Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 11 discussion

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Round 11 discussion

I have left my list with Crazy, Chic, Gong and Maple and gave them the freedom to do whats best for me, i just hope they don\'t all go out drinking around my pick!

i may not be able to check back in until i return from my honeymoon which will be early July.

Hopefully the draft keeps moving!

Torture

Chinny wrote:
    I have left my list with Crazy, Chic, Gong and Maple and gave them the freedom to do whats best for me, i just hope they don\'t all go out drinking around my pick!

i may not be able to check back in until i return from my honeymoon which will be early July.

Hopefully the draft keeps moving!
    Now that\'s dedication...nice work man! Have fun on your honeymoon.

Dobber Sports Master

Well looking as I just got back from the bar watching the turkey-croatia game it would be a good time to get to Chinny\'s pick.
    5 mins and I get to head back downstairs to watch the end if it makes it to a shootout.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Ace

maple leaf just give permission to montreal to deal with sundin :d
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Initiate

ok guys I just made my pick. I picked Colby Armstrong ATL. Let keep this rolling.
    League - YOUNG STARS DYNASTY LEAGUE
    12 teams

MY TEAM

Kovalchuk/Tavares/Zetterberg
    Michalek/ Thornton /Nash
    E.Cole/ Spezza/ Purcell

Suter/Jack Johnsson
    Del Zotto/ Hedmen

Miller / Hiller

Benched Players

Tanguay/Desharnis/Hemsky
    McDonald/Nyquist /Selanne

Gardiner/ Orlov

Dobber Sports Ace

I remember reading somewhere that if we draft a \'prospect\' and they are unsigned by the time the 08-09 season rolls around, we lose that \'prospect\' outright. This has prevented me from drafting some players (JVR, Doughty, Bogosian and others) and I\'d like for it to be clarified.

Thanks

Nehithaw
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Stud

*Pre warning*
    i just got back from my wedding rehearsal party
    *Pre warning*

you can pick my next born if you want but if they aren\'t drafted by a team after this draft you can forget that pick and find someone new

guys picked need to be either drafted this year or have been drafted to be allowed to be drafted in our pool

and yes, i am killing my alone time the night before the wedding commenting on the dobber forums

i love you guys, lets keep the draft going

also, thank god for firefox spell check or this wouldn\'t be legible

Dobber Sports Padawan

Sorry gents, I took off early to go to the draft.

Lots \'O trades! Loved that.

Sat directly in front of the TSN/RDS booths. Pretty cool.

I think Phoenix just became a very dangerous team tonight.

Wrestled over 3 guys and finally just gave in on one; MacLean from Phx. Hope he makes the squad this season.

Again, sorry for the long break.

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Master

what a draft... gotta love all the trades that happened tonight
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Ninja

Nehithaw wrote:
    I remember reading somewhere that if we draft a \'prospect\' and they are unsigned by the time the 08-09 season rolls around, we lose that \'prospect\' outright. This has prevented me from drafting some players (JVR, Doughty, Bogosian and others) and I\'d like for it to be clarified.
    The rule was that the player had to have been previously drafted or signed by an NHL team to be eligible to be taken in our draft.

With us drafting before the NHL draft, that caused us to alter that rule a little. That\'s where the additional catch that the player you draft had to be drafted or signed by an NHL team prior to the start of the 08-09 season.

Sorry if there was any confusion. A player like JVR never fell under this rule alteration as he was drafted last year, therefore he was eligible for our draft.

The only players if affects are guys who have yet to be drafted or signed by an NHL team. I was specifically targetting anyone who might have tried to draft Tavares this summer. I hope that\'s clear now.

The Comish
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

New leader in average age:

jl67 23.2
    regiopolis 23.5
    Raccer 23.6
    newper114 24.0
    Culpy99 24.6
    RC44 24.7
    ultrawhiteness 24.8
    Detroit Red Wings 24.9
    praba 25.1
    Nehithaw 25.3
    babalu69 25.3
    mapletreemarty 25.3
    Mercs 25.4
    flexraid 25.6
    sd1976 25.7
    Noriculous 25.8
    Anonymous 25.9
    pensfan 26.2
    Bleedblue 26.3
    Broad Street Bullies 27.0
    NordiqueFan 27.5
    Rad64 27.5
    notubble 27.8
    Chicleteur 28.2
    Torture 28.2
    Gongshow 28.4
    Chinny 28.6
    Crazynuck 28.7
    The Comish 29.1
    Sniper 29.3
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

The Comish wrote:
    Nehithaw wrote:
    The rule was that the player had to have been previously drafted or signed by an NHL team to be eligible to be taken in our draft.

With us drafting before the NHL draft, that caused us to alter that rule a little. That\'s where the additional catch that the player you draft had to be drafted or signed by an NHL team prior to the start of the 08-09 season.

Sorry if there was any confusion. A player like JVR never fell under this rule alteration as he was drafted last year, therefore he was eligible for our draft.

The only players if affects are guys who have yet to be drafted or signed by an NHL team. I was specifically targetting anyone who might have tried to draft Tavares this summer. I hope that\'s clear now.

The Comish
    The \'or\' is quite significant in this statement:

\"that the player you draft had to be drafted or signed by an NHL team prior to the start of the 08-09 season.\"

From what I remember reading, I understood it to be that we may take the chance of drafting an unsigned player (NHL drafted players) but we could lose them (a wasted draft pick) if they were unsigned by the start of the 08-09 NHL season. For this reason, I passed on drafting some prospects that I believed to be risky picks due to them being unsigned (or prospects that I thought that wouldn\'t sign to their NHL clubs by the start of the 08-09 season). JVR is a good example: It is widely known that he has stated that he will spend one more season in college, so therefore Philly would not sign him until he is ready to challenge for a roster spot (signing him sooner would allow JVR to hit RFA earlier). I passed on Doughty and Bogosian because there is the chance that they will not make their respective clubs before the 08-09 season starts.

Comish, could you please find and post the rule that states: \"that the player you draft had to be drafted.....by an NHL team prior to the start of the 08-09 season.....or you may lose him outright.\"

I will attempt to find it also, but it might take some time. It may very well be a mistake on my part and I could chalk it up as a \'learning from my mistakes\' thing, but if I am correct (a big if), it would only be fair to have it followed through.

Thanks

Nehithaw
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Ninja

Nehithaw wrote:
    The Comish wrote:
    Nehithaw wrote:

The Comish
    The \'or\' is quite significant in this statement:

\"that the player you draft had to be drafted or signed by an NHL team prior to the start of the 08-09 season.\"

From what I remember reading, I understood it to be that we may take the chance of drafting an unsigned player (NHL drafted players) but we could lose them (a wasted draft pick) if they were unsigned by the start of the 08-09 NHL season. For this reason, I passed on drafting some prospects that I believed to be risky picks due to them being unsigned (or prospects that I thought that wouldn\'t sign to their NHL clubs by the start of the 08-09 season). JVR is a good example: It is widely known that he has stated that he will spend one more season in college, so therefore Philly would not sign him until he is ready to challenge for a roster spot (signing him sooner would allow JVR to hit RFA earlier). I passed on Doughty and Bogosian because there is the chance that they will not make their respective clubs before the 08-09 season starts.

Comish, could you please find and post the rule that states: \"that the player you draft had to be drafted.....by an NHL team prior to the start of the 08-09 season.....or you may lose him outright.\"

I will attempt to find it also, but it might take some time. It may very well be a mistake on my part and I could chalk it up as a \'learning from my mistakes\' thing, but if I am correct (a big if), it would only be fair to have it followed through.

Thanks

Nehithaw
    I managed to find something that was posted in the original thread (Looking to Join Pools, etc forum)calling for teams and all the rules, rosters, etc discussion we had for the Dynasty League makeup:

\"For this year only, you can take unsigned players (like Brunnstrom) or undrafted players (like Stamkos, Doughty), BUT if they aren\'t signed or drafted by the time the NHL season gets under way, you must drop them with no compensation (you don\'t get an extra pick).

This will allow everyone equal opportunity to draft Brunnstrom or Stamkos, while sticking to my \"must have been drafted or signed by an NHL team\" rule.
    NO TAVARES PICKS PLEASE!\"

The last part is the most important reason for this rule. You have to be either drafted OR signed by an NHL team.

That doesn\'t mean that you couldn\'t draft Teemu Selanne because he isn\'t currently signed a contract. He WAS previously drafted and had also signed an NHL contract before.

Guys like Ville Leino or Andreas Jamtin are covered now that they have signed NHL contracts.

Again, I\'m sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

Dobber Sports Master

Nehithaw the rule was basically set in place to avoid ppl picking Tavares/Hedman or ppl from the \'09 and future drafts.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Master

I have left my pick with Chic, Chinny, and Gong.
    Just in case i\'m not around.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty