Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hossa & Pens talk break

Banned

Default Hossa & Pens talk break

I feel you man, he certainly has options but as you pointed out he was already on a top 3 contender, in a system that favors his style of play and one where he really clicked chemistry-wise with the team. Not only that, the Pens are a team on the rise still, a lot of young guys who are becoming smarter and learning the finer points of the NHL. To me those things all add up to really good shot at the cup in the next few years. Certainly if he can sign with the Wings for more money I wouldn\'t fault him for that but it seems like he\'s been bitten by the \'grass is greener\' bug a little.

PS: regarding him going to the Rags...I started a Rags-centric post to discuss their cap quandary here

Dobber Sports Expert

lanky522 wrote:
    dthif1980 wrote:
    What is the salary cap looking in MTL? Tanguay is not cheap (4M$ isn\'t it?). Do they have space enough to sign Sundin with Tanguay on board now?

I\'m not sure they have enough space for Hossa either...

Consider that plekanec, higgins, and Latendresse are due for big raises next season, and Kostitysn (and halak or a back up goalie) still need to be signed this summer, and the canadians will be tight enough as it is...
    i don\'t think latendresse is due for a big raise, he\'s a pretty big underachiever.

Dobber Sports Icon

repenttokyo wrote:
    lanky522 wrote:
    dthif1980 wrote:
    What is the salary cap looking in MTL? Tanguay is not cheap (4M$ isn\'t it?). Do they have space enough to sign Sundin with Tanguay on board now?

I\'m not sure they have enough space for Hossa either...

Consider that plekanec, higgins, and Latendresse are due for big raises next season, and Kostitysn (and halak or a back up goalie) still need to be signed this summer, and the canadians will be tight enough as it is...
    i don\'t think latendresse is due for a big raise, he\'s a pretty big underachiever.
    Touche, but I assume that between the three of him higgins and plekanec, montreal will have approximately 5 million less cap space to use than they currently have.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Expert

yes, those two will no doubt be in line for a salary increase.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The prime candidates for Hossa are Vancouver and Boston. Both teams have cap space, play in hockey markets (which Hossa wants), and have a big need for a power winger who can score.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Giant

angus wrote:
    The prime candidates for Hossa are Vancouver and Boston. Both teams have cap space, play in hockey markets (which Hossa wants), and have a big need for a power winger who can score.
    I think he would be very happy in Boston especially with if he plays with Savard. They were really good when they were both in ATL.

Dobber Sports Expert

please let it be boston, i would love to see him play night after night!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hossa would be a great fit in Boston.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket