Thread: Senators: From the Net Out - Why the Season Went Bad

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Senators: From the Net Out - Why the Season Went Bad

Hey all, I write over at Dobber prospects as some of you may know. Take a few mins and have a look at my first published article at Hockey Writers. There is far too little Sens discussions out... I look fwd to discussing you views!

http://thehockeywriters.com/ottawa-s...eason-went-bad

Hope to hear from you!

Brad.

I...am your father.

Default Re: Senators: From the Net Out - Why the Season Went Bad

Congrats on the new gig sir

Nice debut
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

Leadership has been the number one issue this season. Once spezza is dealt this offseason everything from the net out will improve. Summer of change is coming. Guys like Cowen will improve, we will be adding character energy guys like lazar.

Dobber Sports Novice

Can't disagree with you on the leadership. Alfie was a HUGE loss.. However it is just one of the issues they have run into. Number one need IMO is a stronger defensive system. I would be surprised if Spezza gets moved. It is very interesting to think of what Murray may be able to get in return for him though. Lets not forget he was a #2 draft pick at one time, those are hard to replace... and if he could stay away from the blind drop passes he is still very valuable to this team. Perhaps not as the captain though. What really scares me is, there may be more issues in ownership/management/coaching than on the ice. Far harder to correct those, especially if the problem starts at the top.