Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anders Lee

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Anders Lee

Very small sample size, but point per game, so it is tough to ignore. Have him as a temporary filler with Sedin going to IR, but never heard of the guy and I can only imagine part of the production is associated with the Islanders missing key guys and evaluating their youngsters.

Thoughts?

10 Team Partial Keeper (6F, 3D, 1G) - Yahoo H2H League
    5 Year Keeper Max
    Positions: 3C,6W,6D,2G,7BN,3IR+,1IR
    Forwards/Defensemen:G=3, A=2, +/-=1, PPP=1, SHP=1, GWG=1, SOG=0.2, FW=0.1, F=-0.1, Hit=0.2, BLK=0.5
    Goalies:W =2 ,GA=-1, SV=0.2, SHO=3
    [C]- A.Matthews, B.Nelson, C.Verhaeghe (C,W), R.McLeod, Y.Sharangovich
    [W]- N.Kucherov, K.Fiala, C.Keller, J.Gaudreau, E.Kane, P.Kane, D.Batherson, T.Wilson, J.Peterka, E.Tolvanen
    [D]- R.Dahlin, K.Letang, D.Nurse, J.Carlson, O.Ekman-Larsson, T.Harley, T.Krug
    [G] T.Demko, V.Vanecek, S.Wedgewood
    [IR] - D.Hamilton, A.Hill

Administrator

Default Re: Anders Lee

Your league doesn't have hits so you are gonna lose some of the value of owning Lee off the hop. He's playing some top six minutes right now but probably shakes out in the bottom six when all is said and done. Of course you are looking for some temporary filler and he could help now. I'd suggest looking elsewhere even though he does have some scoring touch.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Novice

I would agree with that. You likely could find a more reliable filler. Lee will get good minutes for remainder of yr and should continue current pace because of the gm he plays.. hardnose, to the net. Monitor how the lack of hits effects u but know he is reliable at current pace as long as Isles are short a top LW'er.

Banned

Lee is playing bottom six minutes right now, though he is on the top PP.

Dobber Sports Star

Now may be the time. He looks to be the replacement for Grabner on the top line.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Banned

He is JT's future LW.
    If Capuano is fired, I bet it happens next year.
    If not, might have to wait until someone who knows what they are doing takes over.
    He's still under the radar and as good of a gamble as you can find.

The guy is a pure athlete. Football star - on a lot of NFL draft lists for his running game:

Dobber Sports Star

http://www.lighthousehockey.com/2014...tiger-incoming

Grabner's loss means a lot of options and openings for the Islanders, who currently have just 11 forwards (and seven (7!) rookies). Anders Lee, who seems to score goals every time he takes the ice since his call-up, sounds like he has the inside track on the top line alongside Kyle Okposo and Frans Nielsen.

"Anders Lee deserves an opportunity to move up on that line," Capuano said. "He brings the element of a big body. Nielsen brings great intelligence and great hockey sense; Kyle is a power forward who gets pucks to the net and Lee gets to the net. It's a good combination and he's most likely is the guy who will play on that line."
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Stud

From what I have seen of Lee's game (which is now 2 NHL games) he is keeping his game simple. Going to the front of the net and looking for deflections, digging in the corner, finding an open seam and hustling back on D. From my limited experience the guy looks like an NHL player, the Islanders need help at the pro level so its a perfect storm.

I picked him up in one of my leagues (I have 3 of them) and am coveting him in my sim league
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Anyone care to guess his point totals over the next few years? A lot of it depends on his getting a regular top 6 role and right now it looks like he will get it, unless the Isles rule in a UFA, which has not happened all that often in the past.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Pro

Hard to say but don't sleep on Lee. Snatch him up in keeper leagues especially if you have a farm you can stash him on. Treat him like you would a young Ryan Smyth.

Dobber Sports Master

loving it ...kudos to those who stashed him on their farms waiting for success .

Lee and B.Nelson , two pretty big boys who should give opposing d-men a rough ride over the next decade

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    Hard to say but don't sleep on Lee. Snatch him up in keeper leagues especially if you have a farm you can stash him on. Treat him like you would a young Ryan Smyth.
    Too late. Someone snatched him right before him during last week's waivers. Now I'm trying to decide what to offer for him. I know the guy who picked up Lee likes Kucherov but I like Kucherov more still. I have Stewart who I'm shopping but I feel Stewart would be an overpayment at this time.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    loving it ...kudos to those who stashed him on their farms waiting for success .

Lee and B.Nelson , two pretty big boys who should give opposing d-men a rough ride over the next decade
    Yeah, these two have been under the radar but not anymore. Looks like they'll achieve fantasy relevance quicker than the much more highly touted Strome.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Funnily enough i got him as a throw in during a trade for Boyle earlier this season. He's starting to become more valuable than Boyle! Lol
    16 Team, 50 Player Capped ($75m) Keeper (Overall Fantasy Points). 12F, 6D, 1G Active

Scoring - G, A, PPG/A, +/-, SHG/A, W, SO, (GA bonus's)

F - T. Johnson, Galchenyuk, Nyquist, A. Lee, Radulov, Nelson, Neal, Sharp, Atkinson, Ribeiro, Ryan, Staal, (Donskoi, Eller, Colbourne, Vermette, Rodin)
    D - Burns, Klingberg, Gohstisbehere, Weber, Parayko, Braun
    G - Allen (Luongo)

Farm
    F - Mantha, Wilson, Fast, Tolchinsky, Bracco, Merkley, Malgin, Novak, N. Paul, K. Roy, Maroon, Laughton, Lindberg
    D - DeAngelo, Sproul, Clendening, Trouba, Weircioch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm starting to consider him as a keeper, but I'll see how things pan out over the summer. I don't think I need to decide until a couple of weeks into next season. I can't drop him at this point though, guy is on fire.

10 Team Partial Keeper (6F, 3D, 1G) - Yahoo H2H League
    5 Year Keeper Max
    Positions: 3C,6W,6D,2G,7BN,3IR+,1IR
    Forwards/Defensemen:G=3, A=2, +/-=1, PPP=1, SHP=1, GWG=1, SOG=0.2, FW=0.1, F=-0.1, Hit=0.2, BLK=0.5
    Goalies:W =2 ,GA=-1, SV=0.2, SHO=3
    [C]- A.Matthews, B.Nelson, C.Verhaeghe (C,W), R.McLeod, Y.Sharangovich
    [W]- N.Kucherov, K.Fiala, C.Keller, J.Gaudreau, E.Kane, P.Kane, D.Batherson, T.Wilson, J.Peterka, E.Tolvanen
    [D]- R.Dahlin, K.Letang, D.Nurse, J.Carlson, O.Ekman-Larsson, T.Harley, T.Krug
    [G] T.Demko, V.Vanecek, S.Wedgewood
    [IR] - D.Hamilton, A.Hill