Thread: Looking for 1 GM for 4th season of dynasty league

Dobber Sports Novice

Exclamation Looking for 1 GM for 4th season of dynasty league

Hello again, Dobberites.

It's that time of the year again, where the guys who think they love dynasty leagues decide to quit because the going got tough. Right now we're in need of 1 GM and not surpisingly the team in question finished in last place this season and not much better last season.

About the league;

- 20 teams with managers spanning multiple countries. It's divided into 2 conferences of 10 teams with each conference consisting of 2 divisions of 5 teams.
    - H2H format with a playoff system that mimics the old NHL format, top 12 of 20 teams make playoffs.
    - 12 total stats, 8 for skaters and 4 for goalies. We use advanced stats such as Hits, Blocks and Short-handed Time-on-ice average, as well as the core stats. No PIMS.
    - Fully established league constitution, with yearly additions and expansion. I won't get into details but basically we mimic the NHL as much as possible.
    - We use Fantrax as the hosting site and Proboards as our primary method of communication and tracking league transactions.
    - We have a yearly 5 round entry draft, with a weighted lottery system for the bottom 3 teams. No snaking round to round.
    - We have a 27 man farm system and 23 man pro rosters for a total of 50 contracts, same as the NHL. Pro rosters consist of 3 C,RW,LW, 6D, 1 Util and 1G starting positions with 6 bench spots. No minor league requirements.
    - We use a salary cap, with real life NHL salaries - not cap hits - being used. Our 2014-15 season figures will be $80,000,000.
    - Seasonal entry fee of $30CAD plus one time fee of $15CAD as your "franchise buy-in" portion of our Fantrax Life-Time Membership. $15CAD fee is refunded if you ever decide to leave the league.

If I've left any importout information out I'll add it as I think of it or if it's requested. This team is going to require some serious knowledge and work to turn around. This is a long-term, highly competitive and fun league ideal for the die hard fantasy hockey fans out there so please be honest with yourself; if you're the type who's going to throw in the towel when your team struggles to win then please don't waste my time or your own time. This league will not be for you. If you are interested in what you've read and would like to put in an application to join us, please contact [email protected]

You will then be emailed a short questionnaire that you will need to fill out and return. We use this to gauge your general hockey knowledge, fantasy experience, mangerial style and expectations. This is not a first come, first serve league so please be patient as we sort through applications to find the best fit. If you're selected as the finalist for the position you will be contacted and provided a full copy of the league constitution to read and decide if you're still interested before accepting the position. If you are not selected but are deemed to be a quality candidate you will be contacted asking if you would like to remain on a "retainer list" that will be drawn from should any further positions become available in the near future.

Lastly, below is the actual roster in question;

Pro Roster:
    Cizikas, Casey C - NYI
    Richards, Brad C,LW - NYR
    Zajac, Travis C - NJ
    Morrow, Brenden LW - STL
    Nystrom, Eric LW - NAS
    Skinner, Jeff C,LW,RW - CAR
    Okposo, Kyle RW - NYI
    Parenteau, P.A. RW - COL
    Silfverberg, Jakob LW,RW - ANA
    Engelland, Deryk D - PIT
    Guenin, Nate D - COL
    Hejda, Jan D - COL
    Martin, Paul D - PIT
    Russell, Kris D - CGY
    Stanton, Ryan (R) D - VAN
    Gionta, Brian RW - MON
    Richardson, Brad C - VAN
    Korpikoski, Lauri LW - PHO
    Backes, David C,RW - STL
    Coyle, Charlie C,RW - MIN
    Leddy, Nick D - CHI
    Tanguay, Alex LW,RW - COL
    Rinne, Pekka G - NAS

Minor League
    Hoffman, Mike (R) C - OTT
    Horcoff, Shawn C - DAL
    Lazar, Curtis (R) C,RW - OTT
    Moutrey, Nick (R) C,LW - CBJ
    Rask, Victor (R) C - CAR
    Winchester, Jesse C - FLA
    Comeau, Blake LW - CBJ
    Joensuu, Jesse LW - EDM
    Prokhorkin, Nikolay LW - LA
    Nemisz, Greg RW - CAR
    Almquist, Adam (R) D - DET
    Dumoulin, Brian (R) D - PIT
    Ekholm, Mattias (R) D - NAS
    Heatherington, Dillon (R) D - CBJ
    Lauridsen, Oliver (R) D - PHI
    Leopold, Jordan D - STL
    Oduya, Johnny D - CHI
    Thrower, Dalton (R) D - MON
    Dubnyk, Devan G - MON
    LaBarbera, Jason G - CHI
    McElhinney, Curtis G - CBJ
    Pasquale, Eddie (R) G - WPG

Draft Picks for 2014;
    1st round - 1st overall
    2nd round - 21st overall
    3rd round - 41st overall
    3rd round - TBD
    4th round - 61st overall
    5th round - 81st overall

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Looking for 1 GM for 4th season of dynasty league

Sent you an email. Interested in pursuing this team. Let me know. Thanks!
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}

Dobber Sports Guru

Is it a free league, or is there a cost?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Novice

I forgot that can be advertised here - used to HF Boards and their silly rules - but yes there is a cost. We've set the entry fee at $30CAD next season - up from $20CAD previously - as that was what was preferred within the league. All money collected is distributed as prize money. We're going to rework the exact payouts with the increase but all playoff teams (top 12 of 20) get back half their entry fee and the rest is awared for winning division titles, playoff rounds, championships etc. There is also a one time "buy-in" fee of $15CAD to cover your franchise's portion of the Fantrax Life-Time Membership we got this season. That fee is refunded should you ever decide to leave the league. So to join you're looking at $45CAD for your first season. Entry fees aren't for everyone, which is understandable, but they also make things more competitive and help weed out people who aren't serious so it's essential in my opnion.

Dobber Sports Novice

I'm going to attach a screen shot of our league forum and Fantrax page so you can see what kind of situation you're getting into as I realize it may be tough to fork over $45 for a last place team. As you can see the league is quite active in chatting and activity while our Proboards page is very neat and professional looking. For what it's worth I don't think you'll find many better fantasy hockey leagues out there.

GDHL Forum.JPGGDHL Fantrax.JPG