Thread: Protected Roster for next year - 14 team keeper

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Protected Roster for next year - 14 team keeper

Hey guys, looking for some opinions on what to do.

League set up is as follows.

14 teams
    12 keepers year to year
    Auction format($39 total salary)
    12 F
    6 D
    2 G
    6 Bench

roto scoring, G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, Win, SV%, GAA

I have around 16 guys worth keeping. Goalies are hard to come by, and can go for as much as $6 in the auction, even avg goalies might go for 3-4 as each team needs to start 2. Top forwards go for anywhere from 4-5.50 and D is a bit less than that. I had one of the cheapest keeper teams last year, and placed 3rd, 1 pt behind 2nd, and 5 behind 1st. I still have one of the best teams going into the year...

Keep 12 of

Price 3.00
    Thomas 1.50
    Khabby 2.90

Phaneuf 1.80
    Green .10
    Campbell 1.40

Zetterberg 3.40
    Kane 1.00
    Stastny 2.00
    Toews 2.50
    A. Kostitsyn .30
    PM Bouchard 2.20
    Boyes 1.40
    Vrbata 1.50
    V. Kozlov .10
    Avery 1.70

Ideally, I\'m trying to make a 3 or 4 for 1 trade with like Bouchard, Vrbata, Kozlov and someone else for a better forward(top 20 or so, worth like $4 so the other guy can save some salary). IE, one guy\'s projected keepers, he looks to have around $3-4 for the auction to grab 14 guys, where I will have $20 for 14 guys. There are 3-4 teams in the same position, screwed for next year unless they dump salary.

Dobber Sports Expert

My $0.02.

You need to drop 4 from your list, right?

For sure drop Khabby at his 2.9 salary. If goalies are hard to come by I keep Thomas with Price as BOS and coach Julien should ensure his numbers are pretty good.

You have to keep your 3 D IMO.

That leaves 3 F to drop. I\'m dropping V. Kozlov [too many C in WAS...if this is ATL\'s Kozlov I\'m still dropping him]. Drop R. Vrbata as it looks like he\'s leaving PHO. That leaves a choice between B. Boyes, S. Avery and P-M. Bouchard. I\'d keep Avery b/c of his multi-cat production and choose between Bouchard and Boyes to drop. I like Bouchard a little better, but he\'s more expensive and will likely play with less talented linemates [keep Boyes].
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Stud

I pretty much agree with everything andrewklassen said, particularly about moving Khabby. I\'m not sure how much longer he will be a starter. However, in order to keep the salary in check (given Khabby is fairly expensive), you may want to try for a 5 for 2 swap and dangle either Boyes or Avery also.

Khabby, Kozlov, Vrbata, Bouchard and Boyes = 8.1
    Khabby, Kozlov, Vrbata, Bourchard and Avery = 8.4
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Stud

i think that Khabby MUST be built into whatever offer you put out there to another guy this season. if he can\'t use him then maybe he sends him back to auction for you to take a run at.
    i agree that Kozlov, Vrbata and Bouchard are your other drops or better yet build as many of them into an offer if you can.