Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Round 9 Discussion

Till what date do we have of regurlar drafting before people start to take vacations?

Also, I was wondering if I could see the formula for the salaries.

Dobber Sports Stud

i will be drafting up until June 22nd then i am out for about 8 days

as for the salaries there is a thread in this area about salaries that i tried to explain it

Dobber Sports Stud

i found what i posted here it is

A bit of an explanation on the salary calcs.
    Stats for all players that played last year were collected for the past 3 years.

Each of the 9 stats for all of those players were then worked into a percentage of the best in that stat.
    ie... Alex O had the most goals last year, his value for G was 1, guys with around 30 goals would have about a .5 rating for that stat. That is then done for all 9 stats for all 3 years for all players that played a game last year.

From those values we then add up there values for all 6 stats (F/D) or 3 stats (G) and get each players yearly ranking.
    After all of that we then work those numbers into a 3 year overall ranking which is currently done by taking 60% of the most recent year, 30% of year 2, and 10% of the oldest year (these values may be modified in the future) and that gets you every players ranking.

We then get the max of the F/D and the max of the G and add a \"factor\" too them to A) keep players and goalies from the max salary and B ) postion the top goalies in range with the top players.
    So we know have the top ranking for F/D plus a constant and that value woudl be equal to the max contract $200, same is done for goalies.
    We then take a value at some point down the list of values, approx 45 down for G, and 500 down for F/D to get the min values, (no these aren\'t the lowest values on the chart, but any player under these values is $5)
    We then take the values of the players and interpolate them between $200 and $5 depending on their ranking, and we get their salary, sorry this isn\'t easy to fully explain!
    But don\'t worry salaries for players will be available for all players during the season so you can get a feel for where your cap will be next year.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Chinny wrote:
    i found what i posted here it is

A bit of an explanation on the salary calcs.
    Stats for all players that played last year were collected for the past 3 years.

Each of the 9 stats for all of those players were then worked into a percentage of the best in that stat.
    ie... Alex O had the most goals last year, his value for G was 1, guys with around 30 goals would have about a .5 rating for that stat. That is then done for all 9 stats for all 3 years for all players that played a game last year.

From those values we then add up there values for all 6 stats (F/D) or 3 stats (G) and get each players yearly ranking.
    After all of that we then work those numbers into a 3 year overall ranking which is currently done by taking 60% of the most recent year, 30% of year 2, and 10% of the oldest year (these values may be modified in the future) and that gets you every players ranking.

We then get the max of the F/D and the max of the G and add a \"factor\" too them to A) keep players and goalies from the max salary and B ) postion the top goalies in range with the top players.
    So we know have the top ranking for F/D plus a constant and that value woudl be equal to the max contract $200, same is done for goalies.
    We then take a value at some point down the list of values, approx 45 down for G, and 500 down for F/D to get the min values, (no these aren\'t the lowest values on the chart, but any player under these values is $5)
    We then take the values of the players and interpolate them between $200 and $5 depending on their ranking, and we get their salary, sorry this isn\'t easy to fully explain!
    But don\'t worry salaries for players will be available for all players during the season so you can get a feel for where your cap will be next year.
    Great Thanks!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Anyone want to side bet how long it takes Sniper to pick? :silly:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Noriculous wrote:
    The over/under is my bedtime here in Oslo, about 6 pm Eastern!

Also, what about the player I passed on to select Downie? There are 27 picks before I can make my selection again.

How many picks will occur before the guy I passed on is selected? There is NO WAY he will fall to me...is there?
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Giant

The Comish wrote:
    Noriculous wrote:

Also, what about the player I passed on to select Downie? There are 27 picks before I can make my selection again.

How many picks will occur before the guy I passed on is selected? There is NO WAY he will fall to me...is there?
    If you tell me who it is, sure he won\'t fall to you! :silly:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The Comish wrote:
    Noriculous wrote:

Who knows. I will go all out and say Sniper picks him up next.

Dobber Sports Ace

its a little more likely the guy I was tentatively thinking of picking next will be available. Maybe you\'ll be lucky and it will be the same guy!
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne

Dobber Sports Ace

maybe a rule question what happen to the salary cap if a player is place on IR like AO or jagr or anybody.... did we substract his salary or what happen...
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Stud

I believe IR salaries are not counted against your cap

Dobber Sports Giant

Chinny wrote:
    I believe IR salaries are not counted against your cap
    That\'s what I think too...

Dobber Sports Initiate

If Sniper picks soon, I think we can get all the way into round 10 tonight!!!

Dobber Sports Master

Don\'t expect too much guys.

My bet is Sniper picks sometime tonight.

As for your pick Comish I will say he goes within the next 10 picks. But who knows with everyone picking based on different drafting styles.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino