Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hedman's phantom SHP last night?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Hedman's phantom SHP last night?

Quote Originally Posted by pork_19 View Post
    Just sad what they are doing to create more points and offense!

League is going to shit in that regard!

Allowed to kick it in next year!
    and heard someone talking about the NHL allowing glove passes not just in your own end down the road too!
    Holy man, soon you wont be able to compare records from years past!

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Gretzky's records are safe regardless of what the NHL does down the road.
    Are you sure about that? I can see Crosby getting an additional 50-60 glove pass assists each year now because if this potential new rule...
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

The Great One

I don't think sending a question to the NHL will have any bearing on Hedman's assist.

Rule 32.2 includes: "No requests for changes in any award of points shall be considered unless they are made at or before the conclusion of actual play in the game by the Team Captain, or immediately following the game by a Team representative." (I am presuming that a TB rep did not request Hedman's assist to be taken away.)

The rule on assist is also a bit fuzzy to me. It includes: "An assist is awarded to the player or players (maximum two) who touches the puck prior to the goal scorer, provided no defender plays or possesses the puck in between. Assists can be given to deserving players on a goal that has been awarded by the Referee, if the Official Scorer deems that assists would have been given on the eventual goal anyway. (my emphasis)"

I have NO idea what that second sentence means....although I recall once seeing Wendel Clarke awarded with an assist during a play where he caused a turnover without actually touching the puck. I recall immediately raising that issue at the time with my friend (who is a referee), and my buddy said it was a valid assist.

Maybe this is one of those oddball questions that should be sent to Kerry Fraser for his TSN column...

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I don't think sending a question to the NHL will have any bearing on Hedman's assist.

Rule 32.2 includes: "No requests for changes in any award of points shall be considered unless they are made at or before the conclusion of actual play in the game by the Team Captain, or immediately following the game by a Team representative." (I am presuming that a TB rep did not request Hedman's assist to be taken away.)

The rule on assist is also a bit fuzzy to me. It includes: "An assist is awarded to the player or players (maximum two) who touches the puck prior to the goal scorer, provided no defender plays or possesses the puck in between. Assists can be given to deserving players on a goal that has been awarded by the Referee, if the Official Scorer deems that assists would have been given on the eventual goal anyway. (my emphasis)"

I have NO idea what that second sentence means....although I recall once seeing Wendel Clarke awarded with an assist during a play where he caused a turnover without actually touching the puck. I recall immediately raising that issue at the time with my friend (who is a referee), and my buddy said it was a valid assist.

Maybe this is one of those oddball questions that should be sent to Kerry Fraser for his TSN column...
    That's a good idea, actually. I guess it all comes down to how the NHL, and its officials, have interpreted the phrases "touch[es] the puck" and "deserving players," etc. If the interpretation is broad, then I would imagine that actual physical "touching" of the puck isn't always required; just as minor touching (not amounting to possession) by a defender won't disrupt the play for the purposes of awarding Assists.

If you submit this for Kerry Fraser's column, that would be awesome. Let me know if you decide to go that route. Cheers.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Stud

He should get an assist just for stepping on the ice. Guys been money for me this year, after putting up with all the jack a$$'s in my league putting him down.
    F-Jarvis,Aho,Mittlestadt,Byfield,Berggren,Brink,Chyt il,Dach,Kakko,Kaliyev,
    Cooley,Newhook,Macelli,Marchenko,Meier,Michkov,Per fetti,Reichel,Stankoven

D-Bean,Hutson,Mateychuk,Mintyukov,Seider,Addison,Kor chinski

G-Kotchetkov,Oettinger,Wallstedt,Dostal,Knight,Taras ov

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=2pt,+- (8 count)
    G-Win=2pts,T=1,SO=1,G,A=1 (3 count)

12 Team Dynasty

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I will send that in to Fraser!
    Pork's Squad
    14 team one year H2H league
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG. W, L, GAA, SV%, SO.

