Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2014 Draft - what's after the top 5?

Banned

Default Re: 2014 Draft - what's after the top 5?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I'm talking Reinhart at 1 no matter what team I am. As far as I'm concerned he's the best player in the draft. Love his I.Q and compete level. I don't even think it is really as close as people are making it out to be. Button having him at 4 is ridiculous. He knows his shit and is connected up the ying-yang but he has been spewing garbage all year with his rankings
    Not close? Ekblad was an exceptional status player and has done nothing to disprove that. He may not be a #1 d-man but I don't think Reinhart will be a #1 centre. I hate the WJC for evaluating but Ekblad was their top D by the end of it, which rarely happens.

Reinhart looks like a low ceiling kind of guy to me.

Dobber Sports Wizard

This draft is just a little unknown at the top. Ekblad should be the best "real life" player but his fantasy value is hard to gauge. The offense has finally come, but it took until his third season, and he's already like 6'4" and 220 pounds. Reinhart is a tough call as well.... I think he's a lock to be a #2 in the NHL.... But is that his ceiling? He's not an explosive guy although his post-WJC domination maybe says otherwise. He has the tools and more importantly the IQ, but something about him just seems kinda iffy when it comes to projections.

Dal Colle is a fairly one-dimensional winger, those types either pan out big (Skinner, Gaborik), or they bust hard (take your pick?). Draisatl was really underwhelming all year until recently, and he's another guy who you worry maybe benefits from more physical development than his opponents. Ehlers is a beauty but damn he is tiny at this point.

This is why I'm so bullish on Bennett. He would be my top pick in a fantasy league.... Of all the guys at the top of this class he doesn't really have too many question marks. He's a late birthday which I like, he's been a riser this season, and probably has a higher points ceiling than Reinhart.

But overall, that is why this draft class is seen as "weak".... It's not a super-draft like 2013 or 2015, and it doesn't have a superstar #1 pick like 2008 or 2009. There may not be too many "stars" but as far as productive players go, this draft runs deep, at least through the 1st round.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Not close? Ekblad was an exceptional status player and has done nothing to disprove that. He may not be a #1 d-man but I don't think Reinhart will be a #1 centre. I hate the WJC for evaluating but Ekblad was their top D by the end of it, which rarely happens.

Reinhart looks like a low ceiling kind of guy to me.
    and Reinhart was killing penalty's and out with 1 minute to go up by 1 in games. That is very rare for an underage player on team Canada. They both had excellent World Juniors. I think it is close between them for 1st overall but not to me personally. I don't see Reinhart as being a low ceiling guy at all. I see him as a player with exceptional hockey I.Q and all the tools to be an elite two-way forward. Outside of Mackinnon I think he is the best player to go into the draft in the last 4 years. That obviously doesn't mean it will turn out that way but I don't think there is anything not to like about his game. Any how Colle and Bennett are not in the same tier as these two imo
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Greats posts in this discussion. Lots for whole community to take out of these dissections, love it!
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft