Thread: Drastic Keeper Team Make-over - Feedback will REP

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Drastic Keeper Team Make-over - Feedback will REP

This is the second year of my keeper league, which I won last season. I really struggled out of the gates this year, and made of series of trades to try and improve my team, followed by two more trades at the deadline. My team went through a pretty drastic transformation, and thought I'd share a before and after with the forum to see what people think. Last year we kept 10, this year going up to 12. Settings in sig.

My main roster beginning of year, keepers from previous year in bold:

F: Backstrom, H. Sedin, Benn, Backes, Callahan, Semin, Brown, streaming F
    D: Phaneuf, Carlson, McDonagh, Hamhuis, Gudas
    G: Lundqvist, Ward, Nabokov

After: (players I will likely keep in bold, but not set in stone)

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Callahan, Semin, Hartnell, Pominville, streaming F
    D: Karlsson, Burns, McDonagh, Carlson, Gudas
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Mason

As you can see, a pretty drastic difference. Here's the series of trades that caused the transformation, in the order they occurred:

1. My Backstrom and Ward for Eberle and Quick (beginning of season)
    2. My Benn, Backes, Phaneuf, Markstrom (farm), Huberdeau(farm) for Crosby and Boyle (3 weeks into the season)
    3. My H. Sedin and D. Brown for Giroux and Hall (days after the Crosby deal, Giroux's owner traded for Daniel and wanted Hank)
    4. My Eberle and Lack(farm) for Brent Burns and Scott Hartnell (deal made before Luongo trade, no idea he was getting moved)
    5. My Giroux and Dan Boyle for Erik Karlsson

Pacioretty and Mason were waiver-wire grabs.

So overall in the trades, I gave up: Backstrom, Benn, Backes, Bown, Phaneuf, H. Sedin, Huberdeau (farm), Lack (farm), Markstrom
    And brought back: Crosby, Quick, Hall, Karlsson, Burns, Hartnell

After the trades, I climbed from 8th place to take over first last week for that all-important first-round bye. Would love to hear people's thoughts on my make-over and if you think I improved my team's chances at defending the title. Rep given to all, thanks!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Administrator

Default Re: Drastic Keeper Team Make-over - Feedback will REP

Seems like you killed a lot of team depth but considering this is a limited keeper you've ultimately done well and obviously you climbed the latter. Don't think you need anyone to tell you this was a good set of deals.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Drastic Keeper Team Make-over - Feedback will REP

Was a little worried about depth, but in a 10-teamer limited keeper I really wanted to improve my top players and goaltending. My previous team was dominant in the toughness/grit cats, my current team is a lot more offensive while still above average in toughness cats. Ward is gone and Quick is in, so goaltending is obviously better.

Things were really stale in the first year of our league, it was a lot of fun to see things really pick up this season with a ton of player movement. I thought it was interesting tracking how things panned out, though I'd share for the rest of you fantasy hockey nerds that like looking at this kind of stuff

Already gave you some rep today, won't let me add more
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon