Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 9 Discussion

Dobber Sports Master

Default Round 9 Discussion

The Comish wrote:
    I had a couple of guys rated higher than Downie that I really wanted to take with this pick, but I saw Broad Street Bullies with two picks before my next one.

This guy might be a force in a couple of years when (sorry, if) he learns to pick his spots. 92 pts, 124 pim in 45 games in his last year in junior!? Crazy numbers. Pro-rates to 168 pts and 226 pim over 82 games!

Of course he won\'t put up those numbers in the NHL, but how many guys are on pace to rack up over 160 points AND 225 penalty mins even in junior hockey?

He\'s too fun a player not to have on your roster! I like him, he\'s controversial and talented.

Now if you would all co-operate and NOT take the guy I passed on to make this odd selection, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Who is this guy I promise not to pick him cause I don\'t have a chance too.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Ninja

Crazy, check your email!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

Did Maple leave a list with anyone???

Comish Reply: Not with me.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Ace

Haha I like Avery because he is controversial and talented, but I absolutely hate Downie, I think hes a dick. I am friends with the cousin of an old teammate of his (which i won\'t name, he could be going around now in the draft, never know) who also agrees, he is a dick.

Lots of people say Avery is a dick, but that won\'t stop me form liking him!
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne

Dobber Sports Ninja

Anonymous wrote:
    Haha I like Avery because he is controversial and talented, but I absolutely hate Downie, I think hes a dick. I am friends with the cousin of an old teammate of his (which i won\'t name, he could be going around now in the draft, never know) who also agrees, he is a dick.

Lots of people say Avery is a dick, but that won\'t stop me form liking him!
    Yeah, I think Downie\'s got some growing up to do, but his fantasy numbers will be sick if he can control his aggressiveness.

He\'s been a force on every team he\'s been on. I think he\'s a dick as well, but I\'m not drafting guys because they are good guys or not!:P I think he\'s got a bright fantasy future.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Novice

The Comish wrote:
    I had a couple of guys rated higher than Downie that I really wanted to take with this pick, but I saw Broad Street Bullies with two picks before my next one.

This guy might be a force in a couple of years when (sorry, if) he learns to pick his spots. 92 pts, 124 pim in 45 games in his last year in junior!? Crazy numbers. Pro-rates to 168 pts and 226 pim over 82 games!

Of course he won\'t put up those numbers in the NHL, but how many guys are on pace to rack up over 160 points AND 225 penalty mins even in junior hockey?

He\'s too fun a player not to have on your roster! I like him, he\'s controversial and talented.

Now if you would all co-operate and NOT take the guy I passed on to make this odd selection, it would be greatly appreciated.
    I was going to take him with my next pick, great pick
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

LW: M.Michalek, Raffi Torres, Sean Bergenheim
    RW: Holmstrom, B.J. Crombeen, Jamie Langenbrunner
    C: J.Carter, R. Brindamour, Ryan Kesler
    D: Byfuglien, Alexander Edler , Marc Staal, Bryan McCabe
    G: Ward, Turco

BN - Tom Poti, Andrew Alberts, Darroll Powe, Luca Sbisa, Ossi Vaananen, Ben Eager, Boyd Gordon, Stephen Valiquette, Tom McCollum

Torture

Well, I\'m back. I hadn\'t expected to be making two picks in the time I was gone, but that\'s OK I guess...my list was kinda more geared towards fixing a hole for one round. :P

Dobber Sports Ninja

Torture wrote:
    Well, I\'m back. I hadn\'t expected to be making two picks in the time I was gone, but that\'s OK I guess...my list was kinda more geared towards fixing a hole for one round. :P
    Hey Torture,

I will allow you to make your own selection in place of Samsonov, but it has to be before mapletreemarty makes his pick and it can not be Downie.

If anyone has a problem with this, please let me know. Torture was at a funeral over the weekend and sent me a fairly long list. I do not see a huge issue with this, I hope everyone else sees this my way as well.

Torture

The Comish wrote:
    Torture wrote:
    Hey Torture,

I will allow you to make your own selection in place of Samsonov, but it has to be before mapletreemarty makes his pick and it can not be Downie.

If anyone has a problem with this, please let me know. Torture was at a funeral over the weekend and sent me a fairly long list. I do not see a huge issue with this, I hope everyone else sees this my way as well.
    I appreciate the offer, but don\'t worry about it Comish. Samsonov, and the idea of having my 3 LW complete has grown on me. He\'s only 30 years old, so he should be in his prime right now and he\'s shown signs of life in Carolina. I think I\'ve got to be getting close to stealing the title of oldest team though. :laugh:

Comish Comment: I like the Samsonov pick here. All is good.

Dobber Sports Giant

I also like Samsonov pick. I really think in found his old self out there and might be good to go for a big season.

Regarding Maple, he was suppose to call me or Crazy over the weekend if he had access to a public phone in the parks. I guess he didn\'t find one or didn\'t have the time.

Dobber Sports Master

Torture your getting close to the oldest team... but I still think i\'m the wheelchair team.

As for maple I told him not to call me until after the weekend as I had my phone on silent during my golf rounds. I told him to call me on monday so Chic or myself should get his pick today. Hold tight guys.

Torture I have no problem with you changing your pick.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Ace

Crazynuck wrote:

As for maple I told him not to call me until after the weekend as I had my phone on silent during my golf rounds. I

let your cell at home when you play golf (what is more important answer the cell or play golf )
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Ace

torture for your pick i have no problem if you want to change it ... pick downie :P
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Master

NordiqueFan wrote:
    Crazynuck wrote:

As for maple I told him not to call me until after the weekend as I had my phone on silent during my golf rounds. I

let your cell at home when you play golf (what is more important answer the cell or play golf )
    golf as it was business about hockey they go hand in hand. cell was in my golf bag but no missed calls from a random pay phone #
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Stud

Rumour has it that Maple\'s pick is coming in the next 20min