Thread: Jarnkrok doing well in Nashville

Dobber Sports Master

Default Jarnkrok doing well in Nashville

I noticed that Calle Jarnkrok has three points in his three games with the Predators, and he seemed like he was always in on the attack when I watched the highlights of the game last night vs. Colorado. Our keeper league allowed for two extra "adds" to our roster (mostly for playoff bound teams), but I used one of my extra adds to grab Jarnkrok. Who knows what he will become, although he apparently meshed well with Filip Forsberg while in Milwaukee. Anyone care to speculate on what sort of future this guy will have in the NHL? Is he worth keeping over any of the guys on the 1st team in my sig (I keep 15 at season's end)?? All opinions appreciated.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

I...am your father.

Default Re: Jarnkrok doing well in Nashville

To be honest, he'll be there for his two-way play and not his offense. Like a better Nick Spaling, with points worthy of a typical Pred - in that 45-55 range. Definitely not in your Top 15
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Master

Any chance his future involves being on a line with Forsberg, and thus, bumping those potential points totals???

F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    To be honest, he'll be there for his two-way play and not his offense. Like a better Nick Spaling, with points worthy of a typical Pred - in that 45-55 range. Definitely not in your Top 15
    I think this is pretty accurate regardless of what line he's on, he's not top 15.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    he;s not known for two-way play

Dobber Sports Master

Yeah, I was under the understanding that he had great offensive tools, but was a bit on the small side. Did I miss something here??

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Yeah, I was under the understanding that he had great offensive tools, but was a bit on the small side. Did I miss something here??
    Never been a big fan from a fantasy perspective. He'll be responsible in his own end but I wouldn't expect he'll ever put up big offensive numbers, especially as long as he's in Nashville.

Dobber Sports Ace

I remember Angus ranking him in his top 10 prospects list a year or two ago.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    A pre-trade to Nashville analysis though, he would have better production in DET and be ahead of guys like Jurco and Sheahan in the pecking order too.... Prospects upsides can also vary considerably from year to year... eg Dane Fox..
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    I bet Schroeder was there too lol