Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Turdis show

I...am your father.

Default Re: Kyle Turdis show

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    did you just compare carey price to turdis?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

price is the real deal. turdis is chinese knock off goods.
    Not at all. I tried hard to think of a controversial post to start, and made a shitty suggestion. I'm not as good as you at this, that's why it's good to have you back
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    No way IMO, he's more than serviceable NHLer. Serviceable NHLers are fourth liners. I think he will be like Bergeron more so than those lesser players.
    OK, maybe serviceable was too strong a word, but he ain't no Patrice Bergeron either. Bergeron may have the same number of points currently, but he also plays in his own end of the rink too. He plays with heart, and is the guy I would pick 10 out of 10 times to be on my team if it came down between him and Turris.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    OK, maybe serviceable was too strong a word, but he ain't no Patrice Bergeron either. Bergeron may have the same number of points currently, but he also plays in his own end of the rink too. He plays with heart, and is the guy I would pick 10 out of 10 times to be on my team if it came down between him and Turris.
    I didn't say I wouldn't take Bergeron over him (I would 100%) but if you are implying that Turris doesn't play in his own end and doesn't have heart then I can tell you that this isn't the case. The fact that he is a two-way player limits his points actually. He's a +16 on the second worst defensive club in the league this year (in terms of goals against).

Turris is already starting to develop into that kind of player. With a full healthy season of Ryan by his side, he can break 70 next year.

The Great One

I love Turris' release.

Dobber Sports Deity

This has nothing to do with stats, and nothing to do with his play. It's a personal thing. Always has been with you and Turris. I think he stole your girlfriend in elementary school or something.

It's like you and Sidney Crosby. It's just a personal thing.

You need to get over it. Losing your girlfriend was a long time ago. You will find another one, someday, I hope.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

dobber said it best. in hindsight he was MAYBE worthy of a 17th overall pick NOT a 3rd overall!!!!!!!!
    Take a look at the rest of that draft. He's top 8 for sure.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Take a look at the rest of that draft. He's top 8 for sure.
    Not so sure.

In no particular order.....

1. Kane
    2. JVR
    3. Subban
    4. Benn
    5. Couture
    6. McDonagh
    7. Shattenkirk
    8. Pacioretty

Give me all of those guys before Turris.

Then theres guys like Voracek Perron Simmonds who you could make a case for too.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    This has nothing to do with stats, and nothing to do with his play. It's a personal thing. Always has been with you and Turris. I think he stole your girlfriend in elementary school or something.

It's like you and Sidney Crosby. It's just a personal thing.

You need to get over it. Losing your girlfriend was a long time ago. You will find another one, someday, I hope.
    really?

turris is west coast, crosby is east coast. i guess i lived on both coasts!!!!

personal? no offence bro, playing aside. your crazy. its a fanatsy hockey forum. their is no deep rooted hate. am i the only one who does not like crosbys attitude?????? he has MANY people who do not like his attitude.

Turdis? stole my girlfriend?

again...

really???

lol

Dobber Sports Ace

Haha... I still can't get over the fact that Dobber specially made an avatar for TM. Why not let him pen a weekly article??
    :-o
    Yahoo! H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, Daily starts
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, IR, 3IR+
    Used 41/45 moves
    ---------------------
    C} Matthews, Barkov, Hertl
    LW} B.Tkachuk(C), Guentzel, Nichushkin(RW)
    RW} Miller(C), Rust, Schmaltz(C)
    D} Josi, Fox, Dobson, Carlson
    G} Nedeljkovic, Daccord, Grubauer, Pickard
    IR} Demko
    IR+} Neighbours

via GIPHY

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

How am I supposed to watch a Sens game now and not think of "Turdis" before "Turris" ?????????

Dobber Sports Deity

really?

turris is west coast, crosby is east coast. i guess i lived on both coasts!!!!

personal? no offence bro, playing aside. your crazy. its a fanatsy hockey forum. their is no deep rooted hate. am i the only one who does not like crosbys attitude?????? he has MANY people who do not like his attitude.

Turdis? stole my girlfriend?

again...

really???

lol
    I knew I'd get ya to laugh with that one.

I really did miss you.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Not so sure.

1. Kane
    2. JVR
    3. Subban
    4. Benn
    5. Couture
    6. McDonagh
    7. Shattenkirk
    8. Pacioretty

Then theres guys like Voracek Perron Simmonds who you could make a case for too.
    a lot of those guys are second rounders etc. those don't count when comparing the first rounders. Nobody was going to take Subban, Benn, etc. in the first.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Not so sure.

1. Kane
    2. JVR
    3. Subban
    4. Benn
    5. Couture
    6. McDonagh
    7. Shattenkirk
    8. Pacioretty

Fair enough. I shoulda looked more closely.
    Benn was an absolute steal. But my point was that he might've been taken 7-8 spots too early, but that's far from a bust.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Ninja

Not sure it really matters where, let alone if a player is drafted. Sure I get it, the higher the pick, the higher the expectations, but you are talking about projecting 17 and 18 year old kids as potential for NHL stardom. Not an exact science. You wanna call Turris a bust based on his high draft position, no problem, won't mean a thing to him. He's looking like a decent second line center with potential for short-term first line duties. I think 70 points is a possibility, depending on linemates and a decent top line to take away the top checkers. The draft just gets you assigned a team, the rest is up to the player, high pick or not, ya gotta want it bad enough...in addition to having the talent.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Awesome stuff - you'll get 40 replies to your thread within an hour. Haven't seen that in awhile (other than my mailbags). Well done! What's next - Carey Price is not a Top 10 goalie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Not at all. I tried hard to think of a controversial post to start, and made a shitty suggestion. I'm not as good as you at this, that's why it's good to have you back
    Quote Originally Posted by Two On One View Post
    Haha... I still can't get over the fact that Dobber specially made an avatar for TM. Why not let him pen a weekly article??
    :-o
    I don't know how I missed this before but... tequilamonster is a Dobber alias designed to drum up traffic for the forums
    Without me, it's only "aweso".