Thread: Blake Wheeler crashes into boards

I...am your father.

Default Blake Wheeler crashes into boards

Later, he was back in the game, but man did this look bad:

The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Default Re: Blake Wheeler crashes into boards

And you know what - it looked like the idiot Dallas player was taking his time closing the door, and he turned and stared at Wheeler like a dumbass rather than push the door shut
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Administrator

That would be Garbutt standing at the door.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Wheeler is one of a handful of NHL players I don't care for.
    Kid is a little b!tch, my opinion.

1. NHL players that are really hurt bad don't writhe in pain like that. I've played several sports for a long time (over 30 years now) and I've had several serious injuries. Not once, ever, have I twisted & turned in pain like that. And my friends (the good hard-working players) have never rolled in pain like that either. That's ******* stuff there. If you are hurt and need to lay on the ice for over a minute... you are DONE FOR THE PERIOD. Rolling in pain is b!tch soccer-sh!t.

2. But Blake Wheeler (who would fit in well in Serie A) is well enough to be back on the ice 4min later (out at 4:29 left 3rd, back at 0:11 left in 3rd), for the critical end shift... even though his temporary replacement (O'Dell) is probably a better defensive player than him and went on for Little in the final minute. Oh... but wait... 11 seconds left and Dallas has pulled their goalie. An empty-net opportunity to score - I AM BLAKE WHEELER... AND I AM OK, COACH. I'll go in coach, maybe we can win the game 3-1 instead of 2-1.

3. Wheeler's career fight-card is a list of little tantrums he's thrown:
    Feb 2010 vs. Ryan O'Byrne. "I didn't like the way you checked me."
    Feb 2012 vs. PK Subban. "I didn't like the way you tried to check me."
    Mar 2014 vs. B.Jackman. "I'm going to hold you in a headlock from behind... and expect that's OK."

psh. Thumbs down on Wheeler. Primadonna. He wasn't hurt.

Dobber Sports Genius

Good gravy, Pengwin. I guess because you've had some injuries in the past you know exactly how hurt Wheeler was. I guess you skate as fast as Wheeler, in a game as fast as the NHL, against players as strong as those that are in the NHL, and you're perfectly equipped to pass judgement when any player shows that they're in some pain. You and your hard-working friends will be our 'tough guy' measuring sticks.

Over a minute? By my count he was up in about 40 seconds, which is fast, considering how brutal the impact looked.

O'Dell is a better defensive player? I'd argue that, but that's beside the point. The Jets were DOWN in the game, trying to tie it up. Why would they want a better defensive player on the ice? Dallas did not pull their goalie, the Jets did, and they needed Wheeler's speed and skill out there, and he stepped up. You think he was feeling good and fresh after that hit? Wake up. This guy has shown a will to win that is frankly refreshing for this team.

I agree, Dobber, that gate should have been closed. There was plenty of time for that gate to be shut and that was unacceptable.