    I like the auto subscribe option as I often like to revisit them after I contribute if the thread remains active for a short while. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I had four subscribed threads and have no idea how they got there. Just adding FYI.
    I did just test delete ("unsubscribe") to them all and they seem to be gone.

I...am your father.

It's possible they got there from the changeover, I would need to know if they popped up and they are recent threads.

I can ask the vbulletin people about an add-on to maybe do away with older subs