Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Turdis show

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Kyle Turdis show

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Not sure it really matters where, let alone if a player is drafted. Sure I get it, the higher the pick, the higher the expectations, but you are talking about projecting 17 and 18 year old kids as potential for NHL stardom. Not an exact science. You wanna call Turris a bust based on his high draft position, no problem, won't mean a thing to him. He's looking like a decent second line center with potential for short-term first line duties. I think 70 points is a possibility, depending on linemates and a decent top line to take away the top checkers. The draft just gets you assigned a team, the rest is up to the player, high pick or not, ya gotta want it bad enough...in addition to having the talent.

not true. where you get drafted is HUGE. nhl teams pay a ton of $$$ to ensure their 'selections' are correct. it is not an exact science as you stated but the system along with draft combines etc are setup to ensure accuracy. When your drafted 3rd OVERALL the expectation is that you will develop into a high end player who puts up big #'s. most are hits many are busts....and when i say bust...i say bust based on draft selection v.s performance....if turdis was a 2nd rder or 3rd rder than being a 'bust' isnt even mentioned.

people need to take off the 'nhl player' glasses for a moment and ONLY COMPARE turris to top 3 draft picks in past 10 years to see where he ranks NOT the top 5 because he went top 3!!!!!!

turdis is indeed a 2nd liner with 1st line potential on 'some' teams, i mean if bozak is a top liner so can turris. the difference is that Bozak was an FA signing out of college and Turdis was...get ready...again...a TOP 3 pick!!!!!!

no matter how someone twists this the fact remains if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck...its a duck....Turdis IS a bust. period. He will never meet the expectations that were placed upon him as a top 3 pick. he has dissapointed the scouts and i am sure they will think twice before drafting another Jr. B hero.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Fair enough. I shoulda looked more closely.
    Benn was an absolute steal. But my point was that he might've been taken 7-8 spots too early, but that's far from a bust.
    I definitely agree with TM. Turris is a 'bust' considering he was drafted 3rd overall.

Doesn't mean he isn't a quality NHLer. I do think he is fantasy worthy; even in points only leagues.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    not true. where you get drafted is HUGE. nhl teams pay a ton of $$$ to ensure their 'selections' are correct. it is not an exact science as you stated but the system along with draft combines etc are setup to ensure accuracy. When your drafted 3rd OVERALL the expectation is that you will develop into a high end player who puts up big #'s. most are hits many are busts....and when i say bust...i say bust based on draft selection v.s performance....if turdis was a 2nd rder or 3rd rder than being a 'bust' isnt even mentioned.

people need to take off the 'nhl player' glasses for a moment and ONLY COMPARE turris to top 3 draft picks in past 10 years to see where he ranks NOT the top 5 because he went top 3!!!!!!

turdis is indeed a 2nd liner with 1st line potential on 'some' teams, i mean if bozak is a top liner so can turris. the difference is that Bozak was an FA signing out of college and Turdis was...get ready...again...a TOP 3 pick!!!!!!

no matter how someone twists this the fact remains if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck...its a duck....Turdis IS a bust. period. He will never meet the expectations that were placed upon him as a top 3 pick. he has dissapointed the scouts and i am sure they will think twice before drafting another Jr. B hero.
    Turris would be farther along if he wasn't rushed by Phoenix. You will see him become the player everyone though he would be. He's already shown us fans here in Ottawa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Not sure it really matters where, let alone if a player is drafted. Sure I get it, the higher the pick, the higher the expectations, but you are talking about projecting 17 and 18 year old kids as potential for NHL stardom. Not an exact science. You wanna call Turris a bust based on his high draft position, no problem, won't mean a thing to him. He's looking like a decent second line center with potential for short-term first line duties. I think 70 points is a possibility, depending on linemates and a decent top line to take away the top checkers. The draft just gets you assigned a team, the rest is up to the player, high pick or not, ya gotta want it bad enough...in addition to having the talent.
    It doesn't matter...it's like when people think Mika Zibanejad will be some star because he was picked 6th overall, when a guy like Curtis Lazar has more potential and was picked 17th or whatever it was.

Dobber Sports Stud

this rushed by phoenix excuse is zzzzz...boring......

did you type curtis lazar? the next patrick o sullivan????

finally it does matter where your drafted. not to the player obviously because any player will take his 'shot' at the 'show'. IT MATTERS to NHL teams who spend mega $$ to draft properly.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I definitely agree with TM. Turris is a 'bust' considering he was drafted 3rd overall.

Doesn't mean he isn't a quality NHLer. I do think he is fantasy worthy; even in points only leagues.
    In any other year from the last ten, Turris could be considered a bust. Looking at the Top 10 from the 2007 draft -

1 - Patrick Kane
    2 - JVR
    3 - Kyle Turris
    4 - Thomas Hickey
    5 - Karl Alzner
    6 - Sam Gagner
    7 - Jake Voracek
    8 - Zach Hamill
    9 - Logan Couture
    10 - Keaton Ellerby

Only 2 of the top 10 are clearly above Turris (Voracek & Couture). There are 3 who are WAY below Turris (Hickey, Hamill and Ellerby).

All in all, Turris should not be a Top 3 pick in any year other than this one, but he is just as much a product of a weak draft year as he is a "bust"
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    In any other year from the last ten, Turris could be considered a bust. Looking at the Top 10 from the 2007 draft -

1 - Patrick Kane
    2 - JVR
    3 - Kyle Turris
    4 - Thomas Hickey
    5 - Karl Alzner
    6 - Sam Gagner
    7 - Jake Voracek
    8 - Zach Hamill
    9 - Logan Couture
    10 - Keaton Ellerby

Only 2 of the top 10 are clearly above Turris (Voracek & Couture). There are 3 who are WAY below Turris (Hickey, Hamill and Ellerby).

All in all, Turris should not be a Top 3 pick in any year other than this one, but he is just as much a product of a weak draft year as he is a "bust"
    2007 was a weak draft indeed.

hey...whatever happened to the once highly touted angelo esposito!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Wanna talk about a real bust? How about David Rundblad ... The Senators really didn't pay much (Rundblad + 2nd round) to land Turris, and I would agree with Axeman. It's definitely a win.
    To be fair, Ottawa also passed on the chance to draft Tarasenko in order to trade for Rundblad...

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    To be fair, Ottawa also passed on the chance to draft Tarasenko in order to trade for Rundblad...
    Ahh, hindsight. If only every GM/scout in the NHL had it and could use it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Think there is more to this story though....since the 2006 draft Ottawa has drafted (1) Czech player (2010) and (1) Russian player (2007). (55 draft picks in there)

I was hoping that they would draft Tarasenko as well, but I was also excited to see Rundblad, who was drafted one year earlier and possibly more ready......sigh.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Superstar

I don't know how I missed this before but... tequilamonster is a Dobber alias designed to drum up traffic for the forums
    I may have to agree with this "conspiracy theory" - dobber you gotta get back on your meds "shameless" lol
    not a great year for draft 2007 - 20\20 hindsight is always good. In top 10 only couture and maybe Voracek ahead of him. At least he is still in the NHL.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Veteran

What, Crosby's lighting it up, so you had to find another player to flame? Yawn....
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Ace

I don't know how I missed this before but... tequilamonster is a Dobber alias designed to drum up traffic for the forums
    Not Dobber but TM is an alias for another frequent poster here. It's fairly well known amongst long time members.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    Not Dobber but TM is an alias for another frequent poster here. It's fairly well known amongst long time members.
    Oooooooo, juicy! I'm a long time member and had no idea, do tell! Just out him so we can not take the rest of his posts seriously too.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Oooooooo, juicy! I'm a long time member and had no idea, do tell! Just out him so we can not take the rest of his posts seriously too.
    Tell us now. I feel we've earned it.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Two On One View Post
    Why not let him pen a weekly article??
    :-o
    Yes please! I probably won't take his advice, but I will read it and smile.
    10 team pts-only keeper league - keep 10 plus 10 from past/present farm. No bench: entire active roster counts. Goalies: 2 pts/win + 3/shutout. 82 adds / year. NHL playoffs count for separate prize.

F: J Eichel, M Tkachuk, J Guentzel, E Pettersson, P Laine, R Thomas, C Kreider, M Boldy, J Kyrou, M Backlund, F Vatrano, N Niederreiter, R Rakell, M Marchment, M Domi
    D: A Fox, S Theodore, R Andersson, B Montour, S Durzi, D Keith
    G: F Andersen, S Knight, J Swayman
    IR: J Hughes, M Stone, M Grzelcyk, S Perunovich
    Farm: L Raymond, O Wahlstrom, S Skinner, C Addison, Y Chinakhov, J Perreault