Thread: Quinton Howden

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Quinton Howden

What do you make of his most recent success? Just a short hot run, or a Anders Lee kind of situation? I am very well aware of that Lee might also have just a hot streak and may cool down significantly

Does Howden have NHL upside? What are your projections for him?

I am thinking solid 3rd line C good for 40+ points maybe, while i think Lee could hit 55
    C: Nuge, Tavares, Staal
    RW: Wheeler, Kane, Setoguchi
    LW: Lupul, Ennis, Perron
    D: Doughty, Carlson, Fowler, Whitney
    G: Smith, Hiller, Gustavsson

Farm: D. Hamilton, Armia, J. Campbell

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Quinton Howden

I had kind of given up on howden. Maybe I was a bit premature but if the fla prospects actually develop I'd figure howden best case is a 3rd liner with some pk and some pp2 opportunities. You'd figure with barkov hubs trochek bjugstad shore IMO all ahead of him (I'm sure I missed a few others). I'd say he's more of a tweener with upside of a 3rd liner say 40 pts in a "perfect" season. Hopefully some of the dobber crowd chimes in but that's my best guess

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Quinton Howden

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    I had kind of given up on howden. Maybe I was a bit premature but if the fla prospects actually develop I'd figure howden best case is a 3rd liner with some pk and some pp2 opportunities. You'd figure with barkov hubs trochek bjugstad shore IMO all ahead of him (I'm sure I missed a few others). I'd say he's more of a tweener with upside of a 3rd liner say 40 pts in a "perfect" season. Hopefully some of the dobber crowd chimes in but that's my best guess
    Excellent post. Q will be a Radek Dvorak type guy. Elite 3rd line with scoring potential and wreck havoc on the PK. But he will not out of the sudden become a top 6 guy. Too many guys ahead of him and with Viola wanting to invest in wingers this offseason that drops his chances. Not a bad situation for him since he was drafted to be a great 3rd liner with PK abilities and not a top scorer.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.