Thread: WW options?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default WW options?

I am looking to shake things up on the blue line, there is some fairly strong D options left available on the WW and I was also looking at acquiring a keeper D off another GM possibly shatty or maybe Letang.

Here are some of the D on the waiver wire:

-Christian Ehrhoff
    -Mark Streit
    -Sergei Gonchar
    -Patrick Wiercioch
    -Paul Martin(IR)
    -Alex Edler(IR)
    -Francois Beauchemin

I would be looking for some advice on who I should drop (if any) for one of these guys. thanks
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray

I...am your father.

Default Re: WW options?

I don't see anyone on your list as an upgrade on D for you, but if you drop Cogliano and pick up Martin and put Martin on your IR. Then pick up Ehrhoff for your bench to see if this keeps up. Then you could trade he and Schultz for Letang later in the season, or something like that.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Sage

Since you are in a multi-cat format with hits, I would stash Edler on the IR if I were you. He is having a bad year so far, but his value in a format like yours is still pretty good because he lays hits and racks decent PMs. He has been so bad that it cant be long after he returns to the lineup that a positive regression towards his usual numbers will occur. Plenty of room to grow his +/- and PPP numbers.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Im using up my 1 IR spot on my roster with Rinne at the moment, both suggestions are solid. Edler's situation concerns me because they haven't released any information about his injury and they are saying his injury could be "out indefinitely"..so what I think I will do is a bit of both of the two suggestions you guys gave me. Pick up Ehroff and drop Cogliano , if Edler is still free when Rinne comes off IR I will pick up edler and stash him on my IR. then down the road I will use those guys as trade bait for a top 10 or so defenceman..... that's if everything works out! my teams in a world of hurt right now with injurys ( Rinne,malkin, neal sspd,hedman,lecavlier) so lets see how that works.
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray