Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

The Great One

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Book Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Martin (GRRM) is a total master-planner, as his story goes.
    He has reason for almost everything.

The first three books (GoT, CoK, SoS) were set up for his main story...
    But I think he used books 4 & 5 to "check off" some of the things he prophecized. (He won't let any go unanswered, he's very thorough).

I always thought having Stannis go to the wall was very strange.
    Uber strange.
    But it does relocate Melisandre there.
    And this is about the only way to achieve:

i) Putting Jon Snow into a dying/dead state. (To complete Bran's prophecy of his body growing cold at the wall.)
    ii) Melisandre to bring him back to life.

I can foresee this being followed by Jon, for some reason, then plunging a sword into Melisandre (killing her) but also thus fulfilling the prophecy of Azor Ahai/Lightbringer.
    http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Lightbringer

Martin likes history to repeat.
    (one of his themes)
    And so if Snow is missing a chunk of his memory... that would be very interesting... lot of ways that could go. (cool thought)

They might skip it in the show- but theres a theory that at least in the books he will warg out of his body- at least for a bit- after death. It kind of explains why he wrote the POV chapter for whats his name the wildling skin changer- otherwise its really kind of a pointless chapter. Also wouldnt that be a fantastic name for the creature/companion he would be warging into?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Just finished (finally) watching the final episode of the season. Here is what I think will happen next season (take this with a grain of salt, please):
    Arya learns to clean bodies while blind, and becomes the world's foremost dermatologist,
    Cersei falls in love with the Frankenstein Mountain, and they have babies that look like monkeys with wings. She becomes the Wicked Witch of the Westeros,
    Jon Snow is saved by the Red Witch, and he burns the Wall down and invites the White Walkers to chow down on those "traitorous brothers" of his. They do so, and Jon gets the last laugh as he gleefully yells at the walkers that they just ate "crow".
    Bronn and Jaime sail back to Dorne where they go Schwartzenegger's Commando on their asses, until the youngest of Oberyn's daughters exposes her breasts again, and peace returns to the land for as long as she remains naked.
    Brienne gets the Bruce/Kaitlyn Jenner flippity-do and becomes Brian of Tarth.
    Sansa helps Theon regain his confidence, then kicks him in the balls until he can't even pronounce the word Theon ever again. She then treats him worse than Ramsay did.
    Daenarys realizes that the Dothraki have found her after years of searching for her and she is forced to listen to all of their complaints since her departure. She then orders Drogon to eat her so she doesn't have to listen to the "little people" anymore.
    Tyrion rules Mereen better than anyone ever has, makes them a superpower in the world, and nukes Westeros with the two dragons Daenarys has left behind.

Hope my predictions brought a smile to your face. In all seriousness, I thought that most of this fifth season was rather slow and uninteresting...until the 8th, 9th and 10th episodes. WOW! Pretty incredible storytelling. Regular television just can't compete with this stuff. Can't wait for the next season and hope GRRM is able to produce his 6th book before the TV series resumes. Get it in gear, Mr. Martin, get it in gear!
    ^^^

All of this.

Dobber Sports Expert

It's here.

Let the hype train begin.

A man can't wait.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Cool little cover of Wicked Game in that trailer.

Dobber Sports Star

Still hands down, the best show on television right now.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Alright here we gooooooooooooooooo! New trailer

This looks awesome. You can really tell they upped the budget again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI0ib1NErqg

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Awesome.
    I'm actually just finishing Season 5 on discs via Netflix. (just finished Episodes 7&8 last night. One more disc w/ Episodes 9&10).
    This might be the year I get HBO to watch... but as a book-fan of ASOIAF... I'm not sure I can handle spoiling it for myself - but is it even avoidable in modern day pop culture???

My mom and I spend half our Sunday phone conversation weekly theorizing on GoT.
    She sent me a Youtube (SPOILER!) theory on how Jon Snow might still be alive if that's the plan (just one person's [REALLY REALLY GOOD] theory).
    Watch if you wish:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sBwwyRGziLE

One thing I like about the show is Sansa/Winterfell/Frey-revenge... GRRM sort of seemed to leave Sansa isolated in asoiaf in the Eyrie (not a spoiler... one of the few sub plotlines by GRRM that stunk a bit, IMO).

Anyways - like all the budget they put into this show.
    Totally my favourite watch of the past 3-4 years.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The theory you posted makes more sense than the Melisandre theory P7. Resurrection to fulfill the prophecy makes GoT sense. It fits the style of the series. Random chance resurrection by Melisandre is just too lucky for a character that I believe to be integral to the entire story.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Innnnnnnnnnnteresting!

I just cant wait for this to be back

Dobber Sports Immortal

Finally......back to Game of Thrones!

Dobber Sports Pro

Great episode last night!!!

Dobber Sports Genius

Do you think Melisandre sacrifices herself to bring back Jon Snow? She just seems defeated and the way she talked about him fighting in Winterfell makes me think that's a possibility? I know the show has a way to torture us by staying away from the feel goods and jerking your emotions around (part of what makes it great as well) but I hope this thing turns at some point and the good guys just start ripping through everyone.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports All-Star

The actress that plays her is pregnant in real life so it might be a good opportunity to write her character off this season if she doesn't want to come back.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    The actress that plays her is pregnant in real life so it might be a good opportunity to write her character off this season if she doesn't want to come back.
    Lena Headey, the actress who portrays Cersei, was pregnant all throughout filming of Season 5. Clearly pregnancies aren't an obstacle to these HBO guys. So, if TPTB want to keep Melisandre, they will do just that.

I'm with Canucksfan on Melisandre's fate. She seems due to play a sacrificial part in the fulfilling of prophecy, though I think she'll be instrumental (and alive) in bringing Jon back. She has already read her fires wrong in pronouncing Stannis as the Bringer of Light. Maybe she commits fully to a new Bringer.
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports Wizard

Saw something interesting today.... After Davos finds Jon Snow and the other guys carry him away, Davos looks at the blood print in the snow and the camera focuses on it for awhile. The blood print is sort of the shape of a dragon.

There's also a part before that while Jon is still lying there, the camera angle makes the blood print behind his shoulder look like a wolf head. Then as the camera pans across you see more blood and it's the dragon shape.

The Tower of Joy is a filming location this season. Looks like we're going to finally learn about Jon's parentage.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Saw something interesting today.... After Davos finds Jon Snow and the other guys carry him away, Davos looks at the blood print in the snow and the camera focuses on it for awhile. The blood print is sort of the shape of a dragon.

There's also a part before that while Jon is still lying there, the camera angle makes the blood print behind his shoulder look like a wolf head. Then as the camera pans across you see more blood and it's the dragon shape.

The Tower of Joy is a filming location this season. Looks like we're going to finally learn about Jon's parentage.
    NO SPOILERS

(But I agree with the second part)