Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Rinne

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default What happened to Rinne

I know he's coming off of a serious injury but do you think he is still an elite goalie? Is this season just a wash because he hasn't been able to get into a groove since being injured.
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray

I...am your father.

Default Re: What happened to Rinne

I think he is, but you can probably write him off for this year. But a contract like that, he'll get every chance he can.

*all bets are off though, if Barry Trotz gets fired.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

Coming off long layoff is tough on goalies. I think next year he will be fine. It takes sometime to get back in to the swing of things for goalies. It good to see him play this year, so he is not starting from scratch next year.
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

Dobber Sports Stud

I think he'll be fine as well - considering how much time he has had off it's hard to expect him to come back and play to his potential within a few weeks. I agree things could change if Trotz is let go, but given the make up of the team and the lack of elite talent up front I think Nashville will rely on a strong defensive system going forward regardless of who is behind the bench. I have in a limited keeper (keep 5) and am holding on to him for next year.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm not as confident that's he's still elite, or even a top 5 fantasy goalie anymore but considering how he's played since returning from a serious injury, you have to have faith that he's on track to regain his place "near" the top. I think hes looked good.

Dobber Sports Monster

Agreed. This year is done, wash out of your brain and chalk it up to an injury year. Restore confidence in him next year, he'll be solid. Not elite as in top 3, but most definiately top 8-10.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

So you guys suggest dropping him ASAP. and go with a back up from an elite team AKA San Jose, Pitt, Chicago, He is UFA in my keeper league and I lose him end of this year. 10-12 games left and goalie stats just knocked me out of 2nd place to 4th with 3 weeks left. Look at goalies in Sig and advise. PLEEEEESE
    F: Kunitz(K), Skinner(K), J.Williams, D.Sedin, Forsberg, Plekanec, Vermette, R.Smith, Kopitar(K), Hartnell, Vanek, Oshie(K), Simmonds(K), Teravainen, B.Richards, Perreault
    D: Weber, Carlson, Vatanen, Franson, Sekera, Edler(K)
    G: Niemi, Stalock, Schneider

Cats:G,A,Pim,+\-,PPP,SHP,Shots,Blocks, W,GAA,SV%
    11 team 25 man roster (1-IR) Roto Keeper $200 budget auction draft (3-8) keeper 2 yr max 4 goalie Max unless NA/IR

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Vonibs View Post
    So you guys suggest dropping him ASAP. and go with a back up from an elite team AKA San Jose, Pitt, Chicago, He is UFA in my keeper league and I lose him end of this year. 10-12 games left and goalie stats just knocked me out of 2nd place to 4th with 3 weeks left. Look at goalies in Sig and advise. PLEEEEESE

Depending on which team I'm not sure you'll get many good starts (or any starts) out of a backup from a good team as their starters round into playoff form.. I'd roll with Rinne the rest of the way. He'll play more. He won't suck this bad for too long...

You could always try and roll with a Stalock, hoping he gets more games but Niemi has been played a lot lately and I'm not sure how many starts you'll get. Lethonen should be on his way back but otherwise, I would not say goaltending is your strength with only Fleury as a goalie able to generate a lot of points.

Crawford is playing dynamite in Chicago.. Niemi is good in SJS and you already have the backup in PIT but he is a handcuff.. I might stick with Rinne and hope, if I was you. Otherwise, is someone like Andersen, Scrivens, Fasth, Bryzgalov.. available? Might have more luck finding a goalie in a duo situation..
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Sophomore

THANKS >> Despite being pulled after allowing four goals against the lowly Flames Friday night, we expect Pekka Rinne to start Sunday against Chicago.
    Preds' coach Barry Trotz said that three of those goals were not Rinne's fault. Given how well he has played since his return from injury, Rinne has quite a bit of slack. We suggest you stick by him. Anyone can have an off night. AGAINST CHICAGO! This was Just posted in Yahoo . Just picked up Zatkoff for todays start. I could drop him. 4-5 goalie max in my league. Fasth is avail but I dont trust EDM Dfence . My goalies will make or break my season down the stretch. Stalock could be good as San jose might rest Niemi. Oh and I have 23 man games left in Nets. Have Lehts set to play Ott this aft as well ?
    F: Kunitz(K), Skinner(K), J.Williams, D.Sedin, Forsberg, Plekanec, Vermette, R.Smith, Kopitar(K), Hartnell, Vanek, Oshie(K), Simmonds(K), Teravainen, B.Richards, Perreault

11 team 25 man roster (1-IR) Roto Keeper $200 budget auction draft (3-8) keeper 2 yr max 4 goalie Max unless NA/IR

Dobber Sports Master

Yes I think Lethonen will play today. Check goalie post or leftwinglock.

I would roll with Rinne rest of the way. Yes SJS played Stalock a lot, but they are warming up Niemi now. He sat out a lot of games about a month ago..
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks again..so you would start Rinne vs Chicago after that awful game last night.? Preds basically out of race.. such a tough call

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Vonibs View Post
    Thanks again..so you would start Rinne vs Chicago after that awful game last night.? Preds basically out of race.. such a tough call
    What are your other options? How many starts do you have daily?
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I have two starts daily and can hold 4 goalies Max at all times. The 5 goalie has to be on IR (Harding) I have 22-23 Man games left to play in goal for the season then all goalie stats stop. So 3 weeks to play them .. Sunday MAF home to St.Lou and Rinne @ Chicago. I can play neither if I want ? Maybe Zatkoff plays again? who knows. Maybe pick up Enroth to spot start vs Van? who knows.? But I am now last in Sv% and falling in GAA. Middle of the pack in Wins. and Shutouts near top. The goalies will make my season at this point . Currently out of the money

Dobber Sports Initiate

My thread just got Hijacked Haha, so I was hoping rinne is just trying to break into from and this is is he teams really put on the push so he's facing top effort from the opposition every night
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray

Dobber Sports Genius

I think he'll fall out of the elite conversation yet remain high on the overall list.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar