Thread: What to do with Eriksson?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default What to do with Eriksson?

League in Sig.
    Currently have Eriksson as one of my keepers for next year, but his concussion issues scare me a lot. As of right now I've decided to not keep a goalie as I'm confident I can plug that hole easily in the draft.
    Am I making the right decision to keep him, or should I maybe keep Burrows, or a goalie?
    Burrows is a bit of a attraction for me with his PIMS.
    My team has made large strides this year, and I strongly believe I should be able to finish top 5 next year, especially if Hubs and Barkov have strong seasons next year.
    Any advice/suggestions appreciated as always.

Thanks.
    14 Team keeper
    Keep 16
    Scoring Stats: G(1) A(1) PIM(.2) GWG(1)
    Goalie Stats: W(2) SO(3) OTL(1)
    Start 9 F 6 D 1 G

F: R.Getzlaf, Schwartz ,A.Kopitar,T.Seguin, J.Benn, Krejci ,P.Kessel,J.Thornton,S.Hartnell
    D: Ristolainen ,Letang,Carlson,K.Yandle,B.Burns,D.Doughty

G:Schneider
    Bench:T.Bozak,E.Lindholm,Gaborik,Jagr,F.Nielsen,Br ouwer,Hornqvist E.Staal

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: What to do with Eriksson?

Keep Rinne over Eriksson and Burrows!

Eriksson isn't the same player anymore. He was sneaky good in Dallas, but injuries really have taken their toll on him over the years. As far as Burrows, you can't have much of a worse season than what he has had (unless your name is Nail Yakupov). Both guys are on the downside of their careers and with Rinne, you'll have an elite goaltender who will be 100% healthy next season.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would agree with MillerTime89. I gave up a 1st rounder and prospect to get him last year with the hope that he would be a keeper and push me over the top for a run at the championship but with the concussion issues (and him being stuck on the 3rd line) he has been more of a liability than an asset. He is starting to turn it around a bit but I think there will be a lot of people wary of him going into next years draft so he could be available as a mid-round pick. The same can't be said for Rinne who would most definately be picked in the 1st or 2nd round if you dropped him so I would hang on to him.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd protect Rinne over L.Eriksson, but why keep only one; I'd be keeping both of them and dumping Tyler Myers.

As for Eriksson's concussion history, it's definitely something to keep in the back of your mind (see what I did there?). The reality of it is that sure he could miss significant amounts of games IF he suffers another concussion. The fact is, NOT counting this season, he's missed only 3 games over the past 5 seasons! Wow, did not know that. I'd be comfortable keeping Loui Loui, but if he's clipping along at a decent pace next year (after maybe a long playoff run this year), then I give him the Zetterberg treatment. In one of my leagues, I had Zetts and his bad back. I was concerned about him missing significant chunks of time, so one year, when he was doing very well, I dealt him as part of a package for a slumping Ovi. If you can do something like that, it would be worth the risk to dump Myers and keep Eriksson.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    As for Eriksson's concussion history, it's definitely something to keep in the back of your mind (see what I did there?).
    Stop beating me over the head with tasteless jokes!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

In a league with 14 teams and where 3 of the 7 scoring categories are earned by goalies, I think you have to keep Rinne.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11