Thread: Studs and Duds - 11/26

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Studs and Duds - 11/26

One game and one shut-out resulting from just one goal and one assist …

That’s how I envisioned my Studs and Duds column was going to start yesterday, and for almost half the game it looked like I was going to be right. Then Dallas decides to fire three quick ones past Hiller in a matter of 53 seconds. Talk about blowing the game wide open. That goal scoring run by Eakin, Robidas and Garbutt was the fastest 3 goals scored since 2012. Useless trivia I know, but for those of you that like that sort of thing I thought I would include it. Ryan Garbutt got the game-winning-goal but considering that he is owned by absolutely no-one in a yahoo league, it’s safe to say that only the deepest of other league providers probably benefited from his gwg.

STUDS

The stars align for the “undrafted” Stars.

Antoine Roussel – The undrafted French winger put up some nice stats last night. He got his 4th goal of the season to make the game 5-2 for the Stars. He also added 2 penalty minutes, 2 shots on goal, a blocked shot and finished the night plus one.

Ryan Garbutt – Another undrafted player that sparkled like a true star. In addition to the game-winning-goal Ryan also had 2 assists, 3 shots on goal, 1 blocked shot and 2 hits. He also ended the night a plus one.

Vernon Fiddler – Yup, you guessed it. This center was also undrafted. Fiddler had 2 assists, 1 shot on goal and was plus two on the night. He also won 70% of his face-offs, not a bad stat line for a 33 year old depth player.

There’s still some Cole left in this fire.

Erik Cole – The 35 year old right wing assisted on the game tying goal and was on the ice to assist Chiasson with the empty netter. With Cole’s 2 assists he also finished the night a plus two, had 3 shots on goal, 2 blocked shots, 1 hit and a takeway. Not bad for just over 14 minutes of ice-time.

Eakin out the victory

Cody Eakin – He tied the game with his 6th of the season and padded his stats with the secondary assist at the end of the game, bring him to 8 assists on the season. Cody now has 14 points in 23 games. He was also a plus two and contributed 1 shot on goal, 2 blocked shots, 3 hits and just under 65% in the circle.

DUDS

Ducks defense destroyed by Dallas

Sami Vatanen – Injuries to the Ducks blue line forced the recall of Sami, and I am sure he knows he has to play better in the time he has with the big club. He didn’t last night, he was on the ice for 3 of the Stars’ goals and didn’t provide much else. He had 2 shots, 2 hits and a takeaway. This is unacceptable from an offensively gifted defenseman.

Cam Fowler – The 12th overall pick of the 2010 draft was a disappointment for the Ducks. He was on the ice for 2 goals against, only took one shot, blocked two and had a takeaway. He skated just under 27 minutes as well. More is expected of you Mr Fowler!

Top two toppled together

Ryan Getzlaf – Usually the hulking 6’4” center can be relied upon to produce fantasy worthy numbers. Not last night, he was also on the ice for 3 goals against. He did have an assist and usually when he’s not providing points he is helping out elsewhere … Nope! The only other place he contributed was a measely 2 shots on goal and a pathetic 23% face-off ratio. He lost 11 of 16 draws.

Corey Perry - Someone else that should be helping to fill up multiple categories, but isn’t! Perry had one assist, was also a minus 3, had 3 shots on goal, 2 blocked shots and 3 giveaways.

~~~~~

Other points
    -It was a clean game, only 5 penalties called.
    -No powerplay goals were scored
    -Four Dallas Stars were above 64% in face-off wins.
    -Only one Anaheim Duck was above 50% in the circle.
    -Cam Fowler has “balance” issues. Watch the video here.

Cheers
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Studs and Duds - 11/26

Good write up. I started that Vantanen idiot yesterday. Safe to say, I dropped him this morning.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion