Thread: Jan Kovar

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Jan Kovar

Anyone know much about this guy or seen him play? I see he had 2 pretty good seasons in the Czech league and this season he is having a great year in the KHL 57 pts in 44 games thus far. Only 23 years old. Think he will ever come over and if he does do you guys think he can become an impact player?

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Jan Kovar

Nope don't think he will ever come over and no I dont think he will be an impact player if he does. Remember Cervenka? they are very similar in size and they both played in the Czech league before going to Russia and putting up good numbers in the KHL . Cervenka did sweet bugger all.

Dobber Sports Guru

Cervenka was out of shape for the NHL and didn't skate well enough. He had plenty of skill though. Just adding this because his failure doesn't automatically mean another guy would fail as well. If this Kovar has wheels and is fit, he could have a different outcome.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Originally posted by ultrawhiteness View Post
    Cervenka was out of shape for the NHL and didn't skate well enough. He had plenty of skill though. Just adding this because his failure doesn't automatically mean another guy would fail as well. If this Kovar has wheels and is fit, he could have a different outcome.
    He was involved in the fastest skater relay at the KHL All-star game. Can't find much else about his skating though.

http://www.bearshockeyblog.com/khl-s...r-show-review/

Administrator

Cervenka could have stayed in the NHL if he wanted. He would have had to take depth scorer money which is short of what he makes overseas. Can't blame the guy for leaving.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

thanks for the responses. I will bookmark his hockeydb and keep track of his career and see how it goes.