Thread: Please evaluate this trade for me

Banned

Default Please evaluate this trade for me

Hey guys,

On March 6th, our trade deadline I traded Ovechkin, Sharp and Niemi for Backstrom (injured now), P Kane(out for the year), and Halak(injured but came back yesterday) (there were a couple very minor parts to the deal too)

I did this cause I didn't like Niemi's benches with Stalock starting a lot.

The league I was in was very close with 1st - 6th separated by approx. 25 pts.

Ovechkin I figured will miss some time because his dad's illness during Olympics, and I figured Backstrom = Ovechkin for points.

I thought Kane would beat Sharp for points down the road

And I took the gamble on Halak in Washington which appeared a safe bet.

Needles to say, now this trade has me out of contention for good, and my season is over.

Sometimes fantasy hockey is tough to take, and this deal is tough for me

Anyways, its more a vent than anything but I was looking forward to winning the league.

Now with these injuries as well as Malkin out for the year I can look forward to draft day in September.

BOOOO

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Please evaluate this trade for me

Ouch. As a Malkin owner myself this is a nice reminder that things could be worse.

Although I will say that I probably wouldn't have done that deal.

I...am your father.

You did the right move here, but that's 100% horrible luck. Wow! Nobody can feel bad about their luck now
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

Yep, it was an all in move Dobber. Should have been good for the win, but now probably finish 5th.

It's the beauty of fantasy hockey while at the same time its the curse...

Dobber Sports Ninja

In a points only league, that move was solid. Unfortunate luck with injuries though. Better luck next year Dutch.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

Hard luck for sure, but even before the injuries, I wouldn't have been happy with that deal, to be completely honest.

You downgraded Ovechkin to Backstrom and Niemi to Halak to upgrade Sharp to P. Kane.

I don't want to make you feel any worse, but I doubt you would have won the league even if the injuries didn't occur, so maybe that will make you feel a bit better.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Banned

thanks Comish, better luck indeed. Got lots of time to prepare now.

Seadawg, it's only a 1 year league anyway. Niemi doesn't start enough for me to be happy with it. The move made a lot of sense, but oh well

Its all over now anyways