C (2)- Giroux, Mackinnon, Pavelski, Mcdavid
    LW (2)- Landeskog, Erikson, Sharp, Soderberg
    RW (2)- Simmonds, Abdelkader, Jagr, Vrbata
    D (4)- Mcdonagh, Johnson, Klingberg
    Util (2)-
    G (2)- Jones, Anderson, Gibson
    IR (2)- RNH

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Desharnais skated into the TB zone, Hedman slashed him in the gloves then Desharnais attempted a drop pass to Vanek at the blueline, Vanek missed the pass and sent Tyler Johnson in on a breakaway which he finished on the backhand (12:41 into the 3rd). For the remainder of the game the goal on every sports site I checked had the goal as unassisted. When I woke up this morning there was an assist added to Victor Hedman, when it was clear he never touched the puck or had any posssession on the play that led to the goal? Why was he later rewarded an assist on that play, and therefore giving everyone in Fantasy Hockey Land a bonus point in the SHP category?

How does that sound?
    Pork's Squad
    14 team one year H2H league
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG. W, L, GAA, SV%, SO.

C (2)- Giroux, Mackinnon, Pavelski, Mcdavid
    LW (2)- Landeskog, Erikson, Sharp, Soderberg
    RW (2)- Simmonds, Abdelkader, Jagr, Vrbata
    D (4)- Mcdonagh, Johnson, Klingberg
    Util (2)-
    G (2)- Jones, Anderson, Gibson
    IR (2)- RNH

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Just sad what they are doing to create more points and offense!

League is going to shit in that regard!

Allowed to kick it in next year!
    and heard someone talking about the NHL allowing glove passes not just in your own end down the road too!
    Holy man, soon you wont be able to compare records from years past!
    This whole comment is just over the top and ridiculous.

Dobber Sports Veteran

That was a legit assist. Hedman's stick contated the puck and the opposing players stick at the same time, which chipped the puck up the boards and created the chance. I was watching the game, and was actually snapping when they DIDN'T originally award Hedman an assist on the play. About 30 minutes later, they made the correction and added the assist and SHP........owners rejoice! That shortie is huge and could make the difference in my battle for the title!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Administrator

Hedman is into this kind of training... mind tricks!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hedman is into this kind of training... mind tricks!

Haha, filthy! Drag the puck through your skates, and then block out the sun with your 6'6" frame so the goalie can't see the puck! For a guy that's only been on my roster for a couple of weeks, Hedman is quickly becoming one one my faves after I started watching the Lightning play.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Haha, filthy! Drag the puck through your skates, and then block out the sun with your 6'6" frame so the goalie can't see the puck! For a guy that's only been on my roster for a couple of weeks, Hedman is quickly becoming one one my faves after I started watching the Lightning play.
    I own him in the dynasty league in my sig. He was already good before this year as a combo player yet people treated him like Steve Eminger in trade talks because he wasn't a scoring machine yet. Easy to keep him and now he's a super beast!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

I own him in the dynasty league in my sig. He was already good before this year as a combo player yet people treated him like Steve Eminger in trade talks because he wasn't a scoring machine yet. Easy to keep him and now he's a super beast!
    I scooped him for free off waivers! He will not be involved in any trade talks, Mr. Hedman won't be going anywhere....super beast is right!

The Great One

Desharnais skated into the TB zone, Hedman slashed him in the gloves then Desharnais attempted a drop pass to Vanek at the blueline, Vanek missed the pass and sent Tyler Johnson in on a breakaway which he finished on the backhand (12:41 into the 3rd). For the remainder of the game the goal on every sports site I checked had the goal as unassisted. When I woke up this morning there was an assist added to Victor Hedman, when it was clear he never touched the puck or had any posssession on the play that led to the goal? Why was he later rewarded an assist on that play, and therefore giving everyone in Fantasy Hockey Land a bonus point in the SHP category?

How does that sound?
    I would probably tone it down a bit by stating, "From my perspective, it appears that..." And I might ask a direct question: how is rule 32.2 applied when it comes to awarding assists? Must a player physically touch the puck in order to be awarded one?

Anyways, hope you submit something and I hope it gets chosen for an article.

Dobber Sports Veteran

How does that sound?
    If this robs me of my shp this week, I will find you

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    I scooped him for free off waivers! He will not be involved in any trade talks, Mr. Hedman won't be going anywhere....super beast is right!
    He was the best trade I made this season. When I traded for him he had 9 points in 20 games (37 point pace) and since then he had 40 points in 50 games (66 point pace). Loving the ride.