Thread: Filatov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Filatov

I feel him going to the BlueJackets was maybe the worse spot for him to land imo.. With Hitch there you just never know.. Even with Filatov being a great two way player this just does not feel right to me.. I felt like the Islanders thought he would slip past the Blue Jackets. So thats why they moved down.. WTF is with the Blue Jackets drafting top end offensive players at the 6th overall spot.. I really think they grab these guys to find away to bring them up and **** them for the first 5 years or so and make Fantasy hockey gms pull there hair out.. trying to wonder when there guy will have a break out year.. How long have we waited for Nash? How about Zherdev, or even Brule.. Now we have Brassard, Voracek, and you can add Filatov to waste away there talent.. To me Filatov was hands down the Second overall pick in fantasy hockey.. now i just don\'t know where i rank him.. On talent alone he is top three.. but now i put the CBJ rule into affect.. and he is not even in my top five.. after watching Carter, Madano, Richards, Lupal, Brule, Zherdev, Nash, Brassard not become the offensive forces they should have been.. when under hitch I try to tell my self not to draft guys who are coached by either hitch, and trotts.. maybe i\'m just drunk right now and had to really speak my mind on how pissed I am that filatov was drafted by the BJ\'s!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Filatov

I honestly like Filatov going to CBJ better than the NYI.

The Blue Jackets is a team that we should build on fantasy wise. I\'ve learn from Dobber that Hitchcock won\'t be the Jackets coach forever. By the time Filatov, Voracek and Brassard gets into their prime, there will probably be a new coach in Columbus. I\'m talking here another 5-7 years.
    QHL Stanley Cup champion 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09
    www.thephysicsofhockey.com

Dobber Sports Master

Default Filatov

DAW wrote:
    ... but now i put the CBJ rule into affect.. and he is not even in my top five.. after watching Carter, Madano, Richards, Lupal, Brule, Zherdev, Nash, Brassard not become the offensive forces they should have been..
    The players you are mentioned here are all still very young. You are talking like it is over for them.... Be patient, not all players can have a Crosby or Malkin like rookie impact. This is Carter\'s 4th year and you will see him breakout, guaranteed. 35 goals and 65-70 points.

Brassard is only 20. He\'ll be fine. Just hang in there.

Now Brule might be a bigger worry. I think they may have screwed up his development by not putting him in Syracuse for the 06-07 season. He should have played more time this year as well. He might be ok, but I\'d still be worried.

I would not worry too much about the other players, just try to be more patient and scale back your immediate expectations a little. Filatov will be an excellent fantasy option in his own time.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Filatov

DAW wrote:
    I feel him going to the BlueJackets was maybe the worse spot for him to land imo.. With Hitch there you just never know.. Even with Filatov being a great two way player this just does not feel right to me.. I felt like the Islanders thought he would slip past the Blue Jackets. So thats why they moved down.. WTF is with the Blue Jackets drafting top end offensive players at the 6th overall spot.. I really think they grab these guys to find away to bring them up and **** them for the first 5 years or so and make Fantasy hockey gms pull there hair out.. trying to wonder when there guy will have a break out year.. How long have we waited for Nash? How about Zherdev, or even Brule.. Now we have Brassard, Voracek, and you can add Filatov to waste away there talent.. To me Filatov was hands down the Second overall pick in fantasy hockey.. now i just don\'t know where i rank him.. On talent alone he is top three.. but now i put the CBJ rule into affect.. and he is not even in my top five.. after watching Carter, Madano, Richards, Lupal, Brule, Zherdev, Nash, Brassard not become the offensive forces they should have been.. when under hitch I try to tell my self not to draft guys who are coached by either hitch, and trotts.. maybe i\'m just drunk right now and had to really speak my mind on how pissed I am that filatov was drafted by the BJ\'s!
    I couldn\'t agree with you more.

Watching the expression on his face, you could tell that he thought the same thing too. Something is wrong in CLB. They have all this young offensive talent and they bring in Hitch - one of the kings of slowdown. Good luck with that.

Filatov would have been my #2 but now he drops for sure. I think he would have been better in New York or even more - Toronto. Look at Nash - every year he goes to the worlds or allstar game and shines. Yes I know, he has talent around him then but come off it, the team should recognize this and either go out and get a big name player (with their surplus of young guys who wont blossom in CLB), or change their style. I watched a lot of their games this year and to be honest, when Nash wasnt on the ice, the team is VERY boring. Nash is worth the price of admission but if isnt there, the team really sucks - and it has been like that for years. There is something definetly wrong in CLB.
    Dobberites Unite! 12 Team H2H $$ Keeper League
    C: Malkin, Krejci, Wilson, Schenn
    W: Zetterburg, D Sedin, Mueller, Horton, Benn
    D: Suter, Edler, Myers, Burns
    G: Fleury, Brodeur, S Mason, M Smith
    -- Keep 17 with salary cap

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Filatov

i had intrest is getting filatov...i DO NOT ANYMORE.
    cbj is a wasteland for fantasy players...
    and the fact this team slows the process to the nhl..filatov will be lucky to play in the nhl in 3 years....
    filatov\'s game really fits well with hitch...LOL

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Filatov

Nash and Zherdev have been alone in Columbus for a long time. Getting Umberger helps too. Hopefully they can add a bonafide center too to round out the top six.

I was looking to take Filatov in my league\'s draft coming up and I will still pick him. Talent is still talent, regardless of where it plays and the offensive talent level in Columbus is coming around.

Comparing the current situation to one where Filatov went to the Islanders, I think this is better in the long run. Here Filatov will be brought up without being rushed (at least after Howson took over). Sure, he\'d probably have a more immediate impact in New York, but who would he have to play with there anyway?
    GO WINGS!

Default Filatov

I predict Filatov comes over next year, is sent to Syracuse and then gets tired of waiting to play in the NHL, packs up, and goes to the RSL or new Continetatl league for more $ and playing time that he would ever get from CLB

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Filatov

Karma for Cartman. Good points. I really don\'t know why Hitch is coaching there with the potential to play a run n\' gun offense. Clb has never made the playoffs, so the least you could do is open up the ice, and let Nash/Zheredov do their thing.
    Too me, never has it been any more important to go after Marleau. This deal HAS to get done. Whether it turns out to be that #6 pick (Filatov) or not, give you fans and your stars someone who is proven. If not, Nash will soon be asking for a trade, never mind not re-signing.....

Default Filatov

Thanks bluejays.

I really felt bad for the kid last night when I heard his name get called out last night at #6. Someone mentioned wasteland... I agree. Columbus is not a place where the #2 ranked forward wants to end up. Imagine Filatov in Atlanta setting up Kovalchuk... or even in TO - way to kick start a youth movement... (and I hate the Buds). You could really tell by his expression that it wasnt his first choice. The Blue Jackets need a change in direction with all that young talent being wasted.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Filatov

Zherdev won\'t be a Jacket next season, so I wouldn\'t worry there. In my opinion, the chances he gets dealt are above 90%.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Filatov

Just to me it was the worse place for him to end up... I could list off about 28 teams I would have rather had him on..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Filatov

DAW wrote:
    Just to me it was the worse place for him to end up... I could list off about 28 teams I would have rather had him on..
    Which is the other team you don\'t want him on?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Filatov

I would imagine Florida.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Filatov

Atomic_Wedgy wrote:
    Now Brule might be a bigger worry. I think they may have screwed up his development by not putting him in Syracuse for the 06-07 season.
    You\'re right that Colu-(Doug Maclean)-mbus screwed up Brule\'s development but he wasn\'t eligible to play in Syracuse during the 06-07 season. Because of his age, it was either the NHL or back to Vancouver. Maclean thought he was too good for the WHL (he was) and Columbus had holes at center (which they\'ve had forever) so he decided to rush him into the NHL, going so far as to hype him as a Calder Trophy canidate and their 2nd line center.

Now that he\'s eligible to play in Syracuse, that\'s where he should stay until he regains his confidence and learns how to play his \"physical\" style against men.
    Team 1
    C: Kuznetsov
    LW: Ovechkin, Hall, Gaudreau, Huberdeau
    RW: Perry, Voracek, Nyquist
    D: Hedman,
    G: Schneider, Hellebuyck*
    Prospects: Lazar, Mantha, Bjorkstrand, Gillies, P.L. Dubois, Konency
    * Prospect Bonus

Team 2
    C: Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom, Coyle
    LW: Saad, Lucic, van Reimsdyk, Kuznetsov
    RW: Ovechkin, Connolly