Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Byfuglien

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Byfuglien

What are the odds of Byfuglien being designated a F next season a la Brent Burns?
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Byfuglien

Slim for next year, IMO.

He still is playing defense on occasion.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would say Byfuglien keeps his RW/D status next year for sure.

Dobber Sports Ace

Any other thoughts on Byfuglien being designated F next year?
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Stud

On yahoo he will be RW/D.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

He should lose it...

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by SittingRed View Post
    He should lose it...
    I agree. I'm basing this on how loosely Yahoo attaches positions to players.

For example, despite not playing a game on D this year, Burns kept RW/D. And now with his move BACK to D this year, Burns will likely be RW/D again lol.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Currently on ESPN/TSN, he is listed as D/F. Our league doesn't distinguish between LW/C/RW. Not sure if it will carry over until next year though. Hoping though as it will impact my keepers
    14 Team Keeper League
    Keep 15
    Start 9F 5D 1G
    G A PIM GWG W SO OTL

Starters
    F: Pastrnak, Kaprizov, Lafrenniere, Pettersson, Raymond, Byfield, Rossi, Hayton, Arvidsson
    D: Seider, Hanifin, Drysdale, Boqvist, Shultz
    G: Demko

Bench:
    F: Pelletier, Noesen
    D: Lundkvist, Hutson, Nikishin, Addison, Spence, York, Zamula
    G: Levi, Wolf

IR: Fantilli, Sergachev

Dobber Sports Prodigy

We'll it totally depends on what site you use for your league. Yahoo's eligibility has no real rhyme or reason so I wouldn't count on them getting it right

Dobber Sports Veteran

Am I the only one that thinks the proper way to do positioning is to have defensemen keep their forward eligibility? It's not a huge deal in one year leagues giving a D man like Buff RW eligibility - it just means he will get drafted sooner.

But in keeper leagues taking away an eligibility like that really screws everyone over. If you draft a D man as a D man, and he switches to forward, you shouldn't get D revoked and have your team be screwed over.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks the proper way to do positioning is to have defensemen keep their forward eligibility? It's not a huge deal in one year leagues giving a D man like Buff RW eligibility - it just means he will get drafted sooner.

But in keeper leagues taking away an eligibility like that really screws everyone over. If you draft a D man as a D man, and he switches to forward, you shouldn't get D revoked and have your team be screwed over.
    I completely agree with this statement. My belief is that players should maintain eligibility for any position that they have shown they can play at the NHL level. This means that players like Burns and Byfuglien should always maintain their D/RW position eligibility since they have the ability to play both.

Dobber Sports Novice

Big buff is now listed as rw on nhl.com. Burns is back to being listed a a D.
    The Rebuild:

Goalies: Price, Schneider
    Defence: Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Carlson, Schultz, Barrie, Leddy
    Forwards: Crosby, Benn, Bergeron, JVR, Turris, Skinner, E. Kane, Huberdeau, Galchenyuk, Tarasenko, Granlund, MJ90

Points Only Keeper - Donating $$$ since 2009

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yahoo has been getting more liberal on positional flexibility each year. My money is RW/D in Yahoo and likely (starting out) RW on ESPN and CBS.
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category

Dobber Sports Veteran

FanTrax still has Buff listed as F/D, for whatever that's worth.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post

As a default rule, I have to disagree for leagues that have D v F positions. A typical Dman that becomes a forward can see a significant spike in point totals - even a middling forward who puts up 40 pts is worth quite a bit more as a fantasy dman. It gives the owner a huge advantage potentially, which isn't fair, since the guy is racking up those points as a fwd. It gets worse when you consider other categories, like SOG.

Burns is a good example of that - they guy always had the potential to be a 40-50 pt dman and did put up 46 and 43 during his time wiht the Wild. But as a forward last year he put up 48 in 69, prorated that's a 57 pt pace.

Byfulgien is actually a rare example of where it probably doesn't make a difference - that guy puts up 60+ pts wherever he plays, and a ton of SOG - if anyting, for Byfuglien, moving to forward may HURT his production.

But the default rule, to me, is that once a Dman has obvously been moved to Fwd, you can no longer allow his owne rto play him as a Dman, even in keeper leagues. You can deal with the perceived unfairness of that by reassessing each year, and so that the eligibility change is not permanent.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper