Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: What if Yakupov is dealt?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: What if Yakupov is dealt?

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Please name for me another available option that Edmonton could acquire that would be the perfect use of that cap space.
    Shea Weber.
    PK Subban.

I hear you saying 'Those guys are not available' but to that I say 'As available as Kris Letang.

I think you just have to realize that other people don't share your view on the value of Letang to the Oilers. I'm not convinced he wouldn't possibly make the Oilers worse overall a team once you factor in his cap hit, the assets needed to acquire him and his bad defense.

Dobber Sports Wizard

This just isn't a good argument. If he was as poor defensively as you say he is then he wouldn't have gotten contract for that much money to begin with. And really, like use your reading glasses bud. I didn't say he's a game changer defensively. I said he's average and an improvment on anything they have. Which he is. You're trying to argue something with me that I'm not trying to argue. I'm saying on Pittsburgh, Niskanen, Maatta, and Martin are all better defensively than Kris Letang. Those three also do an adequate job replacing the offense Letang brings. Therefore, it is not good cap management for Pittsburgh. On Edmonton, Letang is better than any other option on that team. Therefore it does make sense for Edmonton to spend that portion of their cap space on him. Is he the BEST possible use of that cap space? No, and I have also never said that. Please name for me another available option that Edmonton could acquire that would be the perfect use of that cap space.

You're simply trying to change my arguments and put words in my mouth so you can make counter points because you can't find a way to argue what I'm saying. I guess if you can't find a way to argue something then change the argument? Because you aren't countering what I am saying.

As for does he make them a playoff team? Well none of Shea Weber, Ryan Suter, Duncan Keith, Drew Doughty, etc. Make Edmonton a playoff team, because all of Anaheim, San Jose, LA, Minnesota, and Dallas have much better top to bottom rosters than them. I guess that means they shouldn't acquire any of those players if they were available either right?
    bullshit Dan Boyle is horrible defensively and that guy got paid pretty big bucks over the years don't give me the if he couldn't play defense he wouldn't get paid argument that is just not factually correct at all

and i am not trying to change any arguments at all you claim he would be some kind of drastic upgrade for them defensively, so drastic in fact that he is worth 10% of their cap as well as what it would cost to get him

at the same time you claim that he is redundant on the Pens

both of those claims cannot possibly be true at the same time, no defenseman that can drastically make a team better defensively and puts up the points Letang does would in any way shape or form ever be considered redundant

i mean the Pens should trade Malkin since he is redundant because they have Crosby

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    bullshit Dan Boyle is horrible defensively and that guy got paid pretty big bucks over the years don't give me the if he couldn't play defense he wouldn't get paid argument that is just not factually correct at all

and i am not trying to change any arguments at all you claim he would be some kind of drastic upgrade for them defensively, so drastic in fact that he is worth 10% of their cap as well as what it would cost to get him

at the same time you claim that he is redundant on the Pens

both of those claims cannot possibly be true at the same time, no defenseman that can drastically make a team better defensively and puts up the points Letang does would in any way shape or form ever be considered redundant

i mean the Pens should trade Malkin since he is redundant because they have Crosby
    This thread has to die. You're clearly too moronic to understand the term "agree to disagree".

Dobber Sports Ace

*walk in, wondering how the relative pro's and con's of moving Yakupov to various destinations could invoke eight pages of intelligent, respectful, on-topic discussion*

*walk out*
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

Banned

Uh huh, he's "horrible defensively", that's why Steve Yzerman chose him for the gold-medal winning Olympic team in 2010!
    Team Canada, the team that regularly has to agonize over which star to take to the games when all the options they have are easily good enough to be a the #1 player on an NHL roster. With all their choices, especially on defense, they took someone who was "horrible defensively". That's got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read on these forums. You obviously have no freaking idea what you're talking about.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    Uh huh, he's "horrible defensively", that's why Steve Yzerman chose him for the gold-medal winning Olympic team in 2010!
    Team Canada, the team that regularly has to agonize over which star to take to the games when all the options they have are easily good enough to be a the #1 player on an NHL roster. With all their choices, especially on defense, they took someone who was "horrible defensively". That's got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read on these forums. You obviously have no freaking idea what you're talking about.
    anyone that has watched him play hockey knows he is a liability in his own end

it is amazing how few people actually watch the game of hockey around here

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Wizard

This thread has to die. You're clearly too moronic to understand the term "agree to disagree".
    i always love it when someone accuses you of never letting something die while they have continued to engage in the discussion and not let it die as well

multiple people have told you you don't know what the **** you are talking about but you have continued to run your mouth pretending you do

i would be plenty glad to let the thread die but don't pretend for a minute that i share the sole blame for this continuing because i am responding to your posts so you are the one who has a problem with the concept as well

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Banned

anyone that has watched him play hockey knows he is a liability in his own end

it is amazing how few people actually watch the game of hockey around here
    You're an idiot, a complete and utter idiot

He's no Ray Bourque or anything but he's anything but a liability, he's always been solid and defensively responsible and he moves the puck extremely well

As far as watching the game goes, your comments suggest you're watching a different sport!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

i always love it when someone accuses you of never letting something die while they have continued to engage in the discussion and not let it die as well

multiple people have told you you don't know what the **** you are talking about but you have continued to run your mouth pretending you do

i would be plenty glad to let the thread die but don't pretend for a minute that i share the sole blame for this continuing because i am responding to your posts so you are the one who has a problem with the concept as well
    Yep. I say "agree to disagree". You respond with an argument. I respond with "like I said, agree to disagree". You continue to argument. Really letting your intelligence shine through here bud.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by austeane View Post
    *walk in, wondering how the relative pro's and con's of moving Yakupov to various destinations could invoke eight pages of intelligent, respectful, on-topic discussion*

*walk out*
    LOL, came in thinking the same thing. It's a train wreck and I can't help but keep coming back to catchup on the carnage.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm starting to feel bad! All I wanted was a couple comments on Yakupov's value haha.
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Deity

I had to back to page 5 of this thread to find mention of Yakupov. LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Hey I am not saying anyone’s right here, as this has turned into a pity pi$$Ing match and that’s not what these forums are for. However with Lucifer I have found him to be extremely self-entitled, rude and one sided with his arguments.

Further the fact that I have hardly ever seen him contribute anything valuable, he usually just hi jacks a thread asking stupid questions trying to get “ the complete picture” and wasting everyone’s time. Hell next time I post a question I wouldn’t be surprised if he asked me if the other GM’s are vegan or vegetarians, or how regular there bowl movements are… the forms on here would be better without this self-entitled little prick.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Giant

Do you guys even watch the games?
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Do you guys even watch the games?
    do you even lift brah